Guaranteed Rate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Junior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guaranteed Rate (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

I put my application in and two days later received a call from a recruiter. Did a brief phone interview that asked questions about my interest and previous experience. She later set up an interview for me to speak with both the Recruiting manager and the Senior VP of Recruiting.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why Guaranteed Rate? Any recruiting experience? Can you do the tasked asked of you?   Answer Question

Guaranteed Rate Response

Oct 29, 2018 – Customer Success

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guaranteed Rate (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. There was a phone screening interview. After there is a phone technical interview with very basic questions on OOP. After passing the technical interview, I was asked to do a "homework" on REST API using any language. After I did the "homework", I was invited onsite. The onsite interview lasted very long, about 6 hours, and all about behavioral questions. There is no time left for lunch, and you have to eat when they ask questions. During the breaks between the interviews, I was kicked out from the conference room that was reserved for the interview because the group was saying they have a meeting. I was told I would get my feedback in 1-2 days, but it has been a week still no response.

Interview Questions

• i.e. What is the hardest problem you have solved? Is there any time you have disagreement with someone?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guaranteed Rate (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

standard interview process; application, phone interview and in-person interview. Received a preliminary offer, initiate a background report for criminal and credit history. Once approved, I received an offer letter, new-hire paperwork and was on boarded the following Monday.

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guaranteed Rate (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Very casual sit down with the manager of the team I'd be working for. They will ask if you have any knowledge on mortgages currently but with this particular position it will not hurt you if you don't. They are looking for hardworking and self-sufficiency in this roll.

Interview Questions

• It was very social, you just have to be yourself and hopefully your personality will mesh with the team.   Answer Question

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guaranteed Rate (Denver, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

The Interview Process was very standard. I interviewed in person once and then received a follow-up phone interview. They ran my background and checked my references. The manager was very sweet and made me even more excited to work for this company. I liked that the interview felt more like a casual conversation rather than a criminal investigation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guaranteed Rate in September 2012.

Interview

Two interviews. One with an HR rep and a second with a member of senior management. Before the first interview starts there is a typing test and a descriptive writing test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were willing to negotiate.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guaranteed Rate (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

I met with the Team Lead and CTO. They were trying to build a team at the time, and they wanted to replace their LAMP stack with Microsoft .NET. The interview wasn't very technical as they didn't yet have the expertise in the company.

Interview Questions

• They were looking for someone with experience with .Net Web Services. I was not familiar with the technology back then.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guaranteed Rate (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied via their career page. 3 weeks later received an email from the recruiter detailing the position, the pay, etc. and wanted to know if I would like to move forward for the in person interview. No phone interview, was directly setup for an in person interview. Meet with two individuals.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current role?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your current role. What did you do on a daily basis?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guaranteed Rate (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Very Well, I was comfortable during the interview process not nervous at all. As soon as I started talking on the phone, I was able to answer all the questions they had for me. After my first interview, I had gotten the intern position which I was very happy about.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Guaranteed Rate?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guaranteed Rate (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

There was a multiple level interview process. I interviewed with a couple of individuals. It was a laid back interview process with no difficult questions. All of the questions were very straightforward.