HOM Furniture Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HOM Furniture Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2018

2.6

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HOM Furniture.

Interview

Applied online it took a couple of days . talked to manager she asked a some questions about my experience I got set up for interview with another manager I went to the interview I was I asked a bunch questions that where scenerio questions and personality wise spent an hour long talking to the interviewer had to take assessment test that was 50 questions that was time waited for intervew for results from interview was asked when will be best for me for second interview and was told they were still doing interview process still they will give me a call back . was sent a message that view my application that I wasn't good for the job . I felt like interview with went really good between me and the person I interview with like we connected I felt like he like the person i was and can tell had much potential and sales experience ,. Followed up with him Furniture and was told that they picked 3 candidates because they had furniture experience which I didn't understand what that meant when I felt like the entire job is sales position which you need sales experience for the person I followed up with even admitted that they don't tell people specially why they weren't hired

Flooring Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HOM Furniture (Bloomington, MN) in November 2017.

Interview

They wanted an immediate interview. Met with a store manager in the store. The money being offered at HOM is rediculously low especially for what they are asking.

Interview Questions

• what experience do I have. can I work retail hours.   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HOM Furniture.

Interview

1. Online app
    2. Received email with questionnaire link.
    3. Received call to schedule interview with hr
    4. HR interview
    5. Sales manager interview
    6. Interview with 3 employees
    7. Job offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

IS Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coon Rapids, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HOM Furniture (Coon Rapids, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

Online application-->Phone Screen (e.g a phone interview)-->Online assessment (who are you and how smart are you at answering 40 questions in 20 minuts)--> sign papers + more assessments--> in person interview with direct (Idk his title) and indirect manager(systems admin)

Interview Questions

• What is SMTP? What is NAS? what is DHCP? What is TCP/IP?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to Work at HOM Furniture?   1 Answer
    • who would you help and in what order; Sales associate who is in the middle of a sale, executive with mobile problem, or a marketing department employee with a printer problem?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Canada, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HOM Furniture (Little Canada, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

Multiple managers in an office asking questions. I was greeted by the front door staff. The managers were on time and did not have me waiting for very long. The interview was laid back. It was a low pressure environment. We were interrupted by a current employee for a manager question. Smiles all around. The questions were a lot more about who I was as a person outside of the workplace rather than who I was as a business person.

Interview Questions

• What positive attributes will you bring to our location.   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HOM Furniture.

Interview

The Job was posted online only. Took Three weeks to get a call and e-mail to set up the interview. The interview was with Two people in the room. Both asked questions. Lots of questions like, Can you handle commission based sales? What are your strengths and weaknesses? How do you handle and angry customer?

Interview Questions

• If I asked you how many Windows are in New York how would you find out the answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Flooring Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at HOM Furniture (Roseville, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

After applying I received an phone call from the store manager. We had a half hour phone interview, at the end of which i was asked to come into the store for an in person interview with the sales manager. A few days later i interviewed with the sales manager and the corporate flooring manager. It was a pretty laid back meeting. At the end of it I was asked to take an aptitude/intelligence test. Apparently I passed, because a few days after that I got a call saying i had got the job!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HOM Furniture (Fargo, ND) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied for the job and was called back for an interview within a week. They had me come into the store and meet with the General Manager for the interview. He gave me a tour of the store and then took me in for the interview. It was a one on one interview with standard interview questions, nothing I hadn't been asked before. At the end of the interview he talked about the dress code and I felt some of the things that he said bordered inappropriate.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you could bring to the company that your competition can't.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coon Rapids, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HOM Furniture (Coon Rapids, MN) in July 2013.

Interview

Two Trips one was to get acquainted with Supervisor and Branch Supervisor.
    Second was to head to Corporate and have meeting with Branch Supervisor and the guy who does all the hiring with warehouse staff. Then you had to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What makes me worth hiring?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HOM Furniture (Green Bay, WI) in June 2013.

Interview

Just asked basic questions. Like where do you see yourself in 5 years, what is your best quality. You interview first with a manager and then again with a regional manager. I went to an open house where a lot of people were interviewing at once as they were building a brand new store. First we went through my educational background and then they asked about my work experience. They are looking for people with retail or sales experience.