Golden Corral Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 26, 2017

1.9

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Golden Corral (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Was contacted through a recruiter that pretty much did everything. I interviewed with the regional manager, did a day on the job training, then back ground check, then met with the VP of operations a week later. They loved me and offered me a job then. My interviewer was extremely personable. Very relaxed and lots of jokes/smiles.

Interview Questions

• Can you relocate? What kind of person do you look for in a server, cook, and assistant manager? Previous salary? Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Golden Corral.

Interview

very easy, hired in the spot, don't have to dress up for interview. Took about a week until I started working. Ask for manager before store opens you will get hired!

Dishwasher/Busser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Golden Corral (Killeen, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Walked in asked for the manger and went into a "Party Room" where it is quiet and asked me basic questions. He looked over my application and asked am i available on holidays such as valentines day, thanksgiving, Christmas etc. Sadly I didn't get an offer because I seem too nervous and I didn't answer a question correctly. I feel like I still nave a chance but its very slim.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you over other candidates?   1 Answer
    • Are you able to lift up to 50 pound?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Golden Corral.

Interview

It was very brief two interviews but got the job right off due to a hiring crunch not hard at alll didnt evan drug test me or anyone didnt ask a lot of questions the ladie was nice

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Golden Corral (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Asked Very basic Questions and was very conversational. The Job interview process was pretty quick and made it easy to get a job offer. I would have accepted this job, but i got accepted somewhere else.

Buffet Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Golden Corral (San Bernardino, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

There were 5 men interviewing me, all managers, they were very nice and laid back. They wanted to know more about me and my felony then anything else it seemed. The Store has not opened up yet so i will be waiting for an email. I've been told that they are an equal opportunity employer or whatever, so hopefully I will get the job. They seemed to be understanding about how I am turning my life around.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in a year?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Cashier/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Golden Corral (Florence, AL) in August 2016.

Interview

Fairly regular. Didn't ask many personal questions just basic when would I be able to work and what position.the restaurant is still being built so it was in a hotel conference room. There was a man and a woman and it was very quick because they had lots of interviews.

Laundry Sorter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billings, MT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Golden Corral (Billings, MT) in June 2016.

Interview

I was asked questions about my life, when I could start, and if I could pass a background check. I said I could and was hired.It was a very simple interview and I felt they were willing to hire anyone.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Osage Beach, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Golden Corral (Osage Beach, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

I walked in,asked for a manager,about 5 minutes later a man walked out and said,"What can I do for ya chief?" I asked him if they were hiring and what positions they had open. He asked what I was looking for,and I told him something in the back. So,he told me to hang on while he got his kitchen manager. ....This is where it goes south...A man walked out and said hello,I I said hi back and shook his hand. He told me to follow him in a hasty way,so I obliged. We sat down,and he actually started speaking.....The man,could hardly speak a word of english.I continue on,trying my best to decipher what he's saying and I just nodded. He said something about computers and he'd call me back Wednesday and sent me on my way. So Tuesday comes and they call and tell me to come in,I go in meet a guy who speaks a bit better English,at least fluent enough to where everyone can understand him. He grabs a napkin draws some random stuff,and says the pay is 9 an hour,but quickly follows up with how,people don't get layed off there, that they lay themselves off. I found that a bit of an odd thing to say,but looked past it..He said hed have another manager get my tax papers to fill out and my uniform..He never actually told me I was ,just a bunch of stuff that felt alot like some Godfather type stuff. So,wait 3 HOURS for the other manager,I had to go get him because they had forgot about me...He finally gets my papers and takes my SS card and license...sends me back to my house to get non slip shoes because apparently im working THAT DAY. So I do,get my shoes go back and remind him about my SS card and stuff,he says hes got it and will give it back in a min...back to that later. So he tries to get me to do the computer stuff and it wont work....so he just throws me into the kitchen...okay,besides me,ONE GUY SPOKE ENGLISH....so,nearing close,I ask again for my SS and license back,he finally gives it to me. After about 6 hours.....

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheridan, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Golden Corral (Sheridan, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

It was quick 15 minutes. Lots of questions. The lady who gave me the interview was very nice and she also gave me big leads on what she feel I can be capable of doing in the company. I felt at ease she gave me comfortability to ask her questions about the role and her part as manager what I would expect from her the interview was fun.

Interview Questions

• What can I bring to the company??   1 Answer