GreySpark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GreySpark Interview Questions

Interviews at GreySpark

2.9

Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GreySpark.

Interview

Applied online and was invited for an HR screening via phone call. After a good conversation, was sent an online assessment which took approximately 45 minutes. Within a few days, was invited for a first round business interview in person. After completing this phase, one week later was invited for a technical phone interview which was completed a few days later. After this phase, radio silence. 2 chaser emails to HR and 1 month later, received a response saying I was being scheduled for the final round Management Interview in 2 weeks. After completing this round, radio silence once again. 3 weeks, and 2 HR chaser emails later, I finally received a response asking for a phone call, on which I was told they went with a different candidate who had prior consulting experience. Despite having a great background and skill set, my lack of consulting work in prior positions was the reason I was not chosen. If that was always a deciding factor, why take me through a 3 month process, with 4 interviews to get to this point. I honestly feel like I wasted my time with this company if they cannot be upfront with their requirements as it was very clear from the start, that I do not come from a consulting background, but vendor/technology.

Electronic Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GreySpark (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The HR called and asked questions about your past experience.
    No technical questions.
    They were calling from London. And the HR said that she will retell my answer to their employee in New York office. She said she will call back the next day but I guess they are not interested in my profile.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GreySpark (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to a telephone screening interview followed by 3 face-to-face interviews. The interviewers came across very knowledgeable. HR was very approachable and managed the interview process well.

Analyst Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GreySpark (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Not a genuine process. After reading reviews on Glassdoor and searching through LinkedIn as well speaking with friends, I felt the culture and the company would not be a good fit for me. No real brand, felt salary negotiations were low compared to competitors. Gut feeling was not to accept offer after they kept me waiting with no concrete feedback from HR. Partner interview was a bully. Shortly after, accepted an offer with a major competitor.

Interview Questions

GreySpark Response

Sep 23, 2015 – Partner

The interview process is detailed on our website. We're not clear what you mean by a genuine process? It is a several stage process where candidates are interviewed by business managers, consultants... More

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GreySpark (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview was a 4 stage process. which happened quite quickly. I was told i would receive an offer but the CEO was away on travel. I kept following up but the HR manager never got back to me. After about 4 weeks of waiting on a response, I decided that even if they offered the "role" i would reject it. during the interview it wasn't clear what i would be working on on a daily basis and something just didn't feel right with this company but hey i wanted a job. The fact that i had to request 4 days worth of holiday to show up to interviews and not hear back from them was a real disappointment. If you happen to get an interview with greysparks make sure you've allocate at least an extra hour just to find the building or else you will be late. Good luck to all who goes on this journey!!!

Interview Questions

• What is DNS, port numbers etc?
      Explain Linux Permissions   Answer Question

Sep 30, 2015 – Partner

Thanks for the feedback - a lot has happened since March 2012 and it is unfortunate you didn't let us know this for over three years.

Regarding your decision to take a day off per... More

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GreySpark (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in August 2015.

Interview

I got a call from the HR recruiting manager asking me to an interview with their business development manager. The whole interview lasted for about 45 minutes. I was told that that interview was the 2nd stage of the whole recruitment process and if it was successful, I will be interviewed by a consultant with similar background as mine. The final interview will be with the partner. If all are successful, I will be given a contingent offer, which means they will try to sell me in client engagement projects and a permanent offer will be given only if a client agrees to hire me for the project. I still haven't hear anything yet but will definitely not proceed to next stage even if they ask me to another interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the qualities of you that I can sell to the client when I am pitching for a project?   Answer Question

Sep 23, 2015 – Partner

We contact all candidates to explain next steps and we give feedback on the stage completed. We maintain a systematic record of all candidates so each and every one will be spoken to regardless of... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at GreySpark (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

The process took for couple of weeks. I was approached by their HR if I was interested in consulting. My first interview had to be rescheduled as the HR interviewer was not feeling well but they told me one hour before the interview. The rescheduled interview with HR went well and I was invited for a technical interview. Something didn't feel right about this company however I went ahead. 2 hours before my second interview I was asked if I could come to a Pret a Manger, coffeeshop instead of their office. I found this weird especially knowing that it would have been about technical skills but I agreed with them on the location. I went to the location but the interviewer didn't turn up. As they have not given my interviewers' contact details I tried to call my HR contact who didn't pick up the phone and I just sent an email including a picture of me in the coffeshop. Couple of days later I was sent an email saying we would need to reschedule the meeting. I didn't reply to that as I found this whole experience really negative and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• During HR interview which eventually took place I had to answer competency based questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GreySpark (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

Went through some online tests and a couple of interviews. It all seemed to be fine at first. However, after the third interview, they never get back to me regarding the outcome of the interview even after 2 months. They wouldn't even be bothered to reply to my emails anymore. I am very disappointed, not that I can not progress in the stages of interviews but the way they treated candidates. If you want to waste your time, this could be the chance for you.

Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GreySpark (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Had an initial telephone conversation with HR, followed by a face-to-face interview with a line manager. The interview was more of a chat. I was coming from a non-consulting background, so the interviewer was really trying to explore why the career change, explain what he was looking for, and whether I was right for the role. Ultimately it didn't progress further, but that was really from mutual agreement, as the role wasn't what I was looking for nor wanted to do.

Interview Questions

• Questions focused very much on experience and report writing skills.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GreySpark (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

A really intense 3-stage interview procedure! I first had a telephone call, then had a personality assessment online, then had 2 face-to-face interviews, one with a manager and former employee and another with a director. A rigorous process, but necessary within this sector! It took around 2 weeks to receive a response about whether I got this role.

Interview Questions

• Your portfolio doesn't show anything that we do - it doesn't relate to our content! Why should I hire you?   1 Answer

Sep 23, 2015 – Partner

Thank you for your feedback. It does seem that in this instance our directions were not aligned but we appreciate the time you took to apply and go through the process. We hope you have subsequently... More