GoodData Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GoodData Interview Questions

Interviews at GoodData

3.2

Services Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GoodData.

Interview

Fair technical questions about databases and previous work experience. Interviewer was helpful when prompted and was very amicable throughout the duration of the process. There were courses available that helped prepare me for my job at the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you code this (sample) database to make queries very efficient?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GoodData (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Lengthy, long, complicated and convoluted. Multiple on-sites, unstructured interviews and a few interviewees were more intent on getting free consulting than sizing up for a fit. They then asked for a 30-60-90 day plan delivered as a presentation, but didn't set proper guidelines of expectations or outline the key friction they were wanting to solve. They weren't sure how the Marketing function should actually work, they didn't know what they didn't know... and when the hiring manager told me he was about to terminate one of the marketing team members who just interviewed me... it got awkward fast.

Interview Questions

• A set of Google-famous questions. What would be your average mph if it took you 60 min to scale a mountain... etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GoodData (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

This interview process was by far the worst. You would think smaller start-up companies are fast and responsive - not this one. No one ever followed up with me for any rounds moving forward. I had to continually wait a week, send a reminder note, then they are like oh yea let me set that up. They say they will get back to you by a certain time and never do. Sometimes they lie and say they are waiting for a person to get back to them, well hello it doesn't take over 1 week to respond to an email. I wish they were transparent and quick but this start up works slower than a 100k+ employee company. I never even got a rejection email/note, they just never responded back. It's been over 2 months since I came in for a long final interview, I've never heard back since. Of course I followed up, weeks later, and they say they are still collecting feedback. Really? It takes you over a month to collect feedback from 4 people? Horrible...to this day still no rejection email/note

Interview Questions

GoodData Response

Sep 24, 2014 – Director of Talent Acquisition

I'm terribly sorry to hear this was your interview experience with GoodData. It is completely contrary to the type of process we like to run here, as we try to treat every candidate with the upmost... More

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GoodData.

Interview

The company outreach and interview process was very timely with open communication.
    The recruiter was specific in what they found in my profile that made us a good fit and shared what they were looking for. Often, when approached by a recruiter, it doesn't appear as if they did their homework but in this case it was evident why she contacted me.
    I was kept up to date throughout the entire process and the recruiter and interviewers followed up exactly as promised.
    This was the most professional interview process I went through from initial contact through offer.

Negotiation

I was not interested in going back and forth in negotiations. I was honest with my expectations and satisfied with my offer.

Vice President of Product Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GoodData (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The process at GoodData was remarkably smooth and positive. Throughout the entire process, I was never in the dark and never had to reach out to determine next steps....Jessica and Albert kept me very informed, worked with my already very busy schedule and accommodated last minute changes on my part, and scheduled a large number of interviews across the entire organization in San Francisco and Prague with what seemed like apparent ease (though I'm know it took considerable effort on their part to make it easy for me).

Regardless of the level of the person I was interviewing with, the focus was on driving hard to create valuable and competitive products in the market while maintaining a culture that focused on collaboration, passion, and a very apparent team spirit. This was very welcome in that it was a characteristic that I was seeking for my next professional endeavor.

Interviews at this level should be difficult and rigorous and while it was exactly that at GoodData, it was also very inviting and the welcome I received when I accepted the offer, was the best of my career.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle distributed product management and marketing with a distributed products, devops, and support team?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GoodData in January 2018.

Interview

A few levels of interviews- internal recruiter, sales manager/VP Sales, and a presentation of the product suite. I found it to be pretty standard. The recruiter was fairly knowledgeable on the company-lots of buzzwords it seems.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GoodData (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Disjointed to say the least, I almost did not want to take the interview they could not get their act together. When I finally did interview with the Sales / Hiring manager I found them to be inept and somewhat challenged on sales concepts and achieving revenue

Interview Questions

• What are some industries you have sold into?
      Are you a hunter or someone who manages a territory?   Answer Question

GoodData Response

Feb 21, 2018 – People Operations Manager

We are sorry that you had a negative experience in the interview process with GoodData for an Account Executive position. We believe that our Sales leaders and Hiring Managers are highly capable and... More

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GoodData in January 2017.

Interview

Overall disappointing interview process. I applied directly on the website and had a call with the recruiter who moved me through the process with the hiring manager. After speaking with the hiring manager for more than an hour, I was told that they would be setting up a face to face meeting for the following week but that never happened. After several emails to the manager and the recruiter, I was told that they are moving forward with another candidate. I can understand that they might've found someone else better suited for the role but don't go radio silence on candidates.

Interview Questions

• If I was to call your former colleagues what would they say about your selling style?   Answer Question

AE Interview

Interview

- The interview was thorough, the CEO of the company took the time to get to know me, that was very refreshing
    - Three phone interviews and an in-person interview
    - Try to understand the product from a big picture perspective; if you go in there and repeat their marketing assets, it's not going to get you very far
    - All of the interviews were extremely conversational, barely any "typical" interview questions

Interview Questions

• Walk us through the sales process of one of your deals?   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoodData (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process at GoodData was very smooth, and all the interviewers were so helpful and accommodating. The first round was a phone screen with the recruiter. She spoke with me and mostly asked culture fit questions, as well as general questions about my work experience and how I would fit within the team. The second round was in person where I met with the VP of Finance, Finance Associate, Accounting Director, and Revenue Accountant. During this portion of the interview, everyone was extremely nice and seemed so smart. They asked more experience questions, such as how my previous positions have prepared me for this company, what I knew/liked about the company, and various general accounting questions. After this interview, I got an offer. I'm not sure if this is typically the last interview, or if there are generally more rounds.

Interview Questions

• A brain teaser where you have to find the variables to an equation. I forget the exact questions, but it was definitely unexpected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter called me to see what I was willing to leave my company for, and got that amount for me (I was pretty reasonable). I then tried to counter offer again, but was declined. I was happy with what I got regardless.