Global Relay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Global Relay Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2017

2.8

Engineer Interview

Interview

Progressed normally at first: screening, panel interview, take-home technical questions, director-level interview scheduled... I had shared my salary expectations and current salary earlier, but they waited until now to tell me they wouldn't even try to match my current salary... Waste of time! Low salaries even for Vancouver.

Partner Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Global Relay in December 2014.

Interview

Process started off with a phone call expressing their interest and requesting a phone interview. Phone interview went well and I soon got an in-person interview. First hour of the in-person interview was with two team members. Second hour was with two operations and hr executives. After all that was done, I received a request to have another phone call but to first send in my references. Soon after, I received a phone call offering me the job. Overall I talked to around 7-8 people and they were all friendly and pleasant. The office was also very nice and in a great location.

Interview Questions

• They provided a technical/brain-teaser assignment which was fairly simple.   Answer Question

I was offered the job but declined due to the specific position being more basic than I thought and the salary. Other reviews and things I had read about the company also played a part.

Backend/DevOps Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Global Relay (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a phone call with a guy who was supposed to do a technical screening, at the beginning he asked if I applied for the "backend position" and I replied with "no, I applied for the DevOps one" and his answer was "Oh, it is all the same".
    He only did basic "do you have experience in X?" questions. It was like if he was only doing simple checks on a sheet. And no matter how deep I went with one subject his answer was only "ok". No deep questioning, no thought required.

When I asked if they have plans to move to a public cloud his answers were more from someone who doesn't understand the cloud and is simply repeating what a higher up said: "The cloud is not secure", "We could not afford to lose any data" and "at the end of the day we are better than them".

At the end it was one of the shortest interview I ever made. Less than 20 minutes!!

DevOps Engineer (Automation & Tools) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Global Relay (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

1 - applied online in may 2017
    2- soon after I received a call from hiring manager
    3- almost a month past , but in june , I was ask to make a technical assignment for them to review my technical skills. At that point I still didn't know much about the role, the team but looks like they are interested so let's make this technical test.

4-Finally after 3 more weeks, so 2 months after I applied , they accept to meet in person for the first time. At that point I had lost nearly all motivation as they let you do an assignment but you dont know anything about them , never met , how can you commit yourself to strangers.

Terrible experience in the interview:
    The panel interview was terrible, they didn't care about what I did in the technical assignment but they were specifically curious about how my current company does stuff..maybe they were after new idea or solution...and candidate are free compare to consultant .

Interview Questions

• Describe how your CI/CD is at your current company ?
      Lot of curiosity about my current role but not really about me   Answer Question

Front-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Global Relay (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Firstly i was contacted by the HR recruiter to schedule a call with Development manager.
    The call with the development manager was for 45 minutes where you will asked some behavioural questions about your project as well as basic technical questions about Javascript, Css3, REST, ES6, TDD,Code Review process.

The interview process includes:
    1) Phone screen interview with HR
    2) Phone interview with Development Manager
    3) Coding Test
    4) In person technical interview
    5) Cultural Fit and then you will get an offer if you clear all the hurdles. Good Luck:-)

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Global Relay (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

First had a call from HR, she arranges a phone interview for the next day. Then next day a phone interview with 2 technical managers for 45 minutes. They did not ask me to write the code just wanted me to explain how to go through it.

Interview Questions

• questions about related experiences were mentioned on the resume.   Answer Question
    • explain each part of this line of code:
      System.out.printIn(...)   Answer Question
    • compare List, set, map. ask about what is a hash table and where and why use it.   Answer Question
    • Find duplication in an ArrayList.
      differences between "final", "finally", "finalize" keywords.   Answer Question
    • details question about exceptions (), errors ... how to handle.
      Synchronized keyword and its application
      how to debug a particular code.   1 Answer

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Global Relay (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

There was one phone interview, then you're given 48 hours to complete an assignment. Then there's an in person technical interview that involved a panel of team leads and developers from the company to discuss the solution to your assignment. There's some whiteboarding and other questions about your knowledge of the technologies that they use. Sometime later, there's also a HR interview to determine cultural fit.

Training & Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Global Relay (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring process is thorough and takes its time. There is a phone interview, then an in-person interview, for the training team specifically there is a job shadow meeting to observe a live training call(not sure if other teams require this step), and then a cultural interview to see if you will fit into the company.
    The whole process took 3 weeks for me, but I was the first candidate interviewed, so the timeline may vary.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an agitated client on the phone?   1 Answer

Technical Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Global Relay (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

The first one was phone interview. They asked general behavioral questions. Describe a conflict situation etc. After this, they xonduct a technical interview, and in the last they conduct an interview with their higher management.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Global Relay (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

HR interview -> technical interview-> HR / Manager interview -> offer
    but I failed after technical interview, I was told that I had too much experience and they suppose that I won't stay long for this position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the most qualified person for this position?   Answer Question