GlobalLogic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2018

2.8

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GlobalLogic (San Jose, CA).

Interview

If you're looking for diversity and a Silicon Valley culture, this is not the place. One of the interviewers asked me about the commute and I said it would be great because my partner worked down the street. She actually told me that people at GL keep their personal lives to themselves. She also mentioned that the CEO appreciates people dressing like they are at work, not at home so it is not a casual environment. After the semi-homophobic comment, I realized I would never work there and I asked her how on earth they managed to get talent in SV. She just just glared at me and I ended the interview.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlobalLogic in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through online portal and the interview was scheduled by the HR. It was a skype interview. The interviewer asked good quality of questions . He was very positive and it was a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Which collection will use in multithreaded environment   1 Answer
    • What are the best industry standards for RestFulApi and how will you handle the large data records returned from the database .   Answer Question
    • Why wait method is in Object class and not in Thread class   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between many to many and one to many relationships in hibernate. I was also given a scenario.   Answer Question
    • Do you know about CopyOnWriteArrayList   Answer Question

Leadership Role Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GlobalLogic.

Interview

Excellent questions and business-focused discussion only, no petty administrative bio walk-thru. All meetings discussed culture and organizational fit. Very casual and collaborative environment it appears people are very committed to the company.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the key business issues facing in the industry you are working?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GlobalLogic (Boston, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone/Skype/In person. High level discussion with manager from client company. Determine if a good fit. Video interview with other developers on team mainly senior level and hiring manager from client company. In person was non-technical and emphasized the handling of difficult experiences from past, level of communication with business users and whether person can handle minor to moderately difficult project management.

Interview Questions

• Explain what benefits table partitioning (Oracle 11(RAC)) plays in a data warehouse environment?   1 Answer
    • What is Oracle Flexible Architecture and why is it important.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none.

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GlobalLogic.

Interview

The process was very smooth and recruiter was very prompt and helpful. There were three round of interview, two were internal and one client interview.

Whole process took 3 weeks of time period.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlobalLogic (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I found the ad for this position online. The interview process was very quick - I submitted my resume and supporting documents via email, got a call from the General Counsel on the same day, and scheduled the on-site interview 4 days later.

The interview itself was very organized and straight to the point. During the onsite I interviewed with four different people, two at a time, all giving feedback afterwards. The interview itself took about one-and-a-half hours.

During the interview I was asking most of the questions, and so seemed to be the expectation. I thought that was a great strategy, because it allowed me to learn more about the position and the company culture on my own terms. All my questions got an answer, and the team was honest and forthcoming about the position expectations and various nuances of it.

My impressions:
    - Amazingly organized and professional recruiting strategy and effort
    - Management and the team are professional, incredibly transparent, and focused on good fit in addition to skills/experience
    - Interview discussions were thought-provoking and, honestly, a lot of fun
    - Very flexible and reasonable with interview scheduling

Nothing too tricky, they will know right away if you're a good fit.
    Highly recommend.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress/working under the pressure of deadlines?
      How do you prioritize your day-to-day tasks?
      Would you rather be good or be lucky?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GlobalLogic (McLean, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

Straight forward - apply, send resume, phone screen, then in-person. HR team (of two) handled the clearing and sourcing of candidates. Then turned over to hiring managers from that point forward.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundalk, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GlobalLogic (Dundalk, MD).

Interview

Great, relaxed easy panel of people onterviewing. Felt they really waa interested in my integrity. I felt relaxed and ready to be myself and answer honestly. Bring your honest self and you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a dishonest client?   1 Answer

Because I had another job offer closer to home.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GlobalLogic (Waltham, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed by an Indian guy. could not understand his accent and very negative body language. The guy did not know the answers to the questions he asked and looked like interview was a formality for some reason.

Interview Questions

• What is difference between C and C++ ?   1 Answer

ETL Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GlobalLogic (Chicago, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted through LinkedIn, my first HR discussion call never happened because of miscommunication.
    My second call was schedule as Technical Telephonic call, I connected on time but no one showed up for interview, I mailed HR asking for reschedule but no reply.

Then I contacted the HR person who initially reached me out on linked In, to know about my interview. After that I got a mail from HR saying interview is rescheduled.
    My Technical interview lasted for 45 mins where they asked basics of almost everything the job requirement had. During the call I knew interviewer was very much impressed with me.
    I got selected for next manager call. It was pretty chill call, no technical questions only project related questions were asked.
    Then I got call from HR saying my interview went well and discussed regarding salary and even asked for some official documents and asked me to wait for last client interview.

But after that I didn't get any reply from HR even after following up couple of times I am very disappointed by the way my interview process was handled.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about Talend and core java like for loops, automation questions, SQL like handling duplicates, Integration testing related   Answer Question