HUB International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.6

Surety Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HUB International (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

The initial Interview consisted of resume based questions and they asked me about future career goals and also had me submit a writing sample of a current project I am working on.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HUB International (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Found the job through a recruiter. There was one phone interview and one in person interview with two people. The interview was fairly laid back and straight forward about experiences applying to the job.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HUB International (Baton Rouge, LA) in December 2016.

Interview

Discussed the job details: what departments are in the office, the possibility of helping other areas, and handling multi-tasking skills needed for the position. How long the process would be to make a decision.

Personal Lines Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HUB International (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

They were kind enough to be discreet as I was employed elsewhere. They were also willing to meet up with me after hours and though they needed me right away, allowed me to give my employer a 2 week notice. I met with one of the agents and the HR person. Though I did not have all the experience they were looking for, they liked my enthusiasm and felt I was trainable and felt we have the same core ethics.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I wanted to leave my current employment.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HUB International in August 2016.

Interview

A very aggressive recruiter reached out to me and got me an interview fairly quickly. First round met with 2 managers. Called back that day for second round. Met with Vice President.

Interview Questions

• If someone called you and said they were buying a building, how would you determine replacement cost?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with Marshal & Swift?   1 Answer

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HUB International.

Interview

Met with the recruiter. He was very friendly and only conducted the screening interview. He couldn't answer specific questions about the position. I followed up with him later and he couldn't give me any details about the process. Just that the candidates were on the hiring managers desk. Never heard back from him. Not even a no thank you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HUB International (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Everyone was very knowledgeable and pleasant that I met with. They really did a great job representing the company. From meeting them, I knew it would be a great place to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You could negotiate to an extent

Senior Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HUB International (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initial phone screen with an HR representative; scheduled an in person interview for the following week. I met with 2 managers, the IA director and IA & Tax VP. The interviews with one of the managers and VP were conversational and they asked the typical questions like tell me about yourself, why Hub, why do you want to leave your current job, etc. The other two interviews started off conversational but also dug deeper into my public accounting experience such as how to test certain financial statement line items. What was really bizarre was the lack on conference rooms at this company. We were booted out twice and 5-7 minutes of my interview were spent wandering around the floor looking for a place to sit. I did not receive an offer as the Company is looking for someone with M&A experience; the department is made up of 4 individuals: 2 seniors (that they're currently recruiting for), 1 director and 1 VP. You're pretty much on your own and the work you will do is very different from a typical internal auditor (35% assist external auditors, 35% M&A transactions, remaining will consist of random projects or other audits). I was told I would hear back from HR the same week, however, I didn't hear until the end of the following week.

Interview Questions

• How would you test the revenue of a company without inventory?   Answer Question

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HUB International (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I can not believe the non professional response from this company. I had first interviewed with their recruiter via phone. After a week, the recruiter called and said that another interview will happen on the phone with the whole creative team. I was excited and I agreed.
    Now this is where it all begins. The recruiter provided me with a phone number that I was suppose to DIAL to. They gave me the time and I dialed exactly at that time; however, there is a whole recording for 5 minutes before you can enter the conference interview. So that recording ate five minutes of my time. Finally, I got connected and began the interview. They only asked my 2 questions and suddenly began to say, "oh no, I think we have lost her! We can not here her." Ironic, because I could here them clearly. Then the call got disconnected. I dialed in back 5 times and each time I dialed the recording says that the Leader of the group is not there to take your call, please wait. Then I called my recruiter and she said she will look into it and call me back. I waited for her call for 20 minutes and then I called her back.
    She picked up and said that they are not considering me for the position because I called in late and they have moved forward with other candidates.
    I did not drop the call and I was very professional. I was sitting with my phone charged since 2:30 PM and as soon as it was 3:00, I dialed in. I have read many negative reviews about this company, but I thought they are just reviews and other people's experiences; yet, they seem to be true and I am glad that I was not selected because I would not want to work for such unprofessional company.

Interview Questions

HUB International Response

Jul 12, 2016 – Deb Deters, Chief Human Resources Officer

We make every effort to clearly communicate expectations and ensure the interview process is easy and simple for candidates. We have changed our process and now advise candidates to dial in a few ... More

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HUB International in May 2016.

Interview

This was a quick phone interview. You could almost say it was basically a pre-interview. The interviewer asked me about my career goals and a few other basic personality questions. They then proceeded to inform me that the information would be passed on to the hiring manager and I would be contacted then.