Gristede's Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gristede's Foods Interview Questions

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gristede's Foods

General Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gristede's Foods.

Interview

If you get into the interview, you already have the job. When I walked in they immediately asked for my ID already. I'm pretty sure they just open up their application page once every few months, take 50 people , and then hire them all. If you need a job, keep the gristedes website bookmarked. It is minimum wage though

Interview Questions

• Q. What would you do when an upset customer approaches you   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gristede's Foods (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

You're asked to be interviewed at hq about a day or two after applying online. Then you will be asked a series of basic interview questions. Then you will know if you've been hired when asked to come in for an informational video session at a later date.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gristede's Foods (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

It was very simple, I was asked about three questions then asked to come in the following week to watch videos about working as a cashier. The interview didn't last anymore than five minutes, I thought I would be there for thirty since that's what the manager told me.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I would handle certain situations   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gristede's Foods (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

You have to apply online under the career section on the company's website with your previous work experience, education, and a general summary of yourself. If human resources feels that you can be a fit with their company they email you back and have you set up a one on one interview with the director of Human Resources. You meet with them at the headquarters located on the west side of Midtown New York, which is difficult to find. However, once there, the human resource director makes the experience a much better one.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a certain situation with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gristede's Foods (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Extremely easy. They took me into the office. Before asking me any questions, they took copies of my I.D and S.S card which basically made me feel like I was already hired. The lady asked me a few basic questions. She told me I had to fill out the real application online and then attend orientation. At orientation we filled out paperwork, watched some videos on how to handle customers, alcohol, etc. Then I was assigned my job location and manager and had to report there the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work here?
      Q: How would handle a difficult customer?
      Q: Explain a time where you were in a difficult situation
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gristede's Foods (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was very easy asked me 3 questions took copies of my I'd and social after that they sent me a email to a page where I completed some more paper work in order for me to get to the orientation and after I completed that they emailed me the day time and place where I was suppose go go for the orientation .... We had to watch like 6 movies than at the end of the orientation they gave me a paper with my location time and day that I start.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gristede's Foods (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Did an interest application online for the cashier position. Received and E-mail saying they received my application and they will review it. A day or two later I received an e-mail with the address and time. When I got to the HR department I filled out a quick online application, stepped into the office, answered 3 questions and I was hired. She told me I will be hired at $8 an hour and after 60 days it goes up to 8.50 or 8.75 I cant remember exactly. Im actually writing this review and I have orientation in about 10 hours and 13 minutes. Its also paid so no complaints here. Needed the job and thank god I got it.

Interview Questions

• To be honest there is no question that was difficult to answer. Just try to look at it from an experienced worker point of view.   Answer Question

General Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gristede's Foods.

Interview

It was an okay process.g

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gristede's Foods (New York, NY).

Interview

Was called for an interview, had to complete an extra online application on the spot, gave in paperwork, talked with the director of HR for 2 minutes, she took a picture of me, printed out an id, and I was hired.

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiations. They told you that everyone started with minimum wage and everyone received a 25 cent raise every six months.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gristede's Foods (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Fairly simple, filled out papers, answered one or 2 questions, hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were forced to deal with a difficult situation. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

For the first month you'll make 7.25 afterwards it'll go up to 7.50, and 10 cent raise per year.