Great Southern Bancorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Great Southern Bancorp Interview Questions

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Great Southern Bancorp

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Great Southern Bancorp in March 2016.

Interview

Went in for a interview laid back environment was hired on the spot.Just wanted to see how your personality fits with other bankers talked a lot about the stl area the bank is really close knit with its neighbors gave a opportunity to witness customer interaction and see how you respond to everyone

Interview Questions

• Why is sales important and what are ways you would pitch a product to a customer   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Great Southern Bancorp.

Interview

Normal interview process. They called me about 2 days after my application was put in. Scheduled an interview. Had the interview, then took a drug test. A few days later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with conflict on the job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your proudest achievement?   Answer Question
    • What three character traits would your friends use to describe you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Great Southern Bancorp (Edina, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Manager interviews, asks question about previous customer service experience, great manager at the branch level. After the interview and you are offered a position, you are required to take a drug test. then you go to training for 2 weeks

Anonymous Employee in Branson, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Southern Bancorp (Branson, MO).

Interview

Slow hiring process, but very friendly recruiters. Expect to wait a month before hire date. Managers are very pleasant. They made the job worthwhile. Tests are simple if you've been in banking. No college necessary. They have low standards for hiring and for that reason people are in and out so quickly. Turnaround is insane.

Interview Questions

• Training was too quick and we were not thoroughly taught the products, after years in banking, this was the poorest training I ever had.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I thought about not taking it because the pay was too low, but jobs were few to be had at the time.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Great Southern Bancorp (Springfield, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview was as expected. We went through my resume and talked about the core values of the company. The interview ended abruptly and I received an offer the next day.

Loan Servicing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Great Southern Bancorp (Springfield, MO) in March 2012.

Interview

Long waiting process. I applied for one position and they offered me something totally different.

Interview Questions

• They asked me where I saw myself in ___ years, classic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was unable to negotiate. They offered me the hourly wage, take it or leave it.

Consumer Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Southern Bancorp (Springfield, MO) in June 2010.

Interview

Interview went well. I was basically told the job was mine and I had to speak with a General Manger for the region. I was told I would be contacted in a couple of days, if I didn't hear back then I should contact the office. I called several times and was finally told they decided to hire someone from within. Was a little frustrating since they didn't follow through with what they told me they would do.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't really asked a lot of questions. Was asked to detail my experience and then the manager did most of the talking   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sioux City, IA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Great Southern Bancorp (Sioux City, IA) in October 2009.

Interview

I had one interview and it went fine. I researched interview questions online, practiced them and then used the answers in different ways during my interview. Everything went very well and I expect an offer from this company.