Cover image for Greenhouse Software

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Greenhouse Software Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 419 of over 419 interviews

Recruiter13%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Greenhouse Software

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software

Interview

The most psychotic thing I've encountered. They made me go through TEN (yes, 10) interviews to then tell me that they decided to not hire at all for the position at that time and that they would reach out immediately after the position was open because they really wanted to hire me. That is straight up diabolical and a giant waste of not only my time but also their employees, who I assume don't have anything better to do. That was late 2019 so, clearly a lie. Most of the people I spoke with were plain weird, they probably thought the same about me, I guess. Seems like a factory of cogs incapable of independent, critical thinking. Whoever wants to give this absurdity a shot, I advise you demand transparency from the get go.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here? It was a long time ago and I just recalled this experience, I don't remember specifics.
    Answer Question

Greenhouse Software

Application

I interviewed at Greenhouse Software in Jan 2023

Interview

So it was the initial conversation with a Talent Acquisition Manager, Lauren. I am very disappointed with the experience especially the type of software they are selling to companies. No update on where I stood in the process. So much on transparency smh.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Greenhouse Software

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software

Interview

1st - 20 min recruiter phone call 2nd - 30 min hiring manager phone call 3rd - Take home assignment (easy to complete) 4th - 3 hour long zoom panel with breaks

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Greenhouse Software

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software in Dec 2022

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and recruiter got in touch. Had an initial phone conversation with the recruiter where they explained the role and asked about my experience. I found it slightly odd that the recruiter asked me a technical question in the phone screen: 1) What are hashmaps? 2) What would you do if a query is slow? Also asked what I feel about diversity, equity and inclusion. Next up, a live coding session was scheduled with one of the engineers. Super sweet interviewer and she really eased me into the whole interview. I solved a javascript problem on codesignal. Due to shortage of time I could only do 2 parts. Unfortunately, I didn't make it through that because I'm not an expert JS coder. But the interviewer was super nice and also gave me feedback. The recruiter later reached out with further feedback through email and communicated the rejection. Happy with my experience interviewing.

Interview Questions
  • Recruiter Phone Screen: 1) What are hashmaps? 2) What would you do if a query is slow? Live Coding: 1) Given some textual data in a variable, parse it and store it in an object and print it out in a particular format. Sort it, filter it and do some other stuff with it.

Greenhouse Software

Application

I interviewed at Greenhouse Software

Interview

Arduous and time consuming. They are using us applicants as free test subjects to assist in training their employees on the software product they sell…A product which assists other companies with hiring. What better way for Greenhouse employees to gain firsthand experience of their product than to have an unending stream of applicants at their disposal to toy with and waste about a month of their lives. Half the people I met with were “nice”. The other half bordered on snobby to contrived to condescending.

Interview Questions
  • What personality traits do you think are important for the CS Specialist role?

Greenhouse Software

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software

Interview

Process was smooth. Phone Screen Recruiter. Hiring Manager short call. The onsite consisted of a cross functional interview with 2 members of other teams, a more in depth interview with a memeber of the technical consulting team as well as a more senior manager

Interview Questions
  • 1. When making calls to the Harvest API, what is the purpose of including an “On-Behalf-Of” user ID? Which of the following action types do you think is most important to include this header: a) creating, b) reading, c) updating, d) deleting data. 2. What API call(s) would you make to create a job and populate all of its custom fields? 3. How might you add an employee as the hiring manager to a job, given only their company’s employee ID? 4. The status of a job (open, draft, or closed) is strictly a function of its openings. If there is at least one opening with a status of “open”, then the job status is open. If all of a job’s openings are closed, then the job status is closed. Given that a job cannot be directly closed via PATCH: Update Job, what sequence of API call(s) would you make to close a job? 5. When would GET: Retrieve Application be used versus GET: List Applications? Why are there two different endpoints to get applications? 6. How would you retrieve all offers for a candidate with email address test@greenhouse.io? 7. Let’s say a customer wants to create a new employee record in a downstream system, instantly upon a candidate being hired in Greenhouse. What method would you recommend to them for doing so? 8. In addition to creating the new employee record above, the customer wants to save the candidate’s resume attachment to an external system. Where would you find that? 9. A customer is using an external system to securely save and audit all approved (i.e. accepted) offer letters in Greenhouse. What are two different approaches you might take to send this data to the external system, either in real-time or on a scheduled basis? 10. Because customers’ employees log in to Greenhouse in order to apply to internal jobs, it’s sometimes helpful to match their candidate record with their user account. How might you determine whether a Greenhouse user has an existing candidate profile in the system?

Greenhouse Software

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software

Interview

The process was very transparent and structured. Started with a 15 min phone screening with a recruiter who asked questions about what DE&I meant to me and explained in detail the role/salary/schedule. Next step was a 30 min phone interview with a team manager who asked questions to learn more about you work/learning style. After that I was sent an assignment that took about an hour to complete. Next was a 2 1/2 hour zoom interview where I first met with a member of the HR team, Then interviewed with a team lead, then a fellow Support Specialist. The last 15 mins of the interview I met with the recruiter to speak more about benefits and she asked me a few more HR related questions. I thoroughly enjoyed everyone I spoke with except for the Team Lead, who just seemed very indifferent during the interview. I was able to connect with everyone I spoke with except for the team lead, Which lead me to not be able to preform my best during that interview and not move on to the next round.

Interview Questions
  • How you reach your goals, Tell me about a team member you admire, A time when you had to make a difficult decision, Why the support role is so important

Greenhouse Software

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software in Nov 2022

Interview

Interviewing at Greenhouse was an okay experience for me. Although I enjoyed interviewing with everyone, the process seemed iffy with me. The initial interview felt like a full blown interview rather than a conversation about my background and the position and company to see if I was the right fit. The person who I interviewed with really liked me and moved me forward to do an assignment. It had been several days and no one sent out an assignment so I had to send out an email asking if I was still being considered or not. I eventually was emailed the assignment. Like what others have said in their reviews, the assignment was definitely a little tedious. People need to be paid for their time doing the assignment given it takes roughly over 2 hours of your free time to complete. Then there was a "hunger" interview with a manager which I was definitely was nervous about but felt like I didn't do too bad on. It sucks to be rejected after putting so much of my time studying for the interviews and doing the assignment, and especially in this job market, but there are so many other amazing tech companies out there.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software (New York, NY) in Nov 2022

Interview

1) Call with one the managers - quite typical questions 2) Take home exercise - 2 emails 3) Zoom call with SDR manager 4) Zoom call - Meet multiple people (manager, recruiting team, SDR) Overall I had a great experience. It's a very flexible and standardized approach to interviewing. Some questions were quite random but definitely answerable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software (Dublin, Dublin) in Nov 2022

Interview

Super structured interview process, where I had the chance to chat with recruiter, hiring manager, and a senior expert. The third interview was perfectly structured with beginning and ending time for each step.

Interview Questions
  • Previous work experiences How I manage my time at work Tools that I use at work Specific challenges I faced at work
Viewing 1 - 10 of 419 Interviews

Greenhouse Software Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Greenhouse Software as 70.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.16 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Customer Success Manager and Sales Development Representative rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customer Support Specialist and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Greenhouse Software takes an average of 22 days when considering 454 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 19 days), whereas Customer Success Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 25 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Greenhouse Software according to 454 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 28.23%