Gilead Sciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gilead Sciences Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

3.1

Parenteral Quality Interview

Interview

By far the worst group in Commercial QA ; they ask condescending easy questions and literally lack the ability to communicate effectively themselves . They use talent and abuse them in particular contract employees. Do not apply and work for this group because it is a waste of time and does not translate for other future jobs

Interview Questions

• None talked
      Badly about previously employees; this was the Vietnamese lady who kept calling other employees names
      Answer Question

Commercial Quality Interview

Interview

If you are related to and or know one of the senior managers they will hire you and or keep you despite performance. It contains the most unprofessional and psychotic staff ever ; nobody can last with this team solely due to the personalities . It takes someone with zero human reaction to survive with these people. There is zero regard for work completed and or a chance to grow . Avoid commercial quality it's the worst group at Gilead.

Interview Questions

• No good and or technical questions . They gossip about staff and former staff .   Answer Question

The team was bizarre and completely rude.

Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA).

Interview

One hour long talk at the beginning describing previous research, followed by one-on-one interviews throughout the day. Most people were nice, and most questions seemed oriented toward personality fit rather than about technical expertise. As it is at much of big pharma, many of the interviewers attended the best graduate institutions, and therefore had this air of superiority if you were not someone attending one of those institutions. One interviewer in particular was very pretentious and hard for this very reason. I think this is something that is problematic for the industry, because it is leading to a market of individuals with a homogenous mindset, something I feel explains a lot of the troubles with the pharma industry over the past decade. One thing that was somewhat offensive was that I never received a call/e-mail declining me for the position; they just never called me back, which I find to be very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation of conflict in lab and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Prep Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter who referred me to another recruiter. Had a short phone conversation with the second recruiter who referred me to the third recruiter. Third recruiter set up a meeting with an area manager who was helping out with the process but was not the hiring manager (was screening in person)

Interview Questions

• I am going to be forwarding names to the hiring manager. Tell me about yourself and why you are interested in this position   1 Answer

Director Interview

Interview

I received the job description through an executive search firm. It took a while before a response came in that the HR rep is interested in setting up a phone screen. Then it took another 2 weeks before another phone screen is set with the hiring manager. Then another week to set up the face to face interview with 2 groups. Within a week I was asked for my references. Got the verbal offer within another week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

According to the recruiter the base salary offer is non-negotiable however, they were able to offer a sign on bonus. Overall good package.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA).

Interview

The company was rapidly expanding and had a lot of candidates on site in a few short months, so there was a little bit of confusion among employees regarding the actual position I was interviewing for, etc. I met with managers and senior managers from different groups, presumably to see which group I'd fit in with more. I'll chalk that up to some growing pains.

I first spoke with an HR recruiter on the phone about the generic positions available. Then I had a phone interview with a scientist a few weeks later. He asked some hard-hitting questions but knew he was asking hard questions - I think he was just trying to gauge how I respond under pressure. Then my on-site was about a week later. There were 10-12 one-on-one interviews, as well as a presentation, and lunch with the hiring manager. There was a mix of technical science questions based on my background to behavioral "what would you do in this situation" type questions.

It sounded like I had the job by the time I left that day and I got my offer about a week or so later. I followed up with more specific questions once the position was defined to help me ultimately accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• In your research, why did you choose this one mass spec technique over the other?   1 Answer

Marketing Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. Very disorganized and inexperienced interviewer. Interviewer seemed very insecure and nervous.Could not understand what the interviewer was wanting to learn about me. He wanted phama experience, this seemed more important than marketing or sourcing experience. He had only been on staff for two weeks. Did not understand San Francisco culture very well.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in Pharma? (asked over and over, seems to be singular criteria for this position)   Answer Question

Digital Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

A very casual set up with the hiring officer. I was offered a beverage amongst other items by the interviewing agent to make my experience more comfortable. It was an enjoyable experience and very casual. I was not stressed or worried once I met the lady interviewing me and started small talk that led into the real interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in relation to this field and how you would perform if you were picked for this position.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself, what you like to do in your spare time.   1 Answer

EDC Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Let's start with the recruiter. The guy is a hustler and very pushy. He wants to sell you the job even before the interview. Very unprofessional and over the top pushy. Gilead is well know for low balling salaries. They want people to work beyond normality but don't want to pay for the talent

Highly unprofessional recruiter who are more like ticket hustlers than actually professional

Interview Questions

• Recruiter was adamant to find out if Iam 100% going to accept the job or else he didn't want to proceed. Recruiter lacked any professionalism but was more like a street vendor selling at a fish market in Asia   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

There was an email asking for the phone number and so that they can contact me but no call came. However after a couple of days later, I get an email from the company (calling me Mystery Applicant) asking for the feedback. They kept sending this feedback email at least 4-5 times. I found it very odd that they will ask for a feedback on an interview that never happened

Interview Questions

• What is the best time to call you over the phone for the first round of interview   Answer Question