Guardsmark Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 76 of over 76 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Guardsmark

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Lansing, MI)

Interview

Very good questions on past employment and how to handle different Security issues that may arise. Where would I like to be in 5 to 10 years. I am able to work overtime weekends and holidays , which I did often.

Interview Questions
  • How would I handle an irate employee ?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Wichita, KS)

Interview

Walked into an office, sat down, asked a bunch of questions and then give you a bunch of paperwork and a DVD full of stuff you have to review for the paperwork questions. Once it's over they will most likely have you go to a drug test.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have any tattoos? Do you mind shaving before you start? Have you used drugs before? Do you have any convictions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Oakland, CA) in Dec 2015

Interview

It was not so good to work with this security company, I was not able to convince the human resource to hire me. She was so horible to tell you if you get hired or not. It was so frustrated to get an interview and not to get the hiring result.. I would not recommended to security officer to apply to this company. HR was so horrible to communicate with....

Interview Questions
  • What would you do to be a good security supervisor?

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Indianapolis, IN)

Interview

Incredibly long and ridiculous process where you are asked to find a gaggle of people to vouch for your character, answer a 500 question personality survey, sit through the usual training and videos, so you can finally be paid a little better than minimum wage.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Guardsmark

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guardsmark

Interview

The interview process is like grinding a stone. You must find I believe 6 reliable contacts that will vouch for you and state that you are a good worker. They will ask you questions and then figure out which site you would be best for and then you will more than likely interview with the client to decide if they would like you there.

3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardsmark (The Woodlands, TX)

Interview

It was a basic one on one interview. Nothing difficult about it. You are asked plenty of good questions, questions that weed out the less desirables. The client even has input on who they want and don't want. If you have Law Enforcement or Military that is a big plus

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Guardsmark

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark

Interview

Huge packet to fill out like 4 hours worth. after that you have to get certified and fingerprints done. Interview is simple. Start working at 40 without much training

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Stamford, CT) in Jul 2015

Interview

One sided and unethical: They lost my employee file; Mandatory direct deposit; 30 days inactivity of duty quoted as of April 4, 2015; Then changed the date of inactivity to March 5, 2015; Says they could find my employee file by this evening, but as of today, July 28, 2015, I haven't heard from them. Also, claims they haven't received my FMLA form yet, which I mailed back to their office on June 16, 2015.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Guardsmark

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guardsmark

Interview

I applied online and was invited to interview within a few days. The interview was good. The interviewers were personable. However, I was sent home with an application packet to fill out. This is where the problems began...The application is 40 pages and they ask unbelievable questions on it. In addition, they wanted me to complete a "personality" test. Wow! 567 questions that will convince you that the people who wrote these questions are ultimately the ones who need psychiatric attention! Numerous questions are about sex! And the interviewing manager informed me that they will use this so-called personality test to qualify/disqualify for promotion, so apparently it remains a part of your permanent file. In all honesty, I felt totally violated after reading over the application and the test. The most disturbing of all is that they want names, address, and phone numbers for all of your immediate family members - INCLUDING CHILDREN!!! It makes me wonder if they are going to investigate my entire family. Oh, and they want a release for your medical records, in addition to not holding them liable for any decision they make regarding the medical information! I am not comfortable providing this information to anyone and especially not to provide a written record to an employer who I am now questioning their motives.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oregon, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Oregon, OH)

Interview

The interview was a surprise after a long night shift for the same company. The interview itself was very unorganized and scenarios asked were unrealistic. Only 2 of us applied for the position and after the other person quit I thought I would get the job. But after about 2 months of being told to hold on and them waiting on a current supervisor I just assume that I'm not getting it. Yet they promoted another to supervisor for a different opening the same day the prior one quit.

Interview Questions
  • What if there was a serious problem with one of your employees and you told me (the site manager) and I refused to do anything about it?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 76 Interviews