Hapag-Lloyd Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2016

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hapag-Lloyd (Lisle, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I sent a resume to the hiring manager after professor recommendation and set up an interview. They were impressed with my resume and I got the position. I had a friend who worked there as well who I asked for a few pointers, but didn't get any specific advice. I met with the HR manager and the Manager of the department I was interviewing in and it went well. Fairly easy interview, with nice people.

Interview Questions

• What major projects or assignments have you worked on in college that would be relevant?   1 Answer

Sales Steering Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hapag-Lloyd (Lisle, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

They require 1 or 2 interviews. There isn't any room for improvement or moving up. They are understaffed and try to pay as less as possible. So much work, long hours, so high expectations, but no respect. I wouldn't recommend!

Interview Questions

• Team work experiences will be for sure asked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Rejected.

Export Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hapag-Lloyd (Chicago, WI) in May 2011.

Interview

Brief - not very in depth - I suppose that is why we have what we have. Very biased and male oriented - not professional by any means. Senior Management seems to ask the same questions in different ways, I felt like he was very distracted and repetitive.. kind of a confusing interview along with confusing statements and unprofessional statements

Interview Questions

• Not much - very minimal questions - not surprising once you get here and realize the quality of the work place, morale and environment this company creates. Very demoralizing in the end   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hapag-Lloyd (Tampa, FL) in October 2009.

Interview

Interview lasted about 15 minutes and was at the end of the job fair. The recruiter asked me quetions regarding my resume along with ofther various qualifications i had told him about regarding the position.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thane (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hapag-Lloyd (Thane (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

at first hr took a group interview about personal background and explained the job profile. Second stage was aptitude test followed by typing and finally personal interview last was manager round

Interview Questions

• about self about shipping firm about company. whether comfortable with rotation shift   Answer Question

Inside Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hapag-Lloyd (Chennai (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Questions were asked about technical areas and how we find ourselves in the next 5 years from the technical side
    how can you cope up with pressure
    how can you deal with facilities provided

Interview Questions

• how many times have we operated in diferent regions and areas and what are the common challenges faced   1 Answer

better ffer

Port Terminal Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hapag-Lloyd (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Interview process with head of the departement and Director. Finally with HR. if your a fresher u able answer about your skillset in system and communication skills. If your are exp u could able to answer relevant questions.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about shipping company?   1 Answer

Temporary Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hapag-Lloyd (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Was brought through with an agency who sold the company as a fun and easy place to work in. After an initial face to face interview where I met with human resources and the manager I was given the position almost immediately and began working the next day.

Interview Questions

• Did not experience any difficult questions. Most were general interview stuff, such as most difficult experience, your strengths etc.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Interview

Interview asking me the general questions like why did i apply and why i want to work for them. explain my goals and why i believe they should hire me. then i had to continue the interview in one of my other languages that were listed on my resume, to show my proficiency etc.
    Got called the next day and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• To continue the interview in one of the languages that is listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Executive Controlling Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Hapag-Lloyd in April 2012.

Interview

HR and Director interested in experience and choices made

Interview Questions

• Which job responsibilities are you interested when applying?   Answer Question