Greenhouse Software Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 305 of over 305 interviews

Recruiter8%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Application

Interview

A long process that took just about a month to complete. Consisted of a screening call, 30-minute interview, a take-home assignment, 3-hour interview, and lastly a 30-minute interview with the director.

Interview Questions
  • What will you bring to greenhouse?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Leander, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software (Leander, TX) in Oct 2021

Interview

The interview process at Greenhouse was the best I’ve ever been through, albeit the longest. In total, the process lasted about 5 weeks and included: a recruiter interview, hiring manager interview, assignment, multi-stage virtual “on-site,” and finally an executive interview. Every single person I interviewed with was on-time, kind, welcoming and seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. At every stage, I got more and more excited about the idea of working at Greenhouse as I learned more about their culture of inclusivity, flexibility and compassion. They’re incredibly committed to fair and equal hiring, which they themselves demonstrate by having standardized interview questions, asked by a diverse group of interviewers. My recruiter, Sam, was amazing from start to finish. He was professional but also super friendly, courteous and communicative. I never went more than 3 business days without hearing from him. While the interview process at Greenhouse can feel grueling at times, it also felt like every step was put in place with intention. I’m grateful that they gave me ample time to learn about the opportunity so I could come to the informed and confident decision that this is the right place for me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

180 Comments

Join the conversation on

Greenhouse Software

Application

I interviewed at Greenhouse Software

Interview

I had a phone screen with HR and a few emails. They offered for me to interview with the team manager. I looked up the manager before I agreed to the interview only to discover that their manager barely had any experience in the field - maybe 5 years. The HR team was friendly, but I still withdrew my application and left insulted that they thought I'd want to work for a team manager who had much less experience/education than I did. They also warned me that they had a very lengthy interview process that included 4-5 stages - the most time consuming of any company that I've been interviewing with - and expressed concern at my salary ask which no other company has done far. They just seemed to be out of touch with the current job market and to have very little to offer to interest an experienced candidate.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

I came across the job posting on Linkedin when it's first available and immediately applied. Received an email from the recruiter the next day to have a screening, then moved on to have a chat with the current team member. In 2 weeks I finished the take-home challenge (a mixture of SQL + analytic scenarios) and was invited to virtual onsite (about 4 hours, hiring manager take-home assignment showcase, cross-functional team chat, cultural add interview, and another live technical interview). It was a long process, but I really enjoy the whole experience! I was never left in the dark by recruiters. They always responded back to me in 48 hours, and everybody was so nice to talk to.

Interview Questions
  • Quite reasonable, mostly behavioral-based. I did not feel stressed at all when talking to them, time flew by so fast.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software (Tallahassee, FL) in Sep 2021

Interview

The interview process first deals with a resume screen, then phone interview with a potential colleague, followed by an interview with the potential manager. After those initial rounds, I was tasked with presenting a software/app to others in different departments, spoke with a separate team about culture add, and then a separate department representative concluded with case studies that parallel the role to which I was applying. The final interview will discuss nuanced efforts regarding communication, collaboration, and time management with my would-be direct supervisor.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time in your experience in which you had to multi-task competing priorities between what you were working on and something new being asked of you?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software (New York, NY) in Sep 2021

Interview

A recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn, then I moved through a four-part interview process. The first two rounds were a fifteen minute screen with the interviewer and a thirty minute screen with the department's manager. At this stage, the conversations centered around my work experience and values. I always had a good deal of time was made for me to ask questions, and the interviewers gave thoughtful answers. The third round was a take-home technical test centered around SQL and some applied analytics questions. There weren't curve-balls or trick questions, and nothing was especially abstract -- I was presented with realistic business scenarios and asked how I would approach them. For this portion, I recommend being sure that you're not too rusty on your SQL or on analysis language of choice, Python or R. The final round was a digital on-site. One portion was a presentation of my take-home technical, one was live-coding in SQL, one focused on my approach to cross-functional collaboration, and one centered around how I relate to the company's values. Again, just make sure you're up to speed on your basic skills. I spent some time reviewing the work I did on the take-home before the presentation, and anywhere I felt my process had been rushed or strange or mistaken, I made a point to own it. A final point. It's an interview cliche, but it actually applies here -- be yourself. This has not generally been the case for me in tech interviewers, but with Greenhouse every time I took a risk in being sincere or authentic, the interviewers respected me for it and met me there.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about your approach to cross-functional work, and give examples from your career.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software (Portland, OR) in Sep 2021

Interview

The interview process was great. Lengthy, but very involved and all very purposeful. The company values people and individual personalities heavily. They also like to nurture collaboration and communication. I felt very valued and heard. Started with an initial interview with the hiring manager. Completed take-home assessment relevant to the role. The next step was a long group interview with nine members of the team. The final potential step is a chat with the CMO.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think some of the biggest challenges of the role will be?

Greenhouse Software

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software in Sep 2021

Interview

The process started off with an initial conversion with an engineering manager, mostly questions about background and experience with a few simple technical questions. Then there was a technical screening with an engineer going over basic data parsing problems. After that, I was invited for a virtual "on-site", consisting of 5 or so interviews, some being technical and some being more behavioral. For the technical ones, they seemed very grounded and relevant, and were not just Leetcode problems you have to memorize. I was given the option of either doing them all in one day or spreading them out over multiple days, which I thought was incredibly accommodating. I was also sent a very detailed agenda letting me exactly what each interview would consist of which really helped me in preparing. Overall a very great interview process! Only complaint would be the whole process was a little long with 7+ interviews, but that is not that unheard of nowadays.

Interview Questions
  • What is the best-case time complexity of getting an element from a hash table

Greenhouse Software

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software

Interview

Ironically bad experience with this application process. A recruiter reached out to me to schedule an interview. I scheduled the interview and saw that I would be interviewing with a software engineer. I responded to the recruiter, asking if it would be a technical interview. I emailed her twice and never heard back. On their website, they say that the first interview is with a recruiter, so I went into this interview with that assumption. The interview did end up being somewhat technical. Seemed more like a hiring manager type interview than a recruiter interview. She seemed pretty uninterested in the conversation. I got rejected, and emailed the recruiter back how soon would be appropriate to reapply after I touch up on some of the technical skills. Again - no response. Overall just didn't go as I would've expected from a recruiting/hiring company.

Interview Questions
  • What is the time complexity for adding something to a hash table
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software (Dublin, Dublin)

Interview

The interview process consisted of the following steps: 1) An intro call with the recruiter; 2) A written assessment; 3) An interview with the hiring manager; 4) 3 interviews with peers, stakeholders, and the hiring manager. My experience interviewing at Greenhouse was very positive and I certainly feel like I would really enjoy working there. I say this because of the product, the company mission, and especially because of the people I met during the process. I found the values and the culture they have created inspiring and real. A big thumbs up to the whole team! Greenhouse looks like an awesome place to work.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral questions related to the management of projects, people, and escalations.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 305 Interviews