Gordon Biersch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gordon Biersch

Prep Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gordon Biersch.

Interview

Rushed, but covered all bases. I was asked to come in around 6 o'clock at night, which I thought was odd because it was when a restaurant would be busy. However, there was a reason, both chefs needed to be in town to see me, which they wouldn't if they waited. I sat down with the chef, who asked me about my experience, some specifics about what I could cook, wanted to know if I was looking for a particular station or if I was comfortable anywhere they needed help. The interview was over in a few minutes because, well, chef needed to get back to work. It was painless, really it was all about finding out if they needed to train me or if I could just pick it up as I go.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about yourself.
      2) Do you know how to cook meat? Rare, Medium rare, well-done?
      3) Why should I hire you?
      1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gordon Biersch (New Orleans, LA) in June 2016.

Interview

Asked about experience, what salary I wanted, gave me a tour of the business, introduced me to various staff members. It was quick and easy and everyone seemed nice and easy to talk to.

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gordon Biersch (Bolingbrook, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online on indeed, the manager emailed me told me to come in for a interview. I came in for the interview a chef named Simon came and sat me at a table asked me a few questions about school my working experience how much was the pay and if I can do the job

Interview Questions

• how much are you willing to get paid   2 Answers

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gordon Biersch (Gilbert, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a week later, the interview process was Just a few simple questions not hard just basic explanations of the company and we'll contact you if needed.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gordon Biersch (Baltimore, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. Came in the first day and met with a manager, was told to come back again and ended up getting the job. They were very friendly and made me feel very comfortable and welcomed.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gordon Biersch (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

There should be no more then two interviews that will involve you speaking to both the general and associate managers working at your location. The attitude perceived is generally professional but without any stilted pretension. Environment is warm and welcoming, or at least that is what you *should* expect from both work-staff and management.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider the meaning of "Every guest every time"?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gordon Biersch (Glendale, AZ) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online and two days later, I was called for an interview. It was one on one and the lady that interviewed me was very nice. We sat at one of the tables, and it was pretty busy. She said she enjoyed the interview and that she was going to recommend me for a second interview. It's been almost three weeks and nothing. I even called back, but they told me they were still doing interviews.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty basic. How do you deal with rude customers? Tell me about yourself. Why Gordan Biersch?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gordon Biersch (Scottsdale, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

Was called and brought in for an interview. Spoke with two people and seemingly went well. Was told I would be contacted at beginning of week and didn't hear back until Thursday that they did not want to hire me.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gordon Biersch (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process was really simple and I felt at ease. I was interviewed twice and I got the job really fast. My friend got me an "in" at the job.

Busser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gordon Biersch (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

quick 1 on 1 interview about 5min. only went through the application. talked a little about the job unless i asked questions, which i did. at the end said they'd call if they're interested. they didnt call

Interview Questions

• What days/hours are you available?   1 Answer