Graphic Packaging International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.9

Press Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Graphic Packaging International (Wausau, WI).

Interview

4 people interview asking lots of questions. Lots of character questions and mindset and right and wrong questions. They took lots of turns asking a variety of questions. Some were about experience with machinery, but most were personality related.

Interview Questions

• What's one of your worst qualities.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotioation

Technical Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Graphic Packaging International (Kalamazoo, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Found the job posting on LinkedIn .Had a phone interview with the recruiter who was in Atlanta, GA, Then a phone interview with the HR representative in Kalamazoo. The third step was a group panel interview at the mill, with five people from the mill. Should have had a mill tour, but they hired someone else before the tour was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a situation that I did not handle correctly, and what I did to fix it and/or be sure I would not do the same thing in the future.   1 Answer

Finishing Helper Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Graphic Packaging International.

Interview

Slow hiring process when I applied took a few weeks to be contacted back for tour and tests
    Few weeks later informed that I will be interviewed
    Then after the interview job offer contingent on drug and physical test.
    Easy interview overall, asked basic questions. No retarded personality questions. Interview was with a bunch of supervisors so it isn't one on one.

Senior Process Control Engineer Macon, GA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Graphic Packaging International (Macon, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Overall process was excellent, A phone interview lead to an onsite interview with excellent accommodations. They were also respectful of my time and my existing job commitments. In less than 3 days, I had an offer. If the personal details could have been worked out, I would still be there!

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Graphic Packaging International in April 2016.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn. I had a phone screen with the HR person, followed by a phone interview with another HR person and an engineer at the plant I would potentially work at. They asked me to drive to their facility (about 4 hrs away) to interview with the same HR person plus 3 more engineers. I was asked about 8-10 questions about previous job experiences, give me a time when..., etc. I was given a tour of the plant, then told I would hear back in about 2 weeks, and they would reimburse me for mileage.
    I sent a thank you email and my total mileage for the trip the following day. They told me to hang tight and I would hear back soon. 5 weeks have passed and i haven't heard anything or gotten my mileage reimbursement. I got another job offer shortly after, but I would have liked to have heard back so I could compare offers and pick the job and company that fit me best.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a disagreement with someone in charge.   Answer Question

Shift Labor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Graphic Packaging International.

Interview

It was good and the people was nice and I like how they do there job with the people. Felt like I was at home and they made me feel welcome. They did have me there very long and they ask me basic questions. Easy to answer. The when it was all over we ate

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Monroe, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Graphic Packaging International (West Monroe, LA) in August 2015.

Interview

I received a call from their corporate office for a phone screen interview. 2 weeks later I had another phone interview with the HR and an engineer. They asked basic interviewing questions with one behavior based question. A week later, HR schedule an in-house interview.

Two weeks later, my in-house interview was started. I checked in with security and HR, then they gave me a full plant tour showing me the fundamental processes of the plant. I spoke with HR to discuss benefits and following the HR interview, I was interviewed by a panel of engineering supervisors as well as the HR supervisor. Every question they asked was a behavior based question besides the "get to you know you" question. Following the panel interview, two engineers took me on a lunch interview. The lunch interview was very casual and gives the interviewer the opportunity to ask questions related to the position. I had one final interview with the engineering supervisor and the HR supervisor where they asked me one behavior based questions and two questions that were specific to the interviewer. Overall, good experience and very professional process. This was one of the most professional companies I have ever interviewed with.

Finishing Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Graphic Packaging International (Portland, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

First, a group of potential hires were brought in to tour the plant, and then we were all tested (paper, multiple choice) in five areas: mechanical aptitude, math, communications, perception speed, spacial awareness (there might have been a sixth test, but I can't remember).

After that, I was called to schedule an interview. It was a panel interview with four people. They each took turns asking me about 15 questions. The standard, boring stuff 'why do you want to work here,' 'what's your past look like,' etc. I didn't prepare at all for this, and had a really, awful interview. Stumped on answers, had to come back to a few, and sit there and think through my answers. Other than that, I suppose it would have been an okay interview.

Interview Questions

• What are two areas you could improve upon (school or work)?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Graphic Packaging International (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interview was alright. First screening was via phone interview. This was then followed by on-site interview with the team. On-site interview was however very long. It took almost 4 hours for the entire interview.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Graphic Packaging International (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Wow! The process took about three months total. Several face to face meetings, phone screenings, and video interviews. The HR department at this company moves very slow and saves face by saying they want to be sure the candidate is the "right fit". Horrible communication and strange political atmosphere, no thanks, I'll go work for Burger King.

Interview Questions

• Describe the company using adjectives!   1 Answer