Greenhouse Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

The process was incredibly structured and consisted of a phone call, 4 hour on-site interview and 1 hour presentation.

Greenhouse does a great job at making people feel welcome and comfortable! I had the opportunity to speak with a number of folks across different departments and everyone was friendly, transparent and helpful.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you lost a deal. How did you follow up?"

"Explain to me a time when you witnessed somebody not being treated right/included in a group. What did you do about it?"   Answer Question

People Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software (New York, NY).

Interview

Greenhouse runs an excellent interview process and is one that most companies should strive to emulate. I was disappointed when ultimately not chosen for the role but understood the company’s reasoning and felt they did a great job of making me feel it was sincere. The take home assignment was challenging but broad enough to take it in the direction I wanted. Interviews were all structured well and interviewers were all friendly and personable. Jenna and Alexis (recruiting) were great and on top of it!

Steps -
    Recruiter screen
    Hiring manager screen
    Take home assignment
    Onsite interview - 6 interviews with various team members

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions. Similar to questions mentioned in other reviews here.   Answer Question

Associate Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The entire process took about 4 weeks, with an initial phone interview, a follow up phone interview, a take-home assignment, and a final skype interview. It was overall a really pleasant process, everyone was really great throughout.

Interview Questions

• Describe an ethical dilemma you went through and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard phone interview with recruiter for cultural fit. Then onsite interview with a few people from engineering and design team. Had about 3 different sessions and it only took like half the day. I had to follow up to get a response because I had another offer on the table. Ended up getting rejected.

Interview Questions

• Their coding problems started easy and continued to increase in difficulty until they had problems about meta programming in ruby. They also asked a lot about the efficiency of the code I wrote.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Two half an hour phone conversations with senior devs and half a day (3.5-4 hours) on site interview. Beeing a maker of software to help track hiring process, they followed their interview script with several prepared tasks. It was refreshing that the interview tasks were to be solved on a computer, not white board. However the whole interview felt mechanical, non-personal and left little time to talk about anything - the company, what do they want to achieve, how they work, or about me and how I can help. The interview problems themselves, while not difficult, were somewhat tedious but did not cover much ground and didn't seem to be designed to spark interesting conversations. No communication after the interview seems to be the norm, but is rather disappointing still. Some feedback would be appreciated, but at least be polite and say something at the end of the process, even if it's a simple "no" without explaining.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

3 step process:

30 minute screener to get a sense of who you are and ask some questions of the company.

1 hour remote coding. Baseline question is sent in advance and you build off it during the call

5 hour on-site. 1 hr Behavior, 2 hr Paired Programming, 1 hr lunch with manager, 1 hr coding/design session.

Interview Questions

• Design database for notifications of upcoming interviews.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Was a different technical interview process than most I've experienced. Not a lot of typical "reverse a linked list" style questions. Definitely a strong focus on OO programming. They're very relaxed about you using Google/Stack Overflow for checking documentation which is refreshing.

It's a good process, but to echo another review, they do ask a lot of time out of you.

The recruiter also did an excellent job at responding quickly, which I really appreciated.

Interview Questions

• I'm not confident they don't reuse questions, so I won't mention them. There was a pair programming exercise, and several technical rounds. Strong focus on culture fit.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software in November 2016.

Interview

Standard phone interview with recruiter for cultural fit. Then remote coding interview with a people from engineering team. The coding problem is not algorithm but OO programming. The experience of the whole interview sucks, since the people interviewed me only focused on the 'result' rather than 'OO programming'

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software (New York, NY).

Interview

First call with an internal recruiter. He was very nice and helpful. We had a great conversation and he said he would put me through to the next step. I didn't hear from him so I followed up. He said he sent me a "project" and to check my spam folder. We realized he misspelled my email address so he resent the project. This was a pretty heavy project in creating a learning document on an application. It seemed too early in the interview process to do a project that should take 2-4 days (their estimate) before even speaking with anyone on the team or learning more about the role.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about my experience and interest, as well as compensation.   Answer Question

Greenhouse Software Response

Aug 10, 2015 – CEO

Whoa. Ok, first of all sorry for the problems that occurred here.

Obviously mis-typing your email address sounds like a silly mistake but nonetheless one that caused you stress and delay... More

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software (New York, NY).

Interview

I first had an intro call with a recruiter, who promptly set me up with a phone call with the hiring manager. From there, I completed a take home test and then had a round of in person interviews. Everyone I met with was great to talk to, and prepared for the interview. I left the process really hoping for an offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about <this> process?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greenhouse Software (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Interviewing with Greenhouse has been one of the most positive interview experiences I've had thus far. I started off with a phone interview and moved on to an in-person meeting with a tour of the office. One of the things I really appreciated was sitting down with HR to go through a brief overview of their recruiting software platform. The people I spoke with were extremely engaging and made me feel welcome. The whole process was straightforward and transparent.