GetInsured Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GetInsured Interview Questions

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GetInsured.

Interview

HR manager found my resume online, the following process was very fast. I have received the phone call and the next interview was scheduled next day. People were very friendly, HR manager showed the office space and provided detailed explanations about the corporate culture, work environment, benefits and so on.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special. The larger part of the questions required specific examples. Get ready to tell PSR (problem-solution-result) stories. Probably one tricky question was - how do you start the project if you know nothing about the product.   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GetInsured (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

two managers who asked formal and informal interview questions. Not very in depth with the questioning. Asked about my background and my sales experience. One of the managers asked me to sell him a pen as part of the interview process

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GetInsured (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Very rushed onsite interview, no time to ask questions. During one of them, the interviewer didn't allow me time to clarify his questions and even left the room during one of the questions. I was asked one specific question about Hibernate's by two different interviewers, so it must be very important to them. If you've just never dealt with this particular issue before, and you're familiar with general Hibernate behavior, it would not be possible to answer this question in the way they expected.

Overall the interview wasn't difficult, it just appeared that they wanted to hear specific answers. There wasn't much "problem solving" during the interview, I felt it was more of a test of whether you're experienced in these specific topics.

Interview Questions

• Runtime behavior of Java generics - this one is probably one of the more challenging questions and deals with issues that's not widely encountered in typical enterprise applications.   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GetInsured (Mountain View, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn and I responded to set up a time to interview. I went in to the office for the full interview and things went really well. Everyone I talked to seemed really great and excited about the possibility of working together. Thirty minutes later I received an email from the recruiter saying they wanted to move forward and would send the offer letter in the next few days; he just needed my references. I gave them contact information for 3 different references. My references were all called but without warning so they missed their calls. When they tried to call the people at GetInsured back their mailbox was full and couldn't leave a message. One of my references kept calling the recruiters back and finally got through--this reference told me that the call went well. I did not hear anything from the recruiter I worked with for more than a week. Then he said he was just waiting on one last signature but it would be approved the next day. When it was finally approved and the offer was ready the recruiter only wanted to go over the offer on the phone. He missed me on the phone once (he called during working hours so I was at my current job) but I called and emailed twice with multiple days and times that I was available. I never heard back and I never saw a physical offer letter.

Interview Questions

I was told I received and offer and the recruiter wanted to go over it on the phone but I never saw it or heard about it over the phone.

Jun 30, 2014 – Social Media Strategist

We are committed to treating all interview candidates with the utmost respect, and we take seriously any complaint received by a candidate. We do not agree with this version of events, but wish you... More

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GetInsured (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Started with a phone interview. It covered a lot of different topics (Java, Spring, Maven, hibernate etc) and focused on basics (IOC, Archetypes in maven etc).
    The onsite interview was set up within a week. there were 4 rounds which included design and coding questions as well as DB design.there were behavioral question too such as lessons learned, previous success /failures etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pleasant

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied thru recruiter..overall process took less than a week.
    Had phone screening and then followed by in-person interview.
    when I walked in, the whole office space looks like a market, people walking around and no way you feel like you are in a profession work space. People chatting around. People I met are ok, very dis organized and lack of enthusiasm about their own work. My first impression was should I continue or just cut the process short so I will have my 2 hours back. Stay away from interviewing if you don't want to wast any time.

Feb 13, 2014 – Social Media Strategist

First and foremost, we appreciate your candid feedback and apologize for the experience you had. We strive to make every interview experience excellent, and we're always looking for ways to improve... More

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GetInsured (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview initially with a recruiter-easy, as she was tasked with supplying warm bodies with multiple licenses.Spoke to 2 shift managers; spoke to 2 others in 2nd interview; submitted paperwork, drug tested and then to training.

Interview Questions

• What was your background in this role?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GetInsured (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from the HR within a week. The HR was very friendly and explained me their hiring process. It was then followed by a phone screening interview after which they invited me onsite to interview with 4 product managers. The entire process was smooth and stretched about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure hourly throughput of golden gate bridge?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GetInsured in October 2013.

Interview

After a phone screen, I came into the office for 4 in-person interviews. I was impressed by how packed the office was -- it was clear that they were quickly outgrowing their space.
    I was extremely disappointed with my experience because GetInsured gave me a verbal offer, then after a few days refused to put the offer in writing and withdrew it altogether.

Interview Questions

• You're given an array of positive and negative integers that's over 1M digits long and your goal is to find the group of continuous integers in the array with the largest sum.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Get the offer in writing.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GetInsured (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Once I walked in to their office. I felt like I walk into a flea market where no one does any maintenance for months. During the interview, I got interrupted at least 3 times because the room is shared by 3 people.

Interview Questions

• Besides normal QA questions, they will asked some system admin questions as well.   Answer Question

Feb 13, 2014 – Social Media Strategist

GetInsured has grown rapidly over the past year, and there's no doubt our office space has become crowded and needs an upgrade -- which is why we're moving to brand new, spacious headquarters in... More