GoodData Reviews

Updated Jun 5, 2020

3.6
GoodData CEO Roman Stanek (no image)
Roman Stanek
Pros
  • "Prague office, placement in Karlin(in 14 reviews)

• "still a couple of smart people in the company(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "GoodData is experiencing several growing pains as a result of a major strategic / go-to-market shift in 2016(in 6 reviews)

• "Senior management approach made a lot of smart and talented people to leave(in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great learning experience for a self-starter"

4.0
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at GoodData full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is an entrepreneurial environment without much structure. I personally had a great time learning by doing things that were normally outside of my role. There are also plenty of intelligent and friendly people around to make coming to work fun. Opportunities are there for grab for people with the right attitude.

Cons

The unstructured environment means inconsistency in process and constant changes in priority - it may not be for everyone.

Continue reading

"GoodData is changing for the better!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at GoodData full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

GoodData just finished with its best quarter, morale is high and outlook is optimistic. Existing clients love the GoodData platform and keep expanding. Most people you work with are friendly and engaging.

Cons

The company is growing up and making changes for the better. As with all type of changes, not everyone will love it or make the cut. During this transition, there are some pain points associated with employee attrition and new hires ramping. Typical start-up challenge with rapid changes and ambiguity - the right people will love it, the wrong people will not thrive.

Continue reading

"A toxic place to work - can't/won't get it together"

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at GoodData full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart people, drinks, platform, benefits are ok and average pay.

Cons

Lacks leadership. They hire and fire those that don't fit the cliquey culture. High turnover. GoodData will not promote outside their people as an example of non-inclusion.

Continue reading

"Winter is coming to GoodData"

I have been working at GoodData full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot more room around the office than last week

Cons

Total lack of respect for employees Non-stop sales management turnover Product has fallen behind (see Gartner MQ) Complete lack of leadership by CEO

"Circling the drain"

I have been working at GoodData full-time for more than a year

Pros

Zero pros... I’d have said good people but most are gone

Cons

Lack of any honesty or transparency from the very top. The board seems incapable of intervening to help

GoodData Response

May 7, 2019Sr. Manager, People Operations

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your thoughts. We take these comments seriously. We’re very committed to maintaining GoodData as a great place to work. We’d love to chat more about your thoughts and feedback - please reach out to our PeopleOps team or your manager at anytime.

"Toxic Culture in the US (And I worked Remote)"

2.0
    Former Employee - Director of Sales Operations in San Francisco, CA

I worked at GoodData full-time for more than a year

Pros

The platform is solid and works great. Any customer looking at GoodData can and will succeed with GoodData. The comp and benefits package is great and the company is based in SF 2 blocks from the Giants Stadium.

Cons

In the US, the toxic culture starts with the CEO and trickles downward. There is no trust and some things don't pass the smell test. There is confusion and misalignment from the messaging to the internal execution. If you get on the CEO's bad side for any reason, look for a new job. The CEO dives into the most granular details you can imagine, for example, reading a reps prospecting emails. The CEO has shiny object syndrome. The company can't decide if they sell a platform, product, or service.

GoodData Response

August 1, 2018Sr. Manager, People Operations

GoodData’s technically advanced platform and analytics solutions are our promise to enable customer success. We also recognize people are our biggest assets by providing competitive compensation and benefits package. In response to the observation about our CEO dived into the details by inspecting a rep’s prospecting email. It is a management philosophy called “Management By Wandering Around” (MBWA), where managers spending part of their time getting to know their front-line contributors’ activities in order to identify areas for improvement. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Management_by_wandering_around Here at GoodData, we are proud to have leaders that can drive big picture visions and at the same time care enough about the team’s success to dive into details. “Roll-up the sleeves” attitude is essential at all levels in a startup environment.

"Cares little about its people"

2.0

I worked at GoodData full-time for more than a year

Pros

Founder is smart and accomplished. Product seems good, many customers seem to like it.

Cons

Founder couldn't care less about the people who work for him. If you work there, you'll be a disposable cog in his machine. He won't give you a second thought unless you show some backbone and speak up for yourself. In that case, you may be flagged as a troublemaker.

"Avoid this company like the plague"

I worked at GoodData full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Realizing all the things a company shouldn't do and what you can learn from a plethora of mistakes that are made when you don't have product market fit with your solution, are in an overcrowded sector, and constantly are reminded how disinterested your CEO is when he'd rather be on FB in meetings than being fully committed to the company.

Cons

Terrible culture, a revolving door of senior leadership, an ever changing corp strategy, and a feeling of so much politics in the business you constantly ask yourself why you don't just work at SAP or Oracle.

"Review"

I worked at GoodData

Pros

Excellent Business Intelligence Company, excellent services and product department

Cons

Does not really have any

"Hard but fun. Rewarding demands and a fulfilling career."

Current Employee - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at GoodData full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at GoodData, and look forward to continuing my career here. There are many opportunities to work on inspiring projects. The more I raise my hand, the more my position expands. I feel that I am able to make a positive impact on the company while also learning and gaining incredible experience. The work keeps me engaged and interested, and the people make all the difference.

Cons

Sometimes the workload is intense, but I can imagine the ebbs and flows are pretty normal in the industry.

Found 118 reviews