Global Relay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Global Relay Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.9

Engineer Interview

Interview

Progressed normally at first: screening, panel interview, take-home technical questions, director-level interview scheduled... I had shared my salary expectations and current salary earlier, but they waited until now to tell me they wouldn't even try to match my current salary... Waste of time! Low salaries even for Vancouver.

Partner Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Global Relay in December 2014.

Interview

Process started off with a phone call expressing their interest and requesting a phone interview. Phone interview went well and I soon got an in-person interview. First hour of the in-person interview was with two team members. Second hour was with two operations and hr executives. After all that was done, I received a request to have another phone call but to first send in my references. Soon after, I received a phone call offering me the job. Overall I talked to around 7-8 people and they were all friendly and pleasant. The office was also very nice and in a great location.

Interview Questions

• They provided a technical/brain-teaser assignment which was fairly simple.   Answer Question

I was offered the job but declined due to the specific position being more basic than I thought and the salary. Other reviews and things I had read about the company also played a part.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Global Relay (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

There was one phone interview, then you're given 48 hours to complete an assignment. Then there's an in person technical interview that involved a panel of team leads and developers from the company to discuss the solution to your assignment. There's some whiteboarding and other questions about your knowledge of the technologies that they use. Sometime later, there's also a HR interview to determine cultural fit.

Technical Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Global Relay (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

The first one was phone interview. They asked general behavioral questions. Describe a conflict situation etc. After this, they xonduct a technical interview, and in the last they conduct an interview with their higher management.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Global Relay (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

HR interview -> technical interview-> HR / Manager interview -> offer
    but I failed after technical interview, I was told that I had too much experience and they suppose that I won't stay long for this position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the most qualified person for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Global Relay (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

1) Phone call from HR which was mainly to set up a technical phone interview
    2) 45 min technical phone interview about Java questions. Expect to know details.
    3) 24 hour Technical assignment which had unclear specifications and expectations. Depending on your background, it could be challenging.
    4) In-person technical interview if pass the above stages.

Interview Questions

• Same as mentioned in other reviews - Java questions during phone call.   Answer Question

Intermediate Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Global Relay (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn on Company's website and I got a call after 1-2 days for telephonic interview.They were two technical persons. They did very brief description about company and shared their names.

Interview Questions

• They started with my introduction and roles in previous jobs. One of them asked basic and good questions from core java, spring, hibernate, database while at the end other one gave a problem for a find unique from a unordered list(I don't remember exact problem but it was related) and asked algorithm for that. and instructed not to use collections.   1 Answer

QA Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Global Relay.

Interview

The interview took about half an hour. The people were very nice and friendly.
    The questions were common and average difficult. HR may ask about culture behavior questions at the end. An overall good interview experience. It was very quick to receive the offer.

Interview Questions

• Previous project working experience.
      What do you know about the company?
      Why are you interested in the job?
      What would you do when there is a conflict in the team?
      Test scenario question.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Global Relay (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I received a call to set up a phone interview, which went ahead as planned. The interview was pretty standard with questions about myself, my experience, and some fundamental knowledge questions. The questions, while not very complicated, were quite technical, and it may be a good idea to brush up on your Java fundamentals. The interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Same things as mentioned in other reviews - basic Java questions.   Answer Question

Junior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Global Relay in September 2016.

Interview

Initial screening call first, followed by a technical phone panel interview consisting of various Java questions of varying difficulty (a couple completely pointless/pedantic). The phone interview is followed by a technical assignment which seemed poorly detailed with unclear specifications and expectations. If successful the technical assignment is followed by an in-person technical interview and then a final interview with management/HR.

Interview Questions

• Asked to describe and provide solutions to both race conditions and deadlock in theoretical terms because I hadn't worked with multi-threading in Java.   Answer Question