Graeters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Graeters

Ice Cream Scooper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Graeters (Louisville, KY) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was extremely easy. All I was asked was where I qenr to school, and what service hours I did. Its good you do different type of service so they know you're versatile.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Graeters (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I was asked why I wanted to work there, and told the benefits and cons of working there. I was explained how the scheduling would go and explained how the one I applied for was more fast pace then the others.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking to work here for the long way or just temporary?   Answer Question

Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Graeters.

Interview

This interview process was very casual. I talked with the manager about my past experience and why I wanted to work at Graeter's. I received a phone call the next day that I got the job. The interview took place in the shop. A lot of the time was the manager talking

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Fort Mitchell, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Graeters (South Fort Mitchell, KY) in April 2013.

Interview

I submitted an application online and was contacted to come into the store for an interview. I had the interview and was offered the jobs couple days later. Very simple process free of stress. I recommend all companies do it this quickly. It was also a very relaxed interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Graeters (Columbus, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

The first day that school let out, I was on the lookout for a new job. I stopped by Graeter's on a slow time of day and met with the manager. I asked for an application and instead the manager asked if I had time for an on-the-spot interview. I was sort of scared; I was wearing white short shorts and a black tank top. Definitely not interview appropriate. However, he interviewed me and asked me a bunch of questions, like a sentence describing yourself and 3 adjectives your friends would describe you as and what my school schedule was like. I was hired on the spot and, honestly, it's been a great experience.

Interview Questions

• "Describe yourself in one sentence."
      Pretty difficult because you don't want to sound cocky and you don't want to sound lame. Just a heads up.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate- honestly, I was just happy to have a job again and be in a new work environment!

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Graeters (Westerville, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

The major determining factors are availability and personality. What they look for is someone who can work during the school week and close most nights. They also look for someone who has experience in leadership regardless of employment or extracurricular. A big factor is how personable you are. If you desire a job at Graeters, try and be as friendly and outgoing as possible. Those are the keys to getting a job.

Interview Questions

• A manager may ask you to try and sell them something say a pen, for instance. Take careful note of the characteristics of the item and use them to "sell" it to them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Graeters (Westerville, OH) in August 2010.

Interview

Interview was very easy. Basically just talked about my personality in different situations, got off topic a few times. The process from turning in my application to getting the interview and job took extremely long. I had to get a friend that worked there to write a note on my application to get in. It still took weeks and weeks to get the interview, kept stopping in the store to check with manager on the status of my application.

Interview Questions

• If the line is out the door and pressure is on, do you work harder or freeze?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Not even a discussion about the pay. I had no idea what my pay was until I got my first check.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Graeters (Columbus, OH) in May 2010.

Interview

Easy, asked a few questions and hired me on the spot and gave a day for training. You could tell that the company really cares for the customer. They pride themselves on having the best service in their stores. They also are known for having the best quality ice cream, using the finest ingredients, and utilizing the most efficient way to prepare the ice cream using french pots.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Graeters.

Interview

Pretty much all when you get the call you're already hired. You have an interview set up, come in discuss your future wages, uniform, training days and so on and so forth. They show you the ropes of how to run the business, do customer service, making the special treats, work registers. Easy stuff, you learn as you go.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really was no negotiation. It was more like "if you get the call you're already hired" the interview is more like an informative thing.