HUB International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Personal Lines Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HUB International (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

They were kind enough to be discreet as I was employed elsewhere. They were also willing to meet up with me after hours and though they needed me right away, allowed me to give my employer a 2 week notice. I met with one of the agents and the HR person. Though I did not have all the experience they were looking for, they liked my enthusiasm and felt I was trainable and felt we have the same core ethics.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I wanted to leave my current employment.   1 Answer

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HUB International (Woodbury, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

After a brief phone conversation I had set up an in person interview. They worked with my schedule (I was able to finish the interview on my lunch break). The interview felt like a conversation I was very comfortable.

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HUB International (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Consisted of a phone interview plus 2 in person interviews. They say they are willing to train, but they really aren't looking to hire anyone without 5 years experience on the brokerage side plus a built in network of clients. Mostly male dominated office.Seems like sales team and hiring team are looking for very different things and aren't on the same page.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HUB International (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Was interviewed by five different people and two separate times.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HUB International in May 2016.

Interview

This was a quick phone interview. You could almost say it was basically a pre-interview. The interviewer asked me about my career goals and a few other basic personality questions. They then proceeded to inform me that the information would be passed on to the hiring manager and I would be contacted then.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HUB International (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Excellent interview process - Hub is more of an informational inteview style. (I still suggest researching the compnay and people prior to attending any interview). I went through quite a few interviews (5 or more, via phone and in person), but the satff is extremely nice and very warm.

In the end, I didn't WOW the big boss and this was the one person who counted - I do feel this was the unfair part of the selection process. However, the rest of the staff and hiring team was fantastic.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions - all related to the job description.   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HUB International (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. I am qualified for the position but didn't get to a second interview. I was made to feel disadvantaged on details that aren't necessary to do the job applied for - I've done the job so I know the focus on some details was off track. If they have a good HR person screening, they should see the experience, accomplishments, references, etc, and screen in a person for a closer look.

Recruiter asked boilerplate questions about experience in various digital marketing areas. No problem. Recruiter was about software buzzwords vs higher-level understanding of usage. The industry is loaded with similar tools so the recruiter should know that utilization of competitive software and accomplishing the strategy and tactic is more important than familiarity with a brand that can easily be learned.

When approached by an outside recruiter later to interview for the same position because they felt my credentials were a good fit, I learned that this position was open for a long time and they were having trouble filling it. I'm not surprised because the HR person was very narrow about skills needed that aren't actually needed for success in the position. Seemed to be checking boxes and didn't have the qualifications to assess a higher level candidate and transferable skills.

The recruiter should have advanced someone with my skills to another interview with whatever reservations were noted but they are losing quality candidates because of HR.

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff like success stories, challenges - be prepared to answer brand questions. Your accomplished career will be reviewed in 45 minutes by a person who doesn't understand your field and is checking boxes.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HUB International in August 2016.

Interview

A very aggressive recruiter reached out to me and got me an interview fairly quickly. First round met with 2 managers. Called back that day for second round. Met with Vice President.

Interview Questions

• If someone called you and said they were buying a building, how would you determine replacement cost?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with Marshal & Swift?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HUB International (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

They brought me in and had me sit with 4-5 various people in management and sales. I spent about 30-45 minutes with each individual getting to know them and their roles. I later was invited to meet the president on another date when he was available. The process is mainly to see if you will be a cultural fit.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HUB International (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

1 phone interview. 2 in person interviews. HR department is very laid back. Very comfortable and implemented interview process. They make you feel at ease since you are straight out of college. You get to meet people from low level to c-suite.

Interview Questions

• How can you apply your college degree to the workplace?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HUB International (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Everyone was very knowledgeable and pleasant that I met with. They really did a great job representing the company. From meeting them, I knew it would be a great place to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You could negotiate to an extent