Grand Lux Cafe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Grand Lux Cafe

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grand Lux Cafe (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Relaxed interview. Questions about where I worked and situations that arise in the restaurant industry and how to handle them. Interviewed with the assistant Gm. Talked about the training program. It's a 2 week training program

Pastry/Desert Finisher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grand Lux Cafe (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

applied online, process took about a month and a half, i went in for interview almost immediately after the call. It was very easy questions i answered them honestly and he seemed to like me.

Interview Questions

• standard interview questions. They asked if i had experience in a bakery. Why did i choose the grand lux.   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grand Lux Cafe.

Interview

I came into the front desk to ask if they were hiring. A hostess told me they were and to bring in my resume.

A few days later I brought it in and a the floor manager greeted me asked me a few simple questions "customer service experience, what's hours I was looking for, etc" then he went to the back to get the General Manager.

Not sure if I walked in on interview day but I was interviewed right there and then offered the job.

I came in a few days later to get trained as a hostess. After a few months I asked to be a food runner and then a few weeks after that I asked to become a Cashier. Both regular training, and a test to make sure you know the plating protocol.

Smile. And if you know how you like to be treated as a customer, I find that working in customer service is pretty easy.

Server Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Grand Lux Cafe in June 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed for only 15 mins but I'm getting an interview tomorrow with a general manager name Chris. Am really nervous for tomorrow so I hope I get hired! 😌

Interview Questions

• what position your going for?   1 Answer

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Lux Cafe (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I talked with the kitchen manager, side by side near the front on a bar stool about 5 minutes. He was very polite, direct, wanted to know a little of my experience in the work industry. I gave him concise and honest answers, therefore being hired on the spot. Seems like decent people to work with, and am looking forward to it.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in the restaurant business?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Interview

They ask you about you previous experience as a server or waitress or waiter if you have any. They ask you what personality traits or characteristics or qualities you have that would make you a good server and what qualities you can contribute as a team member. They also ask you about your reliability and your future goals.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Lux Cafe.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call within a week.
    Two interviews: one with the store manager and the head manager. They were both really friendly and made the interview short, straightforward, and easy. Got a call the next day to come in for training.
    They love to see a friendly face will definitely hire you if you come in with an upbeat and happy attitude.

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Lux Cafe (Paramus, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by three different manager, the process was a length of 2 weeks, I continuously had to call ask about my interviews because by the day they said they'd call me they'd forget.

Interview Questions

• "tell me about yourself, why would you be good for the position, ect."   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grand Lux Cafe (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online which was a long process because the assessments at the end were very long. After I submited the application and assessments the next day I got called for an interview. I talked to a woman about the reason why I chose Grand Lux Cafe and she also went over my availability. After that she invited me in for a in person interview the very next day. I arrived at the restaurant 15 minutes before my interview was scheduled. I waited awhile for the interview to start. The manager took me over to a booth and we started the interview. VERY basic questions. Why do you want to work here? Do you have any questions for me? Etc. He went over my avaliablity with me too and seemed very positive about it. He wrapped up the SHORT interview by explaining what the next steps were in the hiring process. He said that he would call on a certain day to offer the position, but if you do not receive a call they decided to proceed with another candidate. (This is when I figured I didn't get the position. I figured he would have offered me the position then) The day came and I never got a call. Make sure you smile! I feel maybe this was the reason I didn't get offered the position I was feelig off interview day.

Line Cook Interview

Interview

A few questions and then got hired on the spot.