GetInsured Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Chini Krishnan

Pros
  • The management team is very supportive (in 3 reviews)

• Part of the engineering team is really smart and does great things (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • All of this is due to upper management relying completely on the word of three of the most unethical figures I've ever worked with in my career (in 6 reviews)

• Two rounds of layoffs have already happened, and people working there are in constant fear, that another one may happen soon (in 3 reviews)

"Excellent benefits, but....."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at GetInsured full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The offer excellent benefits and training

Cons

The ship is sinking

Feb 17, 2017 – Director, Communications

We’re happy to hear that you appreciated our benefits package. Our HR team works hard to provide a host of benefits to employees that go beyond medical coverage. As far as “the ship is sinking ... More

2. "Company treats employees like they are disposable"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at GetInsured full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits were good - they give you lunch a couple times a week

Cons

Constant firing people - never knew if you would have a job. Hired 65 people telling them it was a permanent job and then couple months in started letting people go - got to under 20. Leads are from Medicare people looking for free dental plans and you have to try and switch them to a Medicare advantage - bait and switch - leads seem to come from very poor uneducated areas Management talks a good game - but they work you to death and then kick you out the door! A lot of really good hardworking people got let go and people who work the system stayed.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect - don't ' overhire agents - work them to death and then fire them!

3. "Excuses Abound"

Current Employee - Business Development in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at GetInsured full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is decent and I have very little supervision.

Cons

I think the message is in the numbers. Less than 50% of employees approve of the CEO, less than 25% would recommend working here to a friend. It's actually hard to find numbers that low on linkedin. I'd suggest to all candidate to simply inquire about the rate of turnover, but don't expect an honest answer. This is a company headed by a CEO who has no problem encouraging lying to get what he wants.

Advice to Management

You can pay people to respond to negative posts with vapid apologies, or you could use that money to make GetInsured a better place to work. It starts with giving a damn about the people...humans.

Apr 7, 2017 – Director, Communications

Let’s start at the beginning. We’re glad to hear that you feel you’re being well-compensated. That’s a big positive unto itself. For the most part, managers at GetInsured do not believe in ... More

"Data Analyst"

Former Employee - Data & Implementation Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Data & Implementation Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at GetInsured (More than 3 years)

Pros

start up culture, listen to your opinions

Cons

closed phoenix branch, had to relocate

6. "Director of Engineering"

Current Employee - Director of Engineering in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Engineering in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at GetInsured (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good learning opportunity, very knowledgeable team members. Overall good experience.

Cons

Some time it gets little hectic, this is part of startup life.

Nov 8, 2016 – Director, Communications

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. It's great to hear that you're having a positive experience at GetInsured and that it provides a good learning opportunity. That's something ... More

7. "Great people, very agile and truly miss the environment"

I worked at GetInsured full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone will listen to your ideas - good or bad. The company value innovation and adopting new technologies fast and they are all technically fearless.
    There is a good atmosphere of friendship among the co-workers, it has been more than a year since I left and I truly miss this environment.

Cons

The environment can be stressful on many occasions, this is typical and healthy for startups, but is not for everyone. You need to be a person who can find a work-life harmony if you want to work there, this means embed your career and personal life.

Advice to Management

Thanks for having me, keep on innovating.

Oct 17, 2016 – Director, Communications

Thank you for your feedback. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your time at GetInsured.

8. "Good place to learn new technologies"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at GetInsured full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will get lot of learning scope and get chance to explore new technologies.Nice work place.Like the adjustable desks. That's all !!!

Cons

You should wear multiple hats and work for long hours. Better to hire more people instead of doing this.thats all !!

Advice to Management

Nothing..I think they r already planning better!!

Sep 19, 2016 – Director, Communications

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're glad to hear GetInsured was a good learning experience for you—and that you appreciated the desks!

"A Healthy Recovery"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at GetInsured (More than a year)

Pros

The culture in the headquarters is very giving--people actively work to help the people around them succeed. Senior management is mature and humanistic. The company has made great strides in improving automation. After a rough patch last year (caused by market instability) they have reestablished their direction, and they're on sound financial footing. The staff is smaller, and the average quality of the staff is much higher. The company is very generous in sharing information, there is no secrecy--the CEO shares the board meeting presentation with the whole company. The work you do helps to better people's lives.

Cons

They are in a complicated business (Health Insurance Technology), and it takes much learning to be able to strategically contribute to the company's direction. The industry is regulated, and compliance, audits, and other non-productive work must be done to satisfy the regulators. The market is dependent on the next president. Because they are working in a space with such sensitive data, access to data is limited.

Advice to Management

Continue to refine the vision. Improve your analytics.

Aug 9, 2016 – Director, Communications

Thank you for your feedback. We certainly are in a complex market, aren't we? But it's an exciting challenge with the great reward of helping millions of Americans enroll in health insurance, which ... More

10. "Current Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at GetInsured (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company, Great people.
    Good learning process.

Cons

None that I can think of.

"Worst Work Life Balance Ever"

I worked at GetInsured full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They provide catered lunches on Tuesday and Friday. There are birthday celebrations which occur once every month.

Cons

Two rounds of layoffs have already happened, and people working there are in constant fear, that another one may happen soon. Many capable engineers have worked continuous nights without proper recognition and rest. Many projects are planned for release without proper time to test and verify all the defects. The upper management always has the attitude that “We will fix the issue, once it happens in production”.

Constructive criticisms are always good for every employee, but over here, the management criticize the employees openly in front of others. They don't have a proper HR Team, and the management gets away by shouting and scolding the employees in front of everyone else. The management team only require those employees who work “Heads down”. They only look for employees who listens to them without asking back any questions. It’s either their way of solving a problem, or no way.

Working in H1 VISA in this company is one of the worst nightmares one can think of, as they know how to properly utilize and channel the fears of H1 employees to their advantage. They know that H1 employees can be shouted at and more work can be given to them, as the H1 VISA is tied to their job. All H1 employees are in fear, that if they say ‘no’ to something, then the next day they could be fired, and they need to look for a new job ASAP.

Join this company only if you do not want to have a proper work-life balance, and if you want to be scolded at, in front of others, if you didn’t respond to an email he might have sent you on Sunday 11:00 pm night. All emails sent from management team need a prompt and quick reply or else you may be made fun of, the next morning at work.

Advice to Management

Think about the welfare of your employees. They are the reason why you have reached many greats.

Jun 27, 2016 – Director, Communications

We’re sorry you had a negative experience working with us at GetInsured. Just to clarify, the company didn’t have two rounds of layoffs in 2016, though that may have been the impression. We reduced ... More