Hall Capital Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.7

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hall Capital Partners (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview process consisted of two separate phone screens to gauge interest in the position and familiarity of the company. This was followed by a "super day" consisting of various two on one interviews and a case study.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did not meet your manager's expectations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hall Capital Partners (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied for the PMG analyst role via website, and heard back within a week for phone interview availability. I was interviewed by someone from the SF office (the role was position here only). They sincerely apologized for being 5 minutes late, which I found kind on their part. We spoke for about 40 minutes, where I was asked only fit questions. The only question remotely close to being technical was asking about my excel skills, which they emphasized were not a make-or-break.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

A month long process, very positive experience
    2 phone interviews and then a super day.
    A lot of analytical questions during super day.
    It seems like they really are looking for fit but you should also be knowledgeable about the company and what they do

Analyst, Portfolio Management Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hall Capital Partners (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions on the phone prepared by the HR. The analyst didn't seem too interested in interviewing anyways. They ask about teamwork, go through your resume, what you did, why you are interested, what did you do to prepare. I applied through my university and they asked to set up the interview within a few days. Never heard back after the interview.

Portfolio Management Group, Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hall Capital Partners in September 2016.

Interview

Got through two rounds of interviews but wasn't given the opportunity for the in person. My buddy did however and he got a free trip to San Francisco out of it. Overall it was a good experience, I feel like the company gives more applicants chances than other companies.

Analyst, Business Development/Investor Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hall Capital Partners (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

1st round phone call with one employee. After more than two weeks, they scheduled the 2nd round video call with two different employees. After one week, they notified me and scheduled a 3rd (final) round. Hall Capital flew me out to the SF office, I met with six employees and they provided lunch (however had me sit alone in a room to eat it). They notified me of their decision two weeks after the final interview. They gave me a schedule for the day, but accidentally gave me another candidate's paper that had her name on it, so I was aware of the other candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you showed integrity. What's something you'd like me to know about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hall Capital Partners (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Two lackluster, initial phone interviews that lasted 30 minutes each. Final Super Day consisted of a excel assessment, and six rounds of one-on-one interviews. It is apparent that Hall Capital is an unlikely vanguard against corporate America's diversity problem. Every employee I spoke with was white, often graduates from the same universities, majoring in the same fields and were Hall Capital "Lifers." I was not impressed by their business model and the responsibilities of the position. A few VPs came off unenthusiastic about the work/favorite projects they've been apart of.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news to a manager   Answer Question

Really lacking in strong senior leadership that's excited about the work, industry and clients. I'm not interested in working at any firm where employees are not passionate about the initiatives they're driving.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hall Capital Partners (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very fun and efficient. The first step was an interview over the phone--it was basically an introduction to the company and culture. I was contacted the day after the first round for a second round interview. The first and second round phone interviews were both very behavioral. After the second round interview, I was contacted for a final in-person interview. The in-person interviews consisted of multiple behavioral interviews and one excel test. Although the process was very long, it seems as though the company is genuinely interest in finding employees who would be a great fit. The people in the office were great and HR made the process so enjoyable! The Glassdoor reviews were also very helpful.

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hall Capital Partners in April 2016.

Interview

There are two phone call interviews and then they bring you into the office for a third and final interview. I heard back quickly after the first phone call interview, but after the second phone call interview I did not hear back until 2 weeks later. Overall, interview difficulty was not too bad.

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hall Capital Partners in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through online portal, got an email about a phone interview a couple months later. Followed up with a skype interview with two members of the portfolio management team weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to learn about Hall Capital Partners?   Answer Question
    • What are you looking to get out of this internship experience?   Answer Question
    • What's a time that you and a team member disagreed? What did you do?   Answer Question