Glatfelter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Glatfelter

2.9

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chillicothe, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glatfelter (Chillicothe, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

it's a on-site interviews, two persons from the hiring department did the interview. Most of question related to my resume and the job description. Just prepare on this part.

Interview Questions

• What kind of graphs did you uses? give some details about your database experience?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chillicothe, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Glatfelter (Chillicothe, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly. First had a phone interview with Divisional Controller. Second interview were two face to face interviews with two sets of people each. Third interview met with the the VP of Finance and VP of Operations. The final interview was a psychological test/interview. All questions were very straightforward and everyone was very nice. The whole process took only 10 days.

Interview Questions

Glatfelter seems like a great place to work and has great benefits, however, I received another offer that I accepted.

Division Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glatfelter (Columbus, OH) in December 2013.

Interview

recruiter contacted me for the position in central ohio. a phone screen was set up w/ a member of the HR team. Phone interview went well. She was very informative and it was not a 'check the box' type interview. she asked good questions. I went on to the next round, but the location and industry was not the ideal fit for me so I passed so as to not waste any more of either of our time.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall anything out of the ordinary. Very straight forward. no curve balls on their end.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Glatfelter.

Interview

I flew into the local airport then drove to the hotel where I met my intended boss and his assistant.

The next day I went to the job site and interviewed with 5 area managers. Overall the interview lasted about 5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Glatfelter   1 Answer

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chillicothe, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Glatfelter (Chillicothe, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

4 interviews lasting about 4-6 hours a piece, very difficult and hot in the interview area. Not sure if this was done on purpose but it was uncomfortable. I would say that they overshoot the interview process and the plant tour took about 2 hours.

Negotiation

yes, a little room on the salary but no room for vacation requests.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Glatfelter.

Interview

Talked to the company at a college career fair. Obtained an interview for the next day. Associate asked typical interview questions such as "name a time where you encountered a problem and what did you do to solve it". Fairly simple. Told that the next interview if offered would be at the plant.

Category Manager for Direct Materials Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring Grove, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Glatfelter (Spring Grove, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview was coordinated through a recruiting firm. I had a phone screen and then a second set of interviews (all on the same day). I also had to take a psychological evaluation from a company consultant. I interviewed with about 6 people over the course of a day. The decision to make an offer to longer than originally anticipated due to some organizational changes that were taking place at the time.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience and about specific accomplishments I had at my previous employer.   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Interview

Phone interview first. I clearly stated my request to work remotely once onsite orientation is completed, which they agreed upon.
     Then they flew me in for onsite interview: factory tour, talk with hiring manager and developer and met with team members. They were serious about hiring me, but when I reiterated remote work request, manager, to my surprise, stated he wants me to be onsite.
    Factory is ancient, and IT department is matching. They show VHS security tapes at the reception ! Computer room is a couple of literally rusty computers ( I think manager mentioned flooding ).

I was later told they rehired person who was on this position earlier. Looks like I perhaps played a role of rabbit at dog races.

Interview Questions

• Nothing of difficulty - they were desperate to get anybody for an interview, probably because location, job and site are very unappealing for IT people ( Chillicothe, OH, and old factory and jack of all trades job ).   Answer Question