Golden Rule Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Golden Rule

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Golden Rule (Springfield, IL).

Interview

The interview process for Golden Rule was fairly. Was contacted for a 1:1 interview after receiving my resume, at which time I met with the hiring manager/human resources director. Unfortunately, the interview itself focused less on my skills and qualifications, and more on why I would not be a good fit for employment with Golden Rule, which seemed to focus on my age my than prior experience.

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel as if you are qualified for this job?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Interview

The first interview was 30 minutes with 2 current employees, it was 99% of them just talking about the company and what they did. A few days later got a phone call to come in for a second interview. I interviewed with 4 different people, about 30-50 min each and was taken out to lunch. The whole thing was very laid back, just went over my resume with most of them. They did most of the talking.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were very basic. What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Computer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Golden Rule.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter, had an initial phone interview and was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• How would I go about laying off employees if I was asked to do so?   Answer Question

The salary was too low. The benefits were sub-par.

Actuary Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Golden Rule (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2010.

Interview

First contact was with recruiter - a pointless conversation where he only asked salary requirements. Next was interview with hiring manager, which lasted about an hour. Asked a series of "Tell me about a time" questions. In the next stage, I interviewed with each of four different people from the department, mostly other managers. They asked much better questions, mostly about personality and interests. No real technical questions throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about and how does that tie in to this position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to change directions on a project.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Golden Rule in August 2008.

Interview

Fine. interviewed with department leaders.

Interview Questions

• describe your management style   1 Answer
    • tell me about your last position   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward. One person to negotiate with.