HOM Furniture Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HOM Furniture Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at HOM Furniture

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HOM Furniture.

Interview

1. Online app
    2. Received email with questionnaire link.
    3. Received call to schedule interview with hr
    4. HR interview
    5. Sales manager interview
    6. Interview with 3 employees
    7. Job offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

IS Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coon Rapids, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HOM Furniture (Coon Rapids, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

Online application-->Phone Screen (e.g a phone interview)-->Online assessment (who are you and how smart are you at answering 40 questions in 20 minuts)--> sign papers + more assessments--> in person interview with direct (Idk his title) and indirect manager(systems admin)

Interview Questions

• What is SMTP? What is NAS? what is DHCP? What is TCP/IP?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to Work at HOM Furniture?   1 Answer
    • who would you help and in what order; Sales associate who is in the middle of a sale, executive with mobile problem, or a marketing department employee with a printer problem?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Canada, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HOM Furniture (Little Canada, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

Multiple managers in an office asking questions. I was greeted by the front door staff. The managers were on time and did not have me waiting for very long. The interview was laid back. It was a low pressure environment. We were interrupted by a current employee for a manager question. Smiles all around. The questions were a lot more about who I was as a person outside of the workplace rather than who I was as a business person.

Interview Questions

• What positive attributes will you bring to our location.   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HOM Furniture.

Interview

The Job was posted online only. Took Three weeks to get a call and e-mail to set up the interview. The interview was with Two people in the room. Both asked questions. Lots of questions like, Can you handle commission based sales? What are your strengths and weaknesses? How do you handle and angry customer?

Interview Questions

• If I asked you how many Windows are in New York how would you find out the answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Flooring Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at HOM Furniture (Roseville, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

After applying I received an phone call from the store manager. We had a half hour phone interview, at the end of which i was asked to come into the store for an in person interview with the sales manager. A few days later i interviewed with the sales manager and the corporate flooring manager. It was a pretty laid back meeting. At the end of it I was asked to take an aptitude/intelligence test. Apparently I passed, because a few days after that I got a call saying i had got the job!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HOM Furniture (Fargo, ND) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied for the job and was called back for an interview within a week. They had me come into the store and meet with the General Manager for the interview. He gave me a tour of the store and then took me in for the interview. It was a one on one interview with standard interview questions, nothing I hadn't been asked before. At the end of the interview he talked about the dress code and I felt some of the things that he said bordered inappropriate.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you could bring to the company that your competition can't.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coon Rapids, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HOM Furniture (Coon Rapids, MN) in July 2013.

Interview

Two Trips one was to get acquainted with Supervisor and Branch Supervisor.
    Second was to head to Corporate and have meeting with Branch Supervisor and the guy who does all the hiring with warehouse staff. Then you had to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What makes me worth hiring?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HOM Furniture (Green Bay, WI) in June 2013.

Interview

Just asked basic questions. Like where do you see yourself in 5 years, what is your best quality. You interview first with a manager and then again with a regional manager. I went to an open house where a lot of people were interviewing at once as they were building a brand new store. First we went through my educational background and then they asked about my work experience. They are looking for people with retail or sales experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeville, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at HOM Furniture (Lakeville, MN) in April 2012.

Interview

I had one interview with a sales manager and then a second interview with another sales manager. The interviews seemed to go very well. I was then told I was to interview with the store manager. When I went for the interview, he greeted me and then said that I needed to take a timed assessment test and a personality test. I had not been told that this was going to happen and I was totally unprepared. I didn't even have my correct glasses. Because I was so upset that they had did not tell me that this was part of their process, I could not even concentrate - plus they have you do this with so much distracting sounds around you. i spend maybe 2 - 5 minutes with the store manager. He had not even looked at my resume prior to this. It was the most worst experience ever. Thank God they did not want me. I would not want to work here.

Interview Questions

• You haven't sold on commission - how would you feel doing this?   Answer Question
    • You need to sell $50,000 each month, can you do that?   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HOM Furniture (Plymouth, MN) in July 2009.

Interview

The interview consisted of sitting in the managers office and discussing the position and all the duties/responsibilities involved in the position. The interview also consisted of what my strengths and weaknesses were as well as how I can contribute to the team. I was them told upon a drug test I could start as soon as possible.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at HOM Furniture? Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The pay was what it was.