Goosehead Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Franchise Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goosehead Insurance (Irving, TX).

Interview

This process is very in-depth. From beginning to end, you will have to impress each and every person you come in contact with. The initial contact is with a recruiting assistant, then you will meet with a recruiting manager, and finally with the director of recruiting. These are phone interviews, and a perfect opportunity to stand out from the rest. Don't just tell them you're a perfect fit, SHOW them by examples. The recruiting department literally rooted for me the entire time. If you make it to final round interviews, you will spend a half-day at the corporate headquarters in Irving, TX. Impressive people are everywhere. Look the part. You will shadow departments, see behind the scenes, crunch the numbers, and see exactly why Goosehead is disrupting the insurance industry. Three or four face-to-face interviews will ensue. Usually with the manager(s) of your applying position's department, the President, and the CEO & Founder. These are decorated individuals across the board. From Harvard education to big-business analytics, they have what it takes to be a true winner in this industry. Come with intuitive questions, and a firm belief that you will be a necessary acquisition to the team. Goosehead only hires a small portion of candidates, you will have to show grit and determination to be heavily considered. The experience is top-notch regardless of the outcome. If you have what it takes, come fly with us.

Interview Questions

Goosehead Insurance Response

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goosehead Insurance in March 2014.

Interview

very relaxed. i already had years of experienced with independent agency. we talked bout my selling techniques and why i was so successful. We went over the many goosehead regulations and paperwork

Interview Questions

Negotiation

esdu

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goosehead Insurance (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process is through recruiters and they ask many of the same questions. All interviews were phone only. Never heard back after the third interview. Felt the recruiting manager was aggressive and did not try to sell the company. The process needs to get to face-to-face interviews more quickly.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you work while in school?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goosehead Insurance (College Station, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Spent the time asking the basic behavioral questions, then opened up for questions. Very structured and quick. I thought it was odd they started the interview by stating they have already hired a person and there was only one position available so to apply again if I didn't get the internship this round.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goosehead Insurance.

Interview

Met at career fair then had one phone interview with their recruiter. After that, they had the final round at their home office in Dallas. That consisted of four 20 minute interviews with their owners and top management.

Interview Questions

• They ask behavior questions during the phone interview and what are your strengths/weaknesses. Further on, they asked a few behavior questions but mostly wanted to know about your resume and what was important for you in a career-- basically making sure your views matched theirs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goosehead Insurance (Irving, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I first met with the recruiter at my college job fair. This was followed up by an on-campus interviews. The interview was an hour long, 30 minutes with a Sales manager and 30 minutes with a recruiter. The process went rather well, and I heard back from them the next week. My in-house interview was scheduled for 3 weeks later.

My interview at the office went very well, and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience! I first arrived that morning, and was there was breakfast waiting in the lobby. I was discussed with some service agents before hand that came in to eat breakfast, Overall everyone was incredibly sweet. Myself and three other candidates then began the 2 hour process. I interviewed with the Service Director, Service VP, and Service Manager. Along with these interviews, I also shadowed with the Team lead who showed me what my daily routine would be.

It was a lot of fun, it is a young company with very smart employees. The work culture is great!

Interview Questions

• What brought you to Goosehead? What made you want to work for an insurance company?   Answer Question

Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goosehead Insurance in June 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then you spend half a day touring the office, viewing a presentation, and interviewing with three managers. It's funny because literally every single person at Goosehead is all like 'it's a meritocracy, it's a meritocracy, it's a meritocracy. They reward you for what you do" but the hiring process is not at all like that. Even if you have insurance experience, you probably won't get hired here unless you know someone who works here. That's just the way it is. You're not "rewarded" with a job for knowing anything about the insurance industry. They're all a bunch of fakers. They like to hire people fresh out of college and mold them to the cult. Anyone else? Highly qualified? Don't waste your time here because they won't hire you.

Interview Questions

Goosehead Insurance Response

Jul 11, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to interview with Goosehead. We pride ourselves in the fact that we give young professionals and recent graduates an opportunity to join a growing organization that... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goosehead Insurance (Westlake, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews followed by a 4 hour seminar and 3 back to back interviews. Interviewed with 3 other candidates, started with a tour, followed by a business model presentation, and an interview with the training manager, the next interview with the department manager, and the final interview with the VP of the department.

Interview Questions

• What's the hardest thing you've had to overcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goosehead Insurance (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Difficult but attainable job if you're willing to prep yourself for a professional experience during interviewing. Multiple 1 on 1 interviews and over the phone as well all before receive a call back on a yes or no.

Interview Questions

Goosehead Insurance Response

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goosehead Insurance (Irving, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by secondary interview with current agent. Then face to face with 3 different managers. They tout that they only hire 1%. Fact is, I could not have been more qualified and did better on the interview and they turned me down for NO reason. I asked for feedback, no feedback given. Worst interview process I have ever experienced, and I have worked with top leadership individuals from all across the country. They denied me for NO substantial reason even though I am highly qualified. Extremely disappointed because I saw a future with this company. When I emailed the interviewers for feedback they didn't even have the decency to respond. Do not expect good things from this proocess, come in very guarded.

Interview Questions

Goosehead Insurance Response

Jul 11, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to interview with us . As detailed during the interview process, we are a meritocracy and while experience is important , it is not weighed as heavily as other skills... More

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goosehead Insurance (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

You will have 2 phone interviews with the recruiting team. If you make it pass both of these, you will be invited in for a half-day at the corporate headquarters. Here, you will get the chance to tour the company, shadow employees, see a presentation, and interview with the top executives and managers in the service department.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be successful in this role?   1 Answer