Gift Of Life Donor Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gift Of Life Donor Program Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2017

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gift Of Life Donor Program.

Interview

Came in for two interviews. Second was with the guy directly above us. Pretty informal, but I was still nervous. They make the job seem like less stress than it is, but do make sure to emphasize the important things.

Interview Questions

• Do you have thick skin? (AKA can you handle a lot of stress/possible upset families)   Answer Question

Community Relations Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gift Of Life Donor Program (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview process took a little over two months. It began with a phone screen following a face to face interview. The final interview involved a powerpoint presentation.

I didn't receive an offer but the process prepared me for interviews following.

Interview Questions

• If my friends were in the interview room, what are some words they would use to describe me?   Answer Question

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gift Of Life Donor Program.

Interview

Had a phone interview and didn't feel as if they valued candidates' time or experience. They called to "ask a few questions" but it was a pretty detailed full-blown interview, which seemed inconsiderate seeing as they didn't schedule the call or ask if it was a good time to spend ~30 minutes on the phone (in the middle of the work day). The HR Rep also made condescending comments about "lack of experience" which seemed odd since they had called for an interview anyway. They also try to get you to commit to the "bottom dollar" (their quote) before bringing you in for another interview, without giving you a chance to decide whether or not it's a position you want or considering other non-monetary benefits - I understand it's a nonprofit, but being rude to your interviewees isn't going to encourage them to sell themselves to the lowest bidder either.

I wasn't interested in continuing to interview further after picking up on a couple of workplace culture norms based on my experience above, so didn't have a chance to talk to specific hiring manager -- so maybe this was a HR Rep issue and not a day-to-day environment issue? They were pretty upfront with the additional work and hours required for the position, which I appreciated. All in all I was interested in working with them but not after speaking with their HR Rep.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gift Of Life Donor Program.

Interview

Initial communication with HR dept, who is not well-versed in the actual job duties and responsibilities. Second contact is with departmental management who accurately describes duties and responsibilities as well a the hours required (many and long....basically 24/7 availability)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult or unpopular decision you had to make   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation....either I wanted the job or not

Clinical Division Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gift Of Life Donor Program.

Interview

Overall, the hiring process is long but I think that's due to them wanting to fill the didactic training classes which are only held a few times a year.

Interview Questions

• What is my reaction when I can't complete a project or encounter roadblocks in that project?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

Interview

I interviewed via phone, then in-person. The process itself was standard, and everyone I met was courteous and pleasant. After my interview, which I took a day off of work for, I was told there would be follow up after the Labor Day holiday regarding the final interview. It is now almost 2 months since my in-person interview, and I have received no contact. I emailed both managers to follow up and was ignored. That an HR department treats candidates with such little respect says a lot about a company. I am happy to say I ended up with a higher level, higher paying position somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• It has been so long, I do not remember. Questions were standard, plus resume review.   Answer Question

Transplant Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gift Of Life Donor Program (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

Process takes a very long time. You will get a call for a phone screen and then maybe a week later you'll get scheduled for an in person interview. The interview is with HR and the department. The interview with human resources is awkward. They ask a lot of weird questions some of which I felt were very inappropriate (for example he asked what my husband did for a leaving, if I owned my house and if I had any children). The interview with the department was much better, they ask a lot of specific questions regarding anatomy and specifics surrounding your experience.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected were the probing personal questions asked by human resources. It made me feel very uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really is no negotiation. They tell you what the salary is and thats what they'll pay. I did think the process was strange - before offering the position they ran a background and credit check and talked to everyone I've ever worked for before I even got an offer and it took weeks.