Gracious Home Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Gracious Home

2.4

Buying Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gracious Home (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted via e-mail after applying through a school portal for internships/jobs. I first met with the HR Rep and was asking basic interview questions following this I then had an interview with 2 Senior Buyers the same day, they asked basic interview questions as well and told me more about themselves and the company, I was supposed to also meet with DMM but she didn't have time.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gracious Home (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I met with human resource first then interview with the CFO and controller. Process was standard. Took around 1.5 hour from start to finish. Everyone I encounter during interview was extremely nice.

Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gracious Home (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Went for interview, HR went into board meeting, left me with intern who was clueless, bored and yawning to interview me. No one else came or contacted me. VERY rude people! I found whole thing unconscionable!

Interview Questions

• From an intern What is your experience? like she would know?   Answer Question

Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Gracious Home (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

initial contact was via the phone, had a couple of phone interviews. In person interview was with 3 different people, lots of waiting time in between. They also made me fill out an on-line personality assessment and called 4 references.

Interview Questions

• why are you looking to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

they gave an offer, i countered and they accepted

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gracious Home (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Roll Play. Manager pretended he was a customer. I had to help him. I showed him the benefits of the product. How he could get the maximum benefits from it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gracious Home (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

very brief, few questions, met the HR Director first, very inexperience. Met with store manager afterwards, storre manager interview was much better, he seemed to know what he was talking about, very personable, the HR Director was a Ice Queen and not rela.relatable. Spoke with her about 10 minutes and the manager for aboutn 20 miinutes. Was callled in abourt one week, accepted the position and started after the background check had cleared. t

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, how do you approach a customer, how to get the customer to purchase more than plan, how to close the sale, customer followup, goals for the future.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I knew the salary range before accepting the position so there wasn't too much negotiation required.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gracious Home in July 2011.

Interview

i met with a human resources person downtown first. she spent about half hour with me asking questions, mostly about my previous work experience. She then called me back and set me up with an interview at one of the stores. There i was interview in a little office by the store manager and the manager of the department i would be working in. i then received a call back about a day or two later with an offer. i accepted.

Negotiation

there was no negotiation. they told me what they would offer, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gracious Home (New York, NY) in August 2008.

Interview

I was interviewd by 3 people in one day. Everyone was very friendly and warm. They where looking for someone who can be approachable and uphold a high stardard of customer service.

Interview Questions

• How would you hand a unsatisfied customer?   1 Answer

N/A Interview

Interview

Detailed

Negotiation

Normal

Design Manager Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gracious Home (New York, NY).

Interview

I got interviewed by one person at the beginning she was working for 6 months and she asked me questions and I show her my work. After that, she told me to wait and she brought out two people one the art director and the other the marketing manager. The art director was cool, but the marketing manager looked like she didn't like me. The art director told me that I was supposed to help the marketing manager with the over flow of work that they have because he doesn't have time to help her out. They told me that every 5 minutes is a deadline depending on the signage and the sizes of each one. At the end, I got interviewed by three people o.o Finally they told me they will call me and they will let me know if I fit for what they looking for.

Interview Questions

• How fast do you work? What is your weakness? Can you finish different projects at a fast space environment? How much do you want us to pay you? How you done this before? On scale of 1 to 10 how good is your typography?   Answer Question