Grand Lux Cafe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Grand Lux Cafe

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Lux Cafe (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call, and had a phone call interview. Then they scheduled an in-person interview. I spoke with one Manager and then finished it with the general manager. They asked multiple questions including my background, rules/regulations, how you are when you work under pressure and scenario of dealing with a customer. There were other questions as well. Then they told me what type of characteristics they look for in this position, and what the job tasks will be.

Interview Questions

• On a scale from 1- 10, how important are rules and regulation in an establishment? Explain your reasoning.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle this situation where you gave a booth to another group and had to tell the customer they had to wait longer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Lux Cafe (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Training takes about a month long but besides that, they adequately vet and prepare you for the workplace culture at the grand lux. The hiring manager is a very cool guy and lets you know whether or not you'd truly like to be an employee there.

Interview Questions

• Where was the last place you worked?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Grand Lux Cafe (Cherry Hill, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Met with Freddy. Always smiled and asked questions, in which being in the restaurant industry for about 10 years was very easy and self explanatory. Friendly man. Works hard. Cares about employees and sees so much potential in those who don't see it in themselves. If you're given the opportunities the position, it's him welcoming to the family. I never felt so comfortable and sure of my position and goals now.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you? (looking in my eyes so he can read me, I know it lol)   1 Answer
    • What makes you different than everybody else? Why should I hire you particularly?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grand Lux Cafe (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Relaxed interview. Questions about where I worked and situations that arise in the restaurant industry and how to handle them. Interviewed with the assistant Gm. Talked about the training program. It's a 2 week training program

Pastry/Desert Finisher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grand Lux Cafe (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

applied online, process took about a month and a half, i went in for interview almost immediately after the call. It was very easy questions i answered them honestly and he seemed to like me.

Interview Questions

• standard interview questions. They asked if i had experience in a bakery. Why did i choose the grand lux.   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grand Lux Cafe.

Interview

I came into the front desk to ask if they were hiring. A hostess told me they were and to bring in my resume.

A few days later I brought it in and a the floor manager greeted me asked me a few simple questions "customer service experience, what's hours I was looking for, etc" then he went to the back to get the General Manager.

Not sure if I walked in on interview day but I was interviewed right there and then offered the job.

I came in a few days later to get trained as a hostess. After a few months I asked to be a food runner and then a few weeks after that I asked to become a Cashier. Both regular training, and a test to make sure you know the plating protocol.

Smile. And if you know how you like to be treated as a customer, I find that working in customer service is pretty easy.

Server Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Grand Lux Cafe in June 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed for only 15 mins but I'm getting an interview tomorrow with a general manager name Chris. Am really nervous for tomorrow so I hope I get hired! 😌

Interview Questions

• what position your going for?   1 Answer

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Lux Cafe (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I talked with the kitchen manager, side by side near the front on a bar stool about 5 minutes. He was very polite, direct, wanted to know a little of my experience in the work industry. I gave him concise and honest answers, therefore being hired on the spot. Seems like decent people to work with, and am looking forward to it.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in the restaurant business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grand Lux Cafe (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Apply online and keep checking back for an interview by calling the restaurant. They called me for a phone interview and then there were several in person. One with a manager and one with the general manager. I probably spoke with 4 managers by the end of it.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Interview

They ask you about you previous experience as a server or waitress or waiter if you have any. They ask you what personality traits or characteristics or qualities you have that would make you a good server and what qualities you can contribute as a team member. They also ask you about your reliability and your future goals.