Genius Plaza Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Genius Plaza (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

One thing that was novel about the process, as I was interviewing for a position where there was no office, my interviews were all handled via Google Hangouts.

3 levels of interview:
    1. HR
    2. Department Head
    3. CEO

As I'd made mention of my facility with languages, I was invited to conduct part of the interview in Spanish.

After that I was contacted by HR as they wanted to move forward with adding me to their team

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genius Plaza (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Excellent process to hire me, the interview was amazing, they supported me every time, they tried me with respect and helped me a lot to meet and to respond every question because i was super nervous

Interview Questions

• About my technical skills, about my personalities my hobbies and my passion by software development   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genius Plaza (Miami, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

It was a phone screening, which was very detailed. Then an office interview. The process, in general, was well explained which allowed me to have a better understanding of the next steps in the process.

Interview Questions

• Talk about specific experience related to the position and how I could contribute to making it better.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Genius Plaza (Albany, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I met initially on a video interview with a recruiter, including a technical test to do coding samples. Questions started easy and ended with more difficult functions.

After that, another video interview with the manager and another person on the team. More of a meet and greet with some more information of the position, duties, what the team is like, what they want long term from the person.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions- create a process to do X, write a function using Y, etc.   Answer Question

Python Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genius Plaza (Clifton Park, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Had a Skype interview where I was asked to develop short programs. Involved map functions and other Python-specific programming techniques. There was also a Django portion which I did not take because of my inexperience in the framework.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements?   1 Answer

Producer/Editor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Genius Plaza in June 2017.

Interview

was great,
    I set out my arguments for the position and my interviewer guided the questions according to the attitudes I was looking for. Everything went very well and the interviewer made sure that he did not have a precion in the interview.

Django Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genius Plaza.

Interview

1. Telephone call
    2. Screen Sharing + few multiple choice technical questions.

The questions were all multiple choice, and based on python. The talent acquisition person never called back, and doesn't even reply to email.

Getting rejected in interview is a normal thing, but at least an acknowledgment should be made at professional level. Things were handled very badly from their side.

Interview Questions

• Whats your salary expectation?   1 Answer

Product Management Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I interviewed at Genius Plaza (Miami, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to interview for a product management leader position. There was no job description. I was asked to go to an in-person interview with the CEO. I arrived on time the interviewer was running late so I waited 30 minutes. The whole interview was scheduled for 30 minutes and lasted an hour. The followed up the next week and let me know they'd be going in a different direction. The mission of the company is very powerful, but the interview process felt shockingly awkward and uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst thing that has ever happened to you?   Answer Question
    • I have no respect for the products you've managed, what is your response to that?   Answer Question
    • How do you fight for things you believe in?   Answer Question

Illustration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genius Plaza (Clifton Park, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and simple. I met some representatives at a Career Fair and discussed 2 of my projects, which lead to the interview. The interview itself was a 30 minute video chat about the basics: who you are, what are you looking for, what do you like about the company. The majority of the time will be spent looking over some of your projects (2 most likely, 3 if they're quick). The interviewers are super relaxed and friendly, it was very easy to talk to them.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite project on your portfolio and why? Walk us through it.   Answer Question

Learning Success Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genius Plaza (Clifton Park, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by three people in person, and then by one person via video chat. Both interviews were positive experiences; they were very friendly, and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted the job.   1 Answer