Gibson Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

3.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gibson Consulting

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gibson Consulting in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first, Personality test, Excel test, and final 5 person panel interview.

Five panel interview consisted of two senior partners and 3 consultants at the firm.

Interview a little over an hour

Interview Questions

• Basic situational interview questions, role play describing a issue with a customer, in depth description of previous achievements at past Roles, financial mathematics case   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gibson Consulting (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

For the first round of interviews, they set up a phone interview between myself and the hiring manager. He was very helpful and informative giving me good information about the company culture and recent changes, and asked interesting questions about my past and general interest in the company. It was a pleasant experience overall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gibson Consulting (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn, two phone interviews with senior consultants, then in-person interview with a group. It was pretty straight forward, with an e-mail exchange going back and forth and also had an excel proficiency test to do. Not bad at all, though it did take some time.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gibson Consulting.

Interview

From start to finish interviewing with Gibson Consulting was a very quick process. I started with a phone interview that was a screening call followed by an in person meeting and interview.

The phone interview was as expected for any consulting firm. Questions were based around personality, travel, degree, extra-curricular activities, etc.

The in person interview consisted of a written case study followed by a meeting with a senior level consultants and/or management.

Interview Questions

• I would say the interview process was in line with any of the top management consulting firms in Chicago. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not very much room for negotiation, however the offer for a college grad was better than any of my other offers.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gibson Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

not so great looking back

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gibson Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview process begins with a phone interview which assess if the candidate is eligable for a follow up face to face interview. During the face to face interview, the person is asked a couple of case questions to test their competency as well as general questions regarding their goals. The final interview consists of meeting with the partner team to get final approval before being hired.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gibson Consulting (Chicago, IL) in January 2008.

Interview

The interview process began with a pre-liminary behavioral interview and a small case study with one Manger/Sr. Manager. The second interview was held with a Partner and Manager/Sr.Manager, which consistent of several behavioral type questions and a more detailed case study. The last interview was a social gathering.

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation allowed. Everyone was given expiring offers with the same base salary and compensation.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Gibson Consulting in May 2017.

Interview

Interviews kept getting delayed. The company kept canceling the interviews. One time I wasn't even told the interview was being canceled. I never received the call and later I got an apology email asking to reschedule.

Eventually I was able to get a call scheduled.

Then it's a fit personality test and excel test.

After it's a case study in person interview.

I got a offer before and pulled out because they took over a month to finally talk to me after many cancelations.