Gordon Biersch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 12, 2017

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gordon Biersch

Prep Cook Interview

Interview

Process was quick. I applied & the chef called me for an interview. I interviewed with a sous chef, then came back another day to interview with the executive chef & then the general manager. I was over qualified for a prep cook position at a chain restaurant honestly, as I am a culinary school graduate. I called to follow up about a week after the interview and they said they would make a decision within the next few days. I never got a call back which I thought was extremely unprofessional. The least they could do is send me a rejection email because I was actively looking for work. Also odd that they didn't hire me because it is coming up on busy season so they could use experienced cooks & I have very strong interview skills.

Interview Questions

• All cooking experience related questions. None were difficult or took me by surprise.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gordon Biersch (Buffalo, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Very easy, very fast. He only asked about my availability. It took about 5 minutes. Honestly wish there were more questions about getting to know me and why I wanted to work there. The vibe was weird and once I left I decided that's not the type of place I want to work.

Prep Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gordon Biersch.

Interview

Rushed, but covered all bases. I was asked to come in around 6 o'clock at night, which I thought was odd because it was when a restaurant would be busy. However, there was a reason, both chefs needed to be in town to see me, which they wouldn't if they waited. I sat down with the chef, who asked me about my experience, some specifics about what I could cook, wanted to know if I was looking for a particular station or if I was comfortable anywhere they needed help. The interview was over in a few minutes because, well, chef needed to get back to work. It was painless, really it was all about finding out if they needed to train me or if I could just pick it up as I go.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about yourself.
      2) Do you know how to cook meat? Rare, Medium rare, well-done?
      3) Why should I hire you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gordon Biersch (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was standard and nothing out of the ordinary. When I started I first met the sous chef who interviewed me first, followed up by the GM, and lastly the executive chef.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a restaurant before?   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gordon Biersch (New Orleans, LA) in June 2016.

Interview

Asked about experience, what salary I wanted, gave me a tour of the business, introduced me to various staff members. It was quick and easy and everyone seemed nice and easy to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gordon Biersch (Bolingbrook, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online on indeed, the manager emailed me told me to come in for a interview. I came in for the interview a chef named Simon came and sat me at a table asked me a few questions about school my working experience how much was the pay and if I can do the job

Interview Questions

• how much are you willing to get paid   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gordon Biersch (Gilbert, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a week later, the interview process was Just a few simple questions not hard just basic explanations of the company and we'll contact you if needed.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gordon Biersch (Baltimore, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. Came in the first day and met with a manager, was told to come back again and ended up getting the job. They were very friendly and made me feel very comfortable and welcomed.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gordon Biersch (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

There should be no more then two interviews that will involve you speaking to both the general and associate managers working at your location. The attitude perceived is generally professional but without any stilted pretension. Environment is warm and welcoming, or at least that is what you *should* expect from both work-staff and management.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider the meaning of "Every guest every time"?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gordon Biersch (Glendale, AZ) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online and two days later, I was called for an interview. It was one on one and the lady that interviewed me was very nice. We sat at one of the tables, and it was pretty busy. She said she enjoyed the interview and that she was going to recommend me for a second interview. It's been almost three weeks and nothing. I even called back, but they told me they were still doing interviews.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty basic. How do you deal with rude customers? Tell me about yourself. Why Gordan Biersch?   Answer Question