George P. Johnson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at George P. Johnson (San Francisco, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

I was connected with a recruiting manager who organized a number of interviews. The manager was very responsive and timely. I was connected to 5 different members of the team I was interviewing for. We had phone conversations and I essentially similar things to the 5 different people. I was given the tip to be on video call as opposed to just voice call.

Interview Questions

• What are your event production strengths?   1 Answer

Strategic Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at George P. Johnson (Torrance, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Introduced by a recruiter, interview was arranged quickly and seamlessly. The company seems locked up and very professional. Affable and respectful culture. Interviewer was very busy, it seemed like he had very little time for the interview. Very direct, no time was wasted. Seems like a fast paced environment.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at George P. Johnson (Torrance, CA).

Interview

Initially contacted by recruiter. Round 1 included a phone conversation with the recruiter which was very pleasant and informative. Round 2 was a one-on-one with the direct manager for the position. We established great rapport and had an engaging discussion about the position and my qualifications. I was immediately contacted after the second round to schedule a Round 3 with another member of upper management. Again, established great rapport and received very positive feedback from the recruiter. The member of upper management did ask for me to return to present with the direct manager to see how we worked as a team.
    Long story short, I was then given less than 24 hours to return and present solo for 2 members of upper management. Fortunately, I had a presentation that I was able to update for the meeting the following day. The presentation went well, and we all had a very engaging discussion about the concept that I presented.
    Then, get a call from the recruiter stating that they were passing on me as a candidate with the feedback given by one member of upper management stating that I did not have enough industry experience.
    Overall, I feel as though a lot of my time was wasted. I don't believe I would have made it through 4 Rounds of interviewing if I wasn't qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• I was given less than 24 hours to return back for a Round 4 presentation to upper management.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews within a 2-week timeframe, responses and paperwork were sent quickly, and the normal procedure of questions were asked during the interview i.e. strengths and weaknesses, examples of experiences, etc.

Interview Questions

• -having experience in hospitality and event management is a plus.   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at George P. Johnson (New York, NY).

Interview

Very professional, detailed questions, there is a drug test

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was not possible

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at George P. Johnson (Torrance, CA).

Interview

I had a great first interview with this company. My second and third interview were a bit tougher but still went well. I was confident after my third interview that I was going to get an offer or at least a final interview. To my dismay, I never heard from them again. No email, no call, nothing. I was definitely disappointed. Overall, the interview process was good but after no contact after 3 interviews which took over a month in total, I'd have to say overall it was a negative experience. When you take so much time to apply and interview for a position that you truly want, a simple call or email would go a long way. I wouldn't discourage someone from applying for this company but perhaps the company should improve their follow up process.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mainly surrounding my past experience and a few questions pertaining to how I would handle a very large work load and busy travel schedule.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at George P. Johnson (Boston, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

2 days after I submitted via LinkedIn I got a phone interview with corp HR, a week later a face to face with Management team 3 weeks later a follow-up phone conversation with GM. Finally 1 weeks after that an offer letter.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at George P. Johnson (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Very simple and fun! The ladies I spoke with were very happy and eager to help me and talk to me. The kept the interview more of a conversation rather than Q&A.

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at George P. Johnson (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via email by an HR person for a phone screening, then had an in person interview with a panel of about 6 women. The woman who did the initial screening was very pleasant and personable. However, in the panel interview it felt like a sorority. Not at all as friendly.
    I have a friend who worked for GPJ (no long does) and I'd asked him what his experience was with them. Although he worked there for many years, he did not recommend it to me. He said that they are very

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Have you ever been in a difficult situation with a client and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • What type of work environment do you prefer? Do you like to work alone or with a group?
       (They are searching for "team players.")   Answer Question
    • Have you planned trade shows before?   Answer Question
    • They pulled out a sheet of paper with a list of questions and gave me a pretend scenario of an event and asked me to tell them what I would do. The scenario was a road show that was launching a product. They gave me a budget and a general timeline.   1 Answer

Event Specialist Interview

Interview

Applied by sending resume to HR person on website. Was contacted one week later to set up interview. Interviewed with 2 people, as well as HR. The interview process was very detailed and thorough. Questions were applicable to the industry & client projects, and they were very direct / to the point. There was talk about the positive culture and helpful coworkers. Was offered the job 1 week later. No negotiation on salary.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected if you know their industry   Answer Question