Guardsmark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guardsmark Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Walked into an office, sat down, asked a bunch of questions and then give you a bunch of paperwork and a DVD full of stuff you have to review for the paperwork questions. Once it's over they will most likely have you go to a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any tattoos? Do you mind shaving before you start? Have you used drugs before? Do you have any convictions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one. They told me the pay and I agreed. Needed a job so whatever they were offering was good to me.

Security Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Oakland, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

It was not so good to work with this security company, I was not able to convince the human resource to hire me. She was so horible to tell you if you get hired or not. It was so frustrated to get an interview and not to get the hiring result.. I would not recommended to security officer to apply to this company. HR was so horrible to communicate with....

Interview Questions

• What would you do to be a good security supervisor?   1 Answer

Unarmed Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Incredibly long and ridiculous process where you are asked to find a gaggle of people to vouch for your character, answer a 500 question personality survey, sit through the usual training and videos, so you can finally be paid a little better than minimum wage.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Try to get more than $10.00 an hour. I feel like this is their base pay.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

The interview process is like grinding a stone. You must find I believe 6 reliable contacts that will vouch for you and state that you are a good worker. They will ask you questions and then figure out which site you would be best for and then you will more than likely interview with the client to decide if they would like you there.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

Huge packet to fill out like 4 hours worth. after that you have to get certified and fingerprints done. Interview is simple. Start working at 40 without much training

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer
    • Why do you wanna work for us?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardsmark (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

It was a basic one on one interview. Nothing difficult about it. You are asked plenty of good questions, questions that weed out the less desirables. The client even has input on who they want and don't want. If you have Law Enforcement or Military that is a big plus

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to interview within a few days. The interview was good. The interviewers were personable. However, I was sent home with an application packet to fill out. This is where the problems began...The application is 40 pages and they ask unbelievable questions on it. In addition, they wanted me to complete a "personality" test. Wow! 567 questions that will convince you that the people who wrote these questions are ultimately the ones who need psychiatric attention! Numerous questions are about sex! And the interviewing manager informed me that they will use this so-called personality test to qualify/disqualify for promotion, so apparently it remains a part of your permanent file.

In all honesty, I felt totally violated after reading over the application and the test. The most disturbing of all is that they want names, address, and phone numbers for all of your immediate family members - INCLUDING CHILDREN!!! It makes me wonder if they are going to investigate my entire family. Oh, and they want a release for your medical records, in addition to not holding them liable for any decision they make regarding the medical information! I am not comfortable providing this information to anyone and especially not to provide a written record to an employer who I am now questioning their motives.

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Stamford, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

One sided and unethical: They lost my employee file; Mandatory direct deposit; 30 days inactivity of duty quoted as of April 4, 2015; Then changed the date of inactivity to March 5, 2015; Says they could find my employee file by this evening, but as of today, July 28, 2015, I haven't heard from them. Also, claims they haven't received my FMLA form yet, which I mailed back to their office on June 16, 2015.

Security Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oregon, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Oregon, OH).

Interview

The interview was a surprise after a long night shift for the same company. The interview itself was very unorganized and scenarios asked were unrealistic. Only 2 of us applied for the position and after the other person quit I thought I would get the job. But after about 2 months of being told to hold on and them waiting on a current supervisor I just assume that I'm not getting it. Yet they promoted another to supervisor for a different opening the same day the prior one quit.

Interview Questions

• What if there was a serious problem with one of your employees and you told me (the site manager) and I refused to do anything about it?   1 Answer

Security Officer/Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

It was perhaps the easiest interview I've ever sat in. They asked a few questions regarding attentiveness and problem solving, but they acted like I already had the job just by my walking in. It wasn't even just the fact that I had an employee referral. I legitimately think they will hire anyone who doesn't have a criminal background and can pass a drug test.