Guardsmark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Senior Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Memphis, TN) in March 2011.

Interview

it was a sit down meeting room discussion between me and the security manager and the account manager. about all aspects of security at this location. but the job went to a very pretty woman that did not know much about securtiy.

Interview Questions

• what makes you the most qualified for the position of security supervisor ?   1 Answer
    • what is your strongest and weakest quality ?   1 Answer

Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (San Diego, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Not really a interview, just basic questions to get to know you. Depending on what site you to you might have another interview. They manager went over the different sites and basically where they are going to place the new hire. The only time that was lengthy was when taking the psychological exam with 560 questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, everything is set in stone. either the person takes it or not.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

After 7 months of intense face-to-face and phone interviews....11 interviews, one drug test, one lie-detector test...they put a hiring freeze into effect. Interviewed with two hiring managers, all of the owners of the company (via phone) and constant calls for interviews with no notice...the job was put on hold.

Interview Questions

• Many tests and questions from managers and staff doctors.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process is a bit long. A total of 3 separate interviews with 3 different levels of management. The final step is an assessment with a psychologist. A bit of a long and drawn out process. But not difficult.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position?
      What are some of your strengths? Weaknesses?   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

Met with the branch manager, he had a few questions but mostly wanted to review the qualifications I had listed on my resume. Seemed relatively simple... ultimately I withdrew my candidacy as the job seemed really boring. Also.. accruing 1 week of vacation for your first couple years is a terrible policy.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardsmark (New York, NY).

Interview

I was already an employee with Guardsmark, this was supposedly a promotion. I interviewed with a manager and received an offer the same day. I started in the new posiiton within one week. I didnt get my correct payor title for another 3 months though.

Negotiation

There was no negotiations. Pay was 45k.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

Initial interview with HR was an easy and friendly experience, but the company's recruitment process is ridiculous. I understand the need for having heavy screening for security officers, but do I really need to be hooked up to a polygraph for an office position??? You will have to fill out a 40 page application, and you will be asked about if you have ever taken drugs, ever taken prescription meds that were not yours, have you ever seen a psychiatrist. The whole process is extremely invasive and unnecessary.

On top of all this, women are not allowed to wear pants in the corporate office. I don't even see how that is legal. This is 2013, not the Mad Men era.

Staff Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Memphis, TN) in January 2010.

Interview

Went thru an extensive hiring process for a job at their corporate offices in Memphis. I spent a lot of time and money (parking, proper attire as I heard that women can only wear skirts!!!) in hopes of getting the job. I was told about 3 weeks into the process (after I called numerous times for an update) that they decided to hire internally- maybe. They will for sure let me know by the end of the week. They never called. It is a slap in the face to the unemployed to be treated this way. Because of the disrespect I was shown after all the hoops I went thru, I will never apply to this company again. The lie detector tests and extensive personality tests for a staff position are a little ridiculous also.

Interview Questions

• What does wood and alcohol have in common?   17 Answers

Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Kalamazoo, MI) in March 2008.

Interview

applied on line. they called me back a day later. I went down to the officer. they asked me the basic questions like what would you do in a frustraing situation. I told them what they wanted to hear. They were all nice but I never got a call back. I liked what they had to offer.

Interview Questions

• what do you like about yourself?   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Kirkland, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

I completed a phone interview and was called back in for a one on one interview. I was told the process would take about 3 weeks for them to do callbacks for a 3rd interview and that they would be in touch. I never received another call from them after that. I wouldn't have accepted the job anyway because they don't offer vacation time until you have been there for 2 years.