Giant Steps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Giant Steps

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Steps (Naperville, IL) in August 2018.

Interview

great, and very detailed. panel style interview, but was very comfortable. Nice people and nice process. Everything started on time and they were prepared and ready for the interview. They had my resume and questions were prepared ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• good questions. Very enjoyable interview experience. Made me feel very good about the potential job.   1 Answer

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Steps in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online in November, around the 20th. On the 8th of December I received a call asking me to come in for an interview. I went in a couple days later, and it went well, and was fairly simple. I waited about a week and a half, and got the email (actually today) that I was going to be offered a position. I have to wait until the school year starts back up, but that gives me time to get my drug test and background check/finger printing done.

Interview Questions

• The first thing they did was hand me a box with random items in it, and asked me to pick one that represented my personality and why. Other than that, the questions were pretty state forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Giant Steps (Lisle, IL).

Interview

The interview went very well. Staff were friendly and well informed about different aspects of the school. It is a public school. I asked about hiring and they said they hire cohorys of workers every two weeks. There is s high turnover rate. I don't know why. I was assured of opportunity for advancement.

Interview Questions

The offered pay was well below my needs and current position.

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Giant Steps (Lisle, IL).

Interview

Eagerly hired due to staff burnout and turnover. THEY MAKE YOU PAY FOR YOUR OWN DOCTOR EXAM AND DRUG TEST! THE NERVE!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with kids with Autism?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None allowed- non negotiable.

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Steps in January 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview processes were very easygoing and simple for my experience. I completed and submitted my application on a Monday and was contacted for an interview that following Wednesday. I chose to come in for my interview on the following Tuesday and was offered the position either the day or two days after with an acceptance or rejection deadline on that Friday. I accepted and began working/training/observing my classroom on the following Wednesday. So in a matter of about 16 days I applied for, interviewed for, and accepted one of the best positions I have ever taken.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember any difficult or unexpected questions. The interview was very laid back and casual--more like a conversation, which helped me with my decision of accepting employment. As part of the interview I was taken on a tour around the building and was introduced to some of the kids.   Answer Question
    • Again, not a question. One comment made was that Giant Steps was working on changing staff morale and lessening the turnover rate. This may be something you, as an interviewee, may want to inquire about.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pre-employment time off should be calculated early on so that it can be entered by a coordinator just in case any of those days become black-out days (days not able to be requested off).

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Steps (Lisle, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

The process as pretty simple. The school called me and called me for an interview with the director of the elementary side of the school. The interview itself included a tour of the school and a few brief questions about my background. It was pretty simple and straightforward. The school itself is very interesting in that they have a huge amount of support around them

Interview Questions

• what was your previous experience   1 Answer
    • how would you describe your three most prominent characteristics   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Steps (Lisle, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I believed that they Giant steps called me in 3 days. It was on December 9 and they told me on December 12 that I got the job. Had to start on January 9 and get a background check, drug screen, and physical done all before that.

Interview Questions

• What will you contribute if hired?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Giant Steps.

Interview

I submitted an Application and I was called within that same week to schedule an interview. We had the interview the next week. At initial interview there was a questionnaire. Mainly why I chose that job, have I ever been fired, salary requirements was brought up. After that initial interview I got a call back in a couple days to interview with someone else. And after the requirements of the job were outlined: CPR, first aid, physical and tb test requirements I was given the green light to go get my background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing was negotiated. Just a promise of possible raise depending on evaluations. Benefits promised after 6 months employment.