Genesco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genesco Interview Questions

1.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genesco (Nashville, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

When I got there for my interview the front desk security guard gave me a badge and told me to go the the 6th floor. I went up and found it with the help of one of my friends that already worked there. It was very nice, everyone smiled and the interview process did not take long. Maybe 10 minutes and I got to pick my schedule and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genesco (Nashville, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview of basic questions about customer service. Then in person interview to go over why I would be the best fit. Asked how in the past would my experience help with the job. Then asked weaknesses and strengths. All in all a pretty simple interview process for customer service rep position.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genesco (Natick, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview was very easy, sat down and spoke about my background before the District Sales Manager went into the details and benefits of the company. Everything seemed to be going well until I said the lowest I would go in salary would be 35, 000, seemed like the DM was hit by a brick. I thought that based on my experience, 35,000 was reasonable. Rather than telling me she couldn't do it, the DM seemed to feel my time was worthless, by stringing me on for two weeks (Having me take stupid assesments and what not), before saying the best she could do was 29,000...horrible....

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Genesco (Harrisburg, PA) in September 2010.

Interview

I first walked in to the store and requested information on available jobs. The store manager was on duty and decided to give me a interview on the spot. He asked basic questions about my background and work history. After that was done he said he would forward my information to the hiring manager and they would call me. About 1 week went by and the hiring manager called me for a phone interview. All of the questions were pretty basic and she offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to balance between work and school   Answer Question

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Genesco (Melville, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

easy

Negotiation

I just took whatever

Co- Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genesco (El Paso, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

First interview was okay. Very simple and short. Second interview was less than appealing. Questions were simple and more about my personal characteristics. Asked about my hobbies, likes, and dislikes. I believe they were looking for more retail experience. Overall interview process was average. I did not like that the interview took place in the open, rather than a more professional setting.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you having no retail experience.?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genesco (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2010.

Interview

Promoted from within. My initial process came inside the mall and all of my promotions came with very little direct communication. I was in contact with my district manager directly roughly once every couple months. To be promoted for the position I was not interviewed actually.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pismo Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genesco (Pismo Beach, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

they like to see how talkative and bubbly that you can be. they want to make sure you will be able to carry on a conversation with customers and get them excited about their products. always answer all of their questions and never just say i dont know.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is no negotiation but you can work your way up if you make all of your sales goals and show a good effort.