Gilead Sciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gilead Sciences Interview Questions

Interviews at Gilead Sciences

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (Oceanside, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

Talent Acquisition and team leader were both polite and friendly during phone interviews. Gilead really wants the interviewee to feel welcomed and work for them. Questions applies strictly to industry and makes you think about how to answer correctly and shortly

Interview Questions

• Describe the platform for a monoclonal antibody   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

Phone screen, 1:1 w/ hiring manager, then 3 hour zoom interview with many different people on the team (would have been on-campus if not for COVID). Mostly general questions about experiences, education, interest in the company/position and a few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Human Resources Shared Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (South San Francisco, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

This was the weirdest and one of the worst interview processes I've ever been through. I didn't talk to the recruiter till the end of the process since I was a referral. Each time I was scheduled for an interview, I was never asked about my availability and was told when my interview would be. After my initial phone interview and my virtual onsite, I was ghosted by the recruiter. Also, when I asked the HM who this position would report to, she didn't know.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked on a queue before?   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences.

Interview

Got a phone call 2 weeks after applying online. Talked to Hiring manager first, then got an on-site. Then I heard from HR a week after that things have been great and will hear soon again. 2 weeks passed and no news, I followed up and realized the department had structural changes and they closed the position

Interview Questions

• All 11 interviewers during the on-site interview asked: Why are you leaving academia?   Answer Question

Global Commercial Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences.

Interview

1) Initial Phone screening and interviews with HR
    2) video conference call with hiring managers
    3) video conference calls and on site face to face interviews with hiring managers, panel, peers, group discussions
    4) online assessments

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences.

Interview

Very relaxed. There was an initial phone screening then a video chat with multiple members of the department. The interview was set up by Kelly Services and they followed up throughout the process. Overall it was an average interview, no technical questions were asked.

(Graduate Level) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences.

Interview

I first interviewed with an HR representative who asked some basic personality and eligibility screening questions. He seemed to appreciate answers that were patient oriented and reflected that I wanted to work for the company because I wanted to make a positive impact in healthcare. I then had a second interview with hiring manager who ended up being the person I directly reported to. This interview was more of a review of my qualifications and was more conversational to gauge whether I would be a good fit within the team and could perform the tasks needed in more of an independent way.

Team Lead Interview

Interview

You get a phone call from either a recruiter or from HR. They set up an appointment for a phone interview and then they tell you to follow up with them a week later. I applied twice, first time I kept following up with HR but they just kept saying they will get back to you. Two months pass by and all of a sudden HR is working for another company. I then apply a second time and a recruiter called me. They told me after the phone interview that I would get a response within a week. I never git a response so I followed up and the recruiter was very helpful and helped me get in touch with the site that was hiring. Person that was supposed to contact me never did so I followed up with the recruiter. Finally the contact from the hiring site contacts me and told me to wait to hear from them on a certain week. They never responded so I contacted them and got nothing back. This company pretty much will leave you hanging. No rejection letter or any courtesy. At least Kite Pharma responded with a rejection email. I heard this company was good but I’m done trying.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (Seattle, WA) in January 2020.

Interview

Was told to give a brief presentation (15-20mins). Met with about 8 different interviewers with various functional backgrounds for about 30mins to an hour. They would be individuals that have interactions with the role. They were very welcoming and open to speaking about the role. I didn't get an offer but the interview experience was very educational and interesting in a good way.

Manufacturing Technician III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Verne, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (La Verne, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

Applied online on Indeed.com and was contacted about two days later through email to schedule an on-site interview. Scheduled the interview for two days later at the Gilead Sciences in La Verne, CA.

To my surprise (as there was absolutely no notice online on the job post), the positions listed are not actually with Gilead Sciences but rather with a Sodexo (never heard of them before). Despite the fact, decided to go through with the interview to get more info. I was scheduled to interview with 6 people (panel interview) which would be a mix of Sodexo and Gilead employees.

Arrived on site at 11:59pm for an interview that was scheduled at 12:30. It was about 12:50 before anyone came out and only one woman showed up out of the 6 and no room was even booked for the interview.

Had no choice but to only interview with this person from Sodexo who seemed far from interested and disorganized. I didn’t feel comfortable as I felt it was extremely unprofessional how sloppy and flaky their first impression was to me.

Although I applied for a III position, she went on to saying that I would be considered for anything even entry level and that there would be no benefits as Gilead employees get since Sodexo employees work like dogs.

Point here is... the interview process is a joke! And if you’re like me and are interested in growing your career with a reputable company such as Gilead Sciences, I’m here to tell you that you’ll get stuck with a temp agency like Sodexo (although they claim they’re not an agency).

Conclusion, I was contacted through email the following business-day to tell me thanks but no thanks and that they went with another candidate... specifically stating “although WE were impressed with you blah blah blah..” “WE” being one person that interviewed me.

I have over 12 years of professional experience and education and legitimately care about my team/career etc but it seems that every company these days ends up hiring friends or family and no longer seek qualified candidates .