Guavus Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guavus Software Developer Interview Questions

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guavus (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

The interviewing process is mostly with just the people you would be working with. HR is barely involved. Personally I find that positive because it gives you more opportunity to get to know the people you will work with. Interviews are a two way street.

Interview is technical but focus on web technologies and database technologies.

Take home test is hard but gives you an idea of what level they operate at.

The company is spread across several locations and doesn't have a company wide standardizing interviewing strategy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Guavus

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guavus.

Interview

Three interviews. First one you talk about yourself, answer some technical questions and then you ask questions. Then they send you a take home exercise(very hard). The second interview is about the take home, you explain what you did and they ask more technical questions. Third interview is with HR/management.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guavus (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got onsite from HR's email.

"I don't know what position will be for you." This is the first words I was told. "Where's your university? Is it in Canada?" (yes, it's a Canadian university) followed several simple technical questions on SQL and BASH.

The interview gave me a feeling its HRs really want to make some progress in hiring, but the teams don't have empty positions. Also, it seems to hire a number of idiots.

Basically, the interview was wasting time.

Interview Questions

• Q: What's the command to list all running processes?   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guavus (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

I had 3 technical rounds focussed on Java, DS and algo.
    Questions on tries, cloning link list, bloom filter, thread safe hash map, suffix tree. Some questions on OS involving paging and threading.
    First interviewer had good understanding of programming & OS concept.
    Second interviewer was asking geeksforgeeks questions and was expecting the same answer as on the website. I had a very hard time explaining him my solutions . He could barely understand my projects. Interview went on for one hour and he asked only one question. He could not understand a very simple algorithm that I had used in my solution even though I had even written code for that. Although at a tech lead position he was having difficulty understanding if else conditions.
    Other interviewers were interested mainly in knowing about family background, parents and siblings occupation and not much technical.
    Their office building is pretty bad as compared to other software companies.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guavus.

Interview

Since it was data mining team, lot was asked about machine learning. Additionally they asked about algorithms, data structures and probability puzzles. Focus on trees and graphs. There were 2 face to face interviews, which were pretty relaxed. They are a bunch of smart people making the right hiring decisions.

Interview Questions

• The gift tag problem, what is the probability that last person gets his own gift?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guavus (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

A series of technical rounds, 4-5 rounds (depends) followed by an HR round. 1 telephonic round initially to filter the candidates. Rest are face to face rounds. The interviewers were friendly and open to answering your doubts clearly. They were more happy to go in-depth on a few problems instead of too many questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected but you should be prepared for data structures and algorithms stuff, comfortable with complexity and ideas to improve them.   Answer Question