Goosehead Insurance Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2020

4.0
Goosehead Insurance Chairman and CEO Mark E. Jones
Mark E. Jones
Pros
  • "That means that all the hard work you put out in your first few years is rewarded when those policies come up for renewal(in 59 reviews)

• "Good company culture with young people(in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • "I don't have anything negative to say about Goosehead(in 61 reviews)

• "a lot of hard work, you definitely have to "show up" every day(in 51 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"THE GOOSE"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Goosehead Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company offers upward mobility, autonomy, and is in a recession-proof industry. I have been here for 3 years as an Account Executive and would like to give an honest review of the company. Goosehead is NOT for everyone; if you make excuses, are unethical, look for hand-outs, or blame others for your shortcomings. It will not be a great fit for you. If you are ambitious, hard-working, and want to take a small gamble on yourself to potentially make a 6 figure salary within 3 years then you should absolutely apply. Goosehead's pay structure is completely accurate if you are a top performer. That means you hit goals, secure bonus', write good business for your clients and our carrier partners. If you follow the model you will be successful. You get paid renewals. That means that all the hard work you put out in your first few years is rewarded when those policies come up for renewal. Also, just like any job you get better at it as time goes on. So as you bring in more clients, you get more renewals, which leads to more referrals which leads to more money for you. Culture - second to none, come visit an office and you will see what I mean. The product portfolio and rates we offer gives you a huge competitive advantage. We have options and our competitors do not. We provide solutions, they provide commercials with Geckos and celebrities.

Cons

Sometimes we have ex-employees write false reviews about the company because they were not successful. It does not always mean they didn't work hard or that they are bad people, however, unfortunately, they try and discourage others from joining through false allegations.

April 15, 2020Managing Director

Thank you for the feedback!

"Unreal Potential"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Goosehead Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

We're already the largest broker for personal lines insurance in the country and we're still at the bottom floor of growth. If you're looking for a place to be able to make a real impact on the success of an organization, this is it. The income potential is insane as well. It's hard work for the first two years, and you may be taking a pay cut at first, but one you have a network and two years of renewals under your belt, you'll be sitting way above your peers. Stock options and bonuses help in the meantime.

Cons

This is not for everyone. The account executives that make it and stick it out have a weird obsession with personal growth and are thirsty to reach their full potential. You'll be pushed outside of your comfort zones in order to grow. If that's not something that entices you, you should probably look elsewhere.

Continue reading

"The best company I have ever worked for."

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Westlake, TX

I worked at Goosehead Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Top notch training. Very positive work environment. Encourages innovative thinking. Rewards hard work. Sooo much room for growth. Upper management on the floor with you and very easy to talk to. Continued training.

Cons

My husband job moved us to FL. So with that being said, I wasn’t able to work remote in FL. Which is COMPLETELY understandable. Just sad I had to leave the goose family.

June 9, 2020Managing Director

Thank you for the feedback. We will be ready for you if you move back to Texas!

4. "Eh"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Goosehead Insurance full-time

Pros

Not too shabby work environment

Cons

Takes a lot of hours

5. COVID-19

"CEO does not care about employees, EXTREMELY high turnover"

1.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Westlake, TX

I have been working at Goosehead Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good insurance product and competitive rates for clients - They will literally hire anyone, if you can’t find a job and have no experience in anything they will hire you, don’t care about qualifications at all Management asks employees to post positive Glassdoor reviews to save face. Save yourself the time and look elsewhere

Cons

- EXTREMELY HIGH TURNOVER, will lie to you during interview process saying no one leaves when in reality sales people drop off like flies, always new faces you can’t keep track - All the CEO cares about are the companies stocks, does not care at all about the people. When COVID-19 came he refused to let employees work from home till the state forced him to then right when phase 1 of reopening happened he had everyone back in the office leading to a spread of COVID through the offices forcing them to shut down again. DOES NOT CARE ABOUT HIS EMPLOYEES - Call center work environment - Long hours, management expects you to get there at 7:30am and look down on you for leaving before 6:30pm - Very young work force leading to an extremely immature work environment, most of the managers do not have the maturity to properly lead a group of people

"Extreme Ownership"

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Goosehead Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great colleagues to work with. Plenty of fun events and tons of energy throughout the day. - Exciting company to be a part of. Great potential if the correct strategy is implemented. - Great idealism and values that are listed in cultivating their company culture

Cons

I am only spending 2 minutes on this review because it is not worth more of my time. - Lying about expectations. - Lack of Strategy in 2020. What worked 3 years ago does not work anymore. - Over saturation of Account Executives trying to sell insurance. - Advertised as a networking job. Acts more like a call center. - Your Sales Coach can make or break you. No one liked my sales coach on our team for various reasons. 1) She talked smack about multiple people constantly. Would blame everyone under her for the bad results 2) She was highly successful in selling and would help other people out by feeding them leads. THEN she would brag about them in meetings about how hard they worked all while making others feel bad. 3) Never offered sound advice or encouragement. Said that this job was all about " figuring it out," yet, was strictly controlling in how you were to approach the day even though the advice was losing advice. - Continually passes blame on to other people. - Sugar-coating a bitter reality rather than looking for creative solutions to problems. - Preaching of Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink, but literally not taking any advice that he offers for success - Lying about metrics to make things look could or fudge a stat towards a biased sway - Networking : so many loan officers and real estate agents that aren't working with Goosehead are simply fed up with the business model. New agents have an uphill battle to break in. - Leadership constantly preaching hard work and mental fortitude as a requirement for success... Yet, so much is just lip service to what worked 2 + years ago. - Saying and recognizing anything as a challenge puts you at odds with the entire leadership (everyone above you) and they consider you to be someone that doesn't work hard, has bad attitude, and is a stigma to their bad culture. - Super High Turnover. Everyone that leaves "just couldn't cut it" or " was a hiring mistake." - Disconnect between the values and ideas they espouse. ** Goosehead became a publicly traded company in May 2018. This is when they lost the sweet spot from being an awesome company for everyone and when the atmosphere began to change.

Continue reading

"A Company that values and rewards hard work. Truly a unique, great place to work."

Current Employee - Service Agent

I have been working at Goosehead Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, great hours, great company values, great work culture, your ideas are actually heard out and given feedback on. This job doesn’t require complex sales, the only thing you are selling is your knowledge and service to customers. This is company is extremely rare in the modern world, having a good attitude, working hard and consistently, wanting to betters those around and you’ll fit right in. Some reviews in here do not tell the full story. Work is always going to have to be done, and it has to get done. A lot of people with negative reviews either did not put the effort in, went against the grain with a negative attitude or simply wanted to coast and only put a minimum amount of effort in. Goosehead also has positions open that aren’t service based. You tell them how you want to succeed and they will get you there, not without hard work, but it’s very rare to see. Simply you get what you put in. You want to get a bonus, go get it! Also Saturday and Sunday off and most major holidays means more time for football!!

Cons

Can be stressful at moments, you must have basic phone skills if you don’t you will struggle. Critical thinking is a must this job requires you to think outside of the box. Insurance is complex and it is not easy, but it can easily be learned if you take the time. With every service job you must deal with upset clients and agents.

June 9, 2020Managing Director

Thank you for the review and we are happy to hear about your success on the service agent team. Keep it up!

8. "Tons of work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Southlake, TX

I have been working at Goosehead Insurance full-time

Pros

If you’re a hard worker you will enjoy this job

Cons

Tons of work and you will be under stress

June 9, 2020Managing Director

Thank you for the feedback. We will continue to make sure we have enough capacity as we continue to grow. Service agents are our top priority!

"Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Service Agent in Henderson, NV

I have been working at Goosehead Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

The environment is excellent; with each employee wanting to help others out and generally getting along with one another. The opportunity to grow and apply leadership is completely there, and your ability to lead is not hindered by the position you have. There is always support and resources available to help you grow and learn!

Cons

Lots of work. The beginning few months can be tremendously difficult, with times in which you may feel overwhelmed. However! There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and after the initial hump it feels like a much simpler and easier place to be.

April 15, 2020Managing Director

Thank you for the helpful feedback!

"The Woodlands, TX - Corporate Office"

Current Employee - Account Executive in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Goosehead Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

We have the BEST atmosphere and team of any other corp office in the company (Obviously I am a little bias) but still. I could not ask for a better work environment and support team to always have my back. There is no other sales roll out there that I know of that hires more selfless and helpful young people in the workforce.

Cons

Creating a network from the ground up is very challenging. So is learning all the in's an out's of not only insurance in general but info about the 30+ carriers we work with. With that being said, we have all the best tools to help you do that.

Found 337 reviews