Gilly Hicks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gilly Hicks Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.1

Floor Model Interview

Interview

I was approached at the mall and asked if I was interested in the position. I was given a slip of paper with information and was told to apply online and enter the employee's name as referral

Interview Questions

• What does diversity mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gilly Hicks (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

I was recruited at my University campus prior to going to the interview. Before going to the interview you go online and choose a time slot which fits your schedule. The interview was conducted as a group. There were two managers who conducted the interview together. The asked a few pretty basic questions and everyone took turns answering the questions. I wasn't a fan of the group interview since it just seemed like everyone repeated what the previous person said. If you want to stand out, you should try to come up with a more unique response.

Model/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gilly Hicks.

Interview

group interview at the food court. they have a paper to read off from and jot down your answers. You have a higher chance of scoring the interview if you fit the model's image and smile alot. Overall, I had a good experience chatting with the managers and the interviewees.

Model/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gilly Hicks.

Interview

The interview was a group interview, where they ask you questions like "what does diversity mean to you?" Overall, the interview is easy and the questions are more about your personality. They don't particularly care if you have experience, but more of if you are a "good fit" and can represent the Gilly style. Basically be happy, smily, super friendly, and cute.

Model/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gilly Hicks.

Interview

very brief, typical questions about working in retail, had an outside interview and was contacted by phone to know if accepted or not. many girls in one group placed with you and the interview goes quickly.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gilly Hicks (Miami, FL).

Interview

Sometimes you will be recruited by a manager or another sales associate within the store and will ask you to complete an online application or you can go into the store and fill out an application on a computer; it takes about 15 minutes to fill out the application but make sure you have your desired hours to work already planned out to make the process easier & faster. After that they tell you to come in on either a Tuesday or Friday for the interview.
    Interviews are in group form and they ask you to describe their store/company style, what diversity means to you, and to describe yourself; they'll also chat with you about yourself to get a better feeling of who you are as a person. It's good to dress nicely, not too casual, but you don't need to wear a suit either. Appearance-wise, make sure you show off your best physical features and try not to wear too much crazy makeup or seem to outrageous--Keep everything natural-looking basically. Women are hired as models (sales associate) or impactors but males can only work as impactors.

Model/Sales Associate Interview

Interview

group setting with common questions

MIT Gilly Hicks Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gilly Hicks (West Hartford, CT).

Interview

I called the store to inquire and they gave me a date to visit them and be interviewed with the Store Manager. She told me more details about the MIT Program and she asked questions about me. Afterwards, I went back for another interview, this time with the District Manager. Her interview questions ranged from career objective to situation questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gilly Hicks (Glendale, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

The review process is very abbreviated for the position applied. They mostly wanted to know i can be committed to the tasks requested and be reliable for the days selected for work. Training would be provided for whatever skill they needed of me

Interview Questions

• How long have you been with your current or past employer(s)   Answer Question

Impact Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gilly Hicks (Tukwila, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

I walked into the store and asked how to apply, so I got the code and signed up online for Tuesday. I wore all GH stuff to my interview, so a white top and blue cardigan and flip flops, but since they only sell sweats I decided to wear Hollister jeans, cuffed. Make sure to arrive early so you make a good impression. In my interview there were 3 people including me, 2 people applying for the Model position and then me for Impact. I had worked for Hollister for a year beforehand, so I knew all of the questions for the Model position, but the Impact ones were different. Know a good time when you worked as a team with other people, and one time when you were pressed for time on a task but still had to do a good job. Then of course, know why diversity is important in the workplace. Be bubbly and smile a lot, and be confident in your answers.

At the end of my interview the manager said she'd call us in a week when we got the job. They called me that Saturday and said orientation was on Sunday at 9. It was a little stressful to wait that long, especially with prior experience, but I guess getting the job in the end was all that matters. You get one free outfit when you go to orientation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work under time constraints but still do a good job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, it's just a small summer job.