Genetec Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genetec Interview Questions

Interviews at Genetec

2.8

Access Control Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genetec in March 2016.

Interview

This was for a remote position. There was an online technical aptitude test and two phone interviews. Asked many very technical questions regarding network protocols. Definitely do some research about Genetec because they will ask about what you know about them, product lines / names. Wanted very specific answers to what I had previously worked on, brands and even model numbers. I thought they were very thorough. I haven't interviewed in many years and this was the second company recently. Even though I did not receive an offer I appreciated how they treated me especially compared to the other company I interviewed with. I learned quite a bit from this process which should help me with other companies down the road. Communication process was swift.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about multi casting and network protocols.   Answer Question

Channel Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Acworth, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genetec (Acworth, GA) in January 2019.

Interview

I had a wonderful conversation with the Talent Acquisition team followed by a Skype interview with the team managers. The talent acquisition specialist continued to check in with me even weeks after I was hired to make sure I had everything I needed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a previous sale and how it went.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genetec (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in June 2018.

Interview

We started off with some behavioral questions and background. Afterwards we had some chat about projects I had undertaken and finally some technical questions. No DSA. Just easy language based questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Genetec (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2019.

Interview

I got a phone from Talent Management Advisor. She was very friendly and answered my questions very politely. She asked about my previous experiences and roles. She also asked some basic C# questions.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genetec (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied through the company website and was contacted after a week by the recruiter to schedule for a phone screen interview. He was very nice and polite starting by asking questions about me, then asking technical questions. After a couple days he emailed me and said although I seemed to have good potential, they decided to pursue with another candidate having more experience.

Interview Questions

• C# questions over virtual, override, sealed, destructor, multithreading, lock, dispose, finalize, try, catch, finally, etc.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genetec.

Interview

Phone interview:
    About 30 min of questions and answers with the HR incharge.

Panel interview:
    With 4 of the Sales team including the Team management, Team leader and Team member.

Presentation:
    About a past project I'd done, what I did and what difficulties I had and how I'd solved.

C# Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Genetec (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied through University portal. Received an email asking to come to office for an interview. Process took 4+ weeks. Even though the interview went super well (imo), no one ever got back to me and I messaged both manager and recruiter 5x.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genetec (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Very nice, they were friendly enough and open to you elaborating on something if you could not remember what it was called. I think they care more conceptually what you can do and how you approach situations more than actually remembering the names and stuff.
    You just need to know things about programming around OOP and Functional programming. They asked me to interpret code and some stuff about algorithms.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Genetec (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

I got an interview from my school's partnership program. Came in for an interview around a week after.
    Interviewer was one of the engineers. He was very nice, but asked a lot of technical questions. There was almost no personality, team fit questions. It was all technical.

Interview Questions

• Explain C# garbage collection.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherbrooke, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genetec (Sherbrooke, QC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through my school website and a few days later received a notification I would come in to interview. The whole process took a month.

The people are very warm and welcoming in their communications and during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the purpose of inheritance?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between a class and an object?   1 Answer
    • What happens if you write an infinite loop and the computer runs out of memory?   Answer Question
    • What is a pointer?   Answer Question
    • What size does a pointer take in memory?   Answer Question
    • What happens if you have an array whose beginning is pointed to by a pointer and you add 4 to this pointer?   Answer Question
    • What does the internal keyword do in C#?   Answer Question
    • What is the garbage collector? How would you prevent an object from being deleted by it?   Answer Question
    • What qualities does your ideal colleague possess?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiations