Global Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Global Resources Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.1

Senior Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Global Resources in March 2017.

Interview

Email your resume, you will rec an email for a follow and initial phone screen in few days, followed by a Telephonic interview and if you are accepted you would be Offered to take a 1 week consulting course what they call "A mini-MBA" (on your own time not paid)

Company's Directors, Executives, Recruiter would first brag about themselves for the no of years they have been there and how much they like it to get you buy into their talk with the same old marketing tactics to create a well-esteemed environment so the applicant feels it's such a well versed and organized company taking care of its employees totally manipulated.

A Glimpse of what they offer:
    Compensation: Its 100% commissions only and what they call a W2.
    for the first 5 "Go Ahead" you will be paid $2820 for 200 hours you work which is equivalent to 5 weeks so your pay comes to $14/- an hour which is a salary of 28K a year. An intern working in school makes more than this.
    OK they mention after 5 "Go Ahead" with no mention of time after how many months etc you would make the following: $5142.50 for 200 hours worked (with multiple variation in commissionable %) which would make it too $25.71 per hour which would be a salary of a support tech making in the industry and they are hiring Senior Business Consultants for this position with 75-90% travel time required.

Another important aspect: Travel Expense Reimbursement:
    $525 paid per week in which you have to manage your Hotel, Food, Car Rental, Incidentals & or any other travel related charges.
    They pay 30 cents a mile for traveling in your own car which is 22 cents below IRS Mileage rate.

Benefits:
    Health Ins is offered where employee pays 75% and employer pays 25%
    They enlist Dental & Vision but there is no mention who is going to pay for that.
    They mention 401K but there is nothing enlisted how much they are going to contribute I assume nothing its the employee if they want to contribute.

Looks like they are trying to get everything out of their employees to make the company benefit the most.

Interview Questions

• Main reasons companies looking for consulting
      Your consulting experience if any
      Departments, projects you have handled etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Global Resources (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

1. Email your resume in
    2. Telephonic interview
    3. Offer to take a 1 week class crash course mini MBA (on your own time)
    4. Recruiter "talks" to an executive about your resume and determines if you're a good fit (manipulation tactic to establish credibility and create self-worth in the interviewee once they say yes, they almost always say yes)
    5. They put you in a class the following week. They don't use GOTOMEETING, but instead choose to use ADOBE connect which is more of a lecture hall discussion and everything must be typed by the participants). I had 30 individuals in my class. Most were sheep and just interested in making money.
    6.During the course of the training, you'll receive homework and told to review client testimonials (which condition you to believe in the business and the aggressive sales tactics, "end justifies the means". You'll also fill out your employee application
    7. During midweek, they'll tell you if they decided to hire you (if you complete the class, you'll be hired).
    8. The following Monday you'll start doing "Surveys". Have fun manipulating clients!

Interview Questions

• The biggest part of this job is Travel, are you ok with traveling up to 75% of the time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Global Resources (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I felt the interview was straight forward and to the point. I was told in the first few minutes the main things that are hard to overcome when starting as an SBA: Extensive Travel, Performance Based Income, Per Diem Structure and 6-8 weeks before reasonable commissions start to come in. I get it.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the impact of extensive travel could have on my home life.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We agreed to sleep on it and discuss it further the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Global Resources (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Answered ad, sent resume. Received email regarding interest based upon resume. Returned email confirming interest. Received call from HR and then hiring manager for phone interview. The interview was straightforward and succinct.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Still in it

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Global Resources in March 2016.

Interview

I was sent some disclosures in advance of the interview to get prepared. The materials were clear and helpful. The interviewer was polite and descriptive of the opportunity. He answered my questions and scheduled followup. I found the process enjoyable and am considering accepting the position. I am hopeful that this is a good company and opportunity - time will tell.

Interview Questions

• Would you have a problem traveling every wee for work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Global Resources (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by head of recruiting/HR. Pretty straightforward process. Phone interview staring off with the questions listed below. Sales job! This is a very high turnover position. I do think some of the people on Glassdoor were a little naive to accept a job that I assume was explained to them.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to live with a small expense per diem and commission only in hopes of making big bucks? Not real professional. They churn through these positions losing 50 a year on a base of 100.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Global Resources (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

A 45-minute phone interview covers position requirements, work duties and typical work week.
    Very candid interviewer, great listener. No technical questions, but critical reasoning, learning capacity, emotional intelligence and the ability to think and react quickly were tested.

Interview Questions

• A thoughtful list of questions is provided to the candidate in advance, helps to prepare.
      Can you do the job,
      what do you know about our firm,
      how your background and skills match the job requirements,
      why are you looking for work and when would you be available to start,
      comfort level with travelling salesman's lifestyle,
      ethical values and personal honesty standards.
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Global Resources in January 2016.

Interview

1. Email to set-up interview, 2. Phone Interview 3. Email Invite for Webinar Training for 1-week, They emailed me on a thursday prior to training starting that next monday. No reponses to my email inquiries around pay structure, VERY SHADY!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• What is your business background? Have you done consulting work or business analysis? Can you travel? Tell me about your past job experience, how did you close a big account?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Global Resources (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Two(2) calls. The first lasted 12 minutes. The second was talking about a start date. I received a call regarding the application I submitted from the Director of recruiting. It was just a few questions and possibly the shortest interview I have ever had. The next call the next day was just 5 minutes. The interviewer said that we could make a minimum of $105,000/year.

Interview Questions

• What is your sales experience?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to travel weekly (leave Sunday night and be home by Friday)?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a credit card to cover expenses amounting to up to $4,000? (Because it takes two weeks to get your $100/day per diem)   1 Answer
    • Do you have money set aside to "carry" you while you are waiting for management consulting invoices to be paid?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable talking to business owners and 'C' level executives?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Global Resources (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through the Zip Recruiter website. I should have read Glassdoor reviews first. I was called by a nice HR lady and had a great interview with her then was sent an "invitation" to call one of the long time salesmen and field managers. I talked to him and he said it was going to be a few local appointments before flying anywhere and the training was a week long online, via conference call with the computer.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a credit card to pay for room, food and rental cars until you get paid in 3 weeks from your start date .
      Have you traveled far from home for business before ?
      Have you been able to handle being away from your family for extended periods (home weekends) A LIE BECAUSE YOU GET HOME MIDNIGHT SATURDAY AND FLY OUT AGAIN SUNDAY AFTERNOON