KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Goosehead Insurance Chairman and CEO Mark E. Jones
Mark E. Jones

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours and blood/sweat/tears for the first few years as you get your feet wet.(in 43 reviews)
  • "The reason many agents stick it out is because they believe it gets easier, the workload diminishes, the money goes up, but in truth they continue to work the same long hours as newer agents just to keep above water or make over their base salary or because the burnout makes it hard to muster the courage or effort it takes to leave.(in 32 reviews)
  • "management where it literally takes 5 minutes of research to realize it's all false.(in 29 reviews)
  • "No work life balance 10 hour days minimum(in 27 reviews)
  • "Most managers have little real life or real corporate experience yet they think they know it all(in 21 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Goosehead Insurance and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Truly the best organization.

Jul 13, 2021 - Franchise Sales Coordinator in Westlake, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started with the organization directly after graduating from the University of Oklahoma and thank goodness I did. This company has shaped the trajectory of my career in ways I didn't think were possible. Everyone from fellow coordinators to senior management has a heart to serve others and provide help as you develop in the role. The training and support provided has allowed me, a new professional, to jump YEARS down the sales learning curve. If you want to work amongst ambitious, driven, and caring people look no further. Goosehead has been the absolutely best company to work for and I plan to be with the organization for years to come.

Cons

If you don't have a self-starter mentality and/or a strong work ethic, this isn't the company for you.

9 people found this review helpful

Goosehead Insurance Response

Our franchise sales team never ceases to amaze us! We are so glad to have you as an addition to the department and the Goosehead family. Furthermore, your success with the company is all the more inspiring. We are glad we could help you reach your truest potential; we can not wait for the upcoming years with you. - GH

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Goosehead

May 27, 2022 - Service Team Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

By far the best company I ever worked for! The culture here is like no other and everyone is extremely supportive of your goals. This is the first job where I had where I enjoyed coming to work. So many growth and development opportunities to help you get to where you want to go. Your hard work is always noticed and appreciated . This company takes really great care of their people and actually listens to our wants/needs. You won't regret joining Goosehead!

Cons

-Workload can take some time to get used to but we are always trying to come up with ways to make things better -Some after-hours work

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great culture

May 23, 2022 - Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, rewarding structure for compensation

Cons

Work life balance not ideal early on

Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 5.0

Great Company to Work For

May 19, 2022 - Customer Service Agent in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

You'll never find a company that cares to much (and proves it) about their employees! It's a wonderful company to work for (especially if you are just starting to build your career).

Cons

none, I think that our San Antonio office is amazing!

Managing Director

Thanks for the review! We love our San Antonio team!

5. 5.0

Work Hard Get Paid

May 19, 2022 - Service Agent in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefit's Amazing incentive based bonuses Great Culture Positive Leaders

Cons

You have to survive the early training to learn the Job; Most people have a hard time getting thru the first 3 months to make it to the floor and get to a specialty team they like. I personally like the phone team we start on but for those who want to work cases only just got to get thru the training half of the job

Managing Director

Helpful feedback - thank you!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Opportunity in San Antonio

May 18, 2022 - Service Team Lead in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Goosehead offers an incredible amount of opportunity for growth and career development. I first heard about Goosehead when I was moving to Vegas, NV as I was in need of a new job and worked in the insurance industry previously. When I caught wind that the San Antonio office was opening about a year after I started, I was very excited. I was asked to help join the launch team based off of my performance, which was a good indicator that Goosehead NOTICES merit and NOTICES your hard work and effort. They gave all of us on the launch team a very nice moving stipend to cover those associated costs and I even had some money leftover for our first few days of meals once we touched down. I was promoted within 5 months of moving to San Antonio and could not have been any happier with my decision to make the move. I'm now currently working on earning my next promotion to Manager, which may be soon due to our RAPID growth rate. The opportunity here is just incredible. Our office environment and culture is very close. We are constantly doing things out of the office and have a great in office culture. Music is always on so we can have those good vibes while working and it truly makes the days fly by. The executive buy-in for our office as well is not only a plus but a HUGE mindset re-aligner as it allows us to see the bigger picture and plans for the company. San Antonio is expected to be a Service Hub for the company so growth is EXPECTED to continue at a rapid rate and have the full support of HQ back in Westlake. Hard work is truly rewarded.

Cons

Post-shift work can lead to you staying roughly 30 minutes after shift. Since we're a growing company that means not only are we growing headcount wise, but our clientele is also growing at an even faster rate. This can lead to a higher call volume and thus all offices needing to participate in helping the call queue reach certain cutoffs. This can lead to staying a few minutes later after shift end. Traffic to and from the office can be a pain at times (but that's manageable if you leave at certain times) May gain a "Goosehead 15" for all the food we get ordered 😅

Managing Director

Thank you for the great review and helpful feedback. The "Goosehead 15" is no joke!

7. 5.0

May 18, 2022 - Service Agent in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, Growth Opportunities, Culture, Management is very supportive! Overall a great workplace environment!

Cons

N/A I literally have no cons to working here.

Managing Director

Thanks for the great review. If you ever have suggestions on areas we can improve - don't hesitate to share with your leadership team.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Insurance

May 18, 2022 - Customer Service Team Lead in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bonus Potential Fast Growth (with good work ethic) Travel Incentives Paid Training and Licensing Daily 1 Hr Lunch and 30 Min Breaks 6 Days Sick Time per Year Competitive Vacation Time The AC Works Fast WIFI

Cons

Heavy Workload After Hours Work for Leadership

9. 5.0

Welcoming Culture

May 18, 2022 - Service Agent in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Friendly co-workers -Competitive, but not overly to the point of being miserable -Decent base pay with lots of incentives and bonus opportunities -Not scripted or timed on calls

Cons

-Advancement/promotions are difficult and competitive -Work can be repetitive

Thanks for the review!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Goosehead Review

May 17, 2022 - Managing Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Iron sharpens iron mentality year over year bonus and pay increase more than double the industry job security performance based compensation opportunity professional development

Cons

Always more work to be done, which can be taken as good or bad, you need to be able to maximize the time you dedicate to the role or you could work 24/7

Managing Director

Thank you for the review and your contributions over 5+ years!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 803 Reviews

Goosehead Insurance Reviews FAQs

Goosehead Insurance has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 819 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at Goosehead Insurance to a friend and 72% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Goosehead Insurance employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Goosehead Insurance. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

70% of Goosehead Insurance employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Goosehead Insurance 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Goosehead Insurance to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be work life balance, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Goosehead Insurance Job Seekers