Hapag-Lloyd Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 25, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hapag-Lloyd (Lisle, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I sent a resume to the hiring manager after professor recommendation and set up an interview. They were impressed with my resume and I got the position. I had a friend who worked there as well who I asked for a few pointers, but didn't get any specific advice. I met with the HR manager and the Manager of the department I was interviewing in and it went well. Fairly easy interview, with nice people.

Interview Questions

• What major projects or assignments have you worked on in college that would be relevant?   1 Answer

Sales Steering Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hapag-Lloyd (Lisle, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

They require 1 or 2 interviews. There isn't any room for improvement or moving up. They are understaffed and try to pay as less as possible. So much work, long hours, so high expectations, but no respect. I wouldn't recommend!

Interview Questions

• Team work experiences will be for sure asked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Rejected.

Export Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hapag-Lloyd (Chicago, WI) in May 2011.

Interview

Brief - not very in depth - I suppose that is why we have what we have. Very biased and male oriented - not professional by any means. Senior Management seems to ask the same questions in different ways, I felt like he was very distracted and repetitive.. kind of a confusing interview along with confusing statements and unprofessional statements

Interview Questions

• Not much - very minimal questions - not surprising once you get here and realize the quality of the work place, morale and environment this company creates. Very demoralizing in the end   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hapag-Lloyd (Tampa, FL) in October 2009.

Interview

Interview lasted about 15 minutes and was at the end of the job fair. The recruiter asked me quetions regarding my resume along with ofther various qualifications i had told him about regarding the position.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hapag-Lloyd (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

First interview through recruiter, then to the interview with the company's two managers. Then progressed to another interview with the HR Manager and another manager. Then progressed to pre-employment medical checks, sent to a medical centre to go through rather thorough and intrusive medical history and physical examination. All this happened within one week. Was told that they were looking for hire immediately due to growth demands. Was also told to expect to hear the outcome and decision within a few days. Waited till the tail end of next week, still no news. Chased recruiter regarding any news, was advised haven't heard anything from client. The next week got a call early in the week to say they're making a final decision and should hear in the next couple of days. Again, waited until the end of the week nothing. The next week also received no news. Called the recruiter only to be told, again they haven't heard from their client. This went on for approximately 5 weeks or 6 weeks. Every time the recruiter called, it's to advise that they have no news, not even a rejection or no offer or not successful, just to close off the loop on my application. After over a month of waiting and being told constantly that they were still holding meetings and making final decision, finally received the call, and was advised they chose someone else.
    I understand the hiring decision process takes time. However, feel that they've handled my application very poorly. They kept stringing me along for so long. If they were not going to offer me the role, after going through all the stages, surely it could've taken them sooner than 6 weeks. Just get the impression they are rather inconsiderate bunch of people. Perhaps it is a leasing in disguise for me not to be offered the role to work there, as they seem to be insensitive employer and not conscientious of other people.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. I.e. Why do you want to work here, etc   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thane (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hapag-Lloyd (Thane (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

at first hr took a group interview about personal background and explained the job profile. Second stage was aptitude test followed by typing and finally personal interview last was manager round

Interview Questions

• about self about shipping firm about company. whether comfortable with rotation shift   Answer Question

Inside Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hapag-Lloyd (Chennai (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Questions were asked about technical areas and how we find ourselves in the next 5 years from the technical side
    how can you cope up with pressure
    how can you deal with facilities provided

Interview Questions

• how many times have we operated in diferent regions and areas and what are the common challenges faced   1 Answer

better ffer

Port Terminal Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hapag-Lloyd (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Interview process with head of the departement and Director. Finally with HR. if your a fresher u able answer about your skillset in system and communication skills. If your are exp u could able to answer relevant questions.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about shipping company?   1 Answer

Temporary Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hapag-Lloyd (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Was brought through with an agency who sold the company as a fun and easy place to work in. After an initial face to face interview where I met with human resources and the manager I was given the position almost immediately and began working the next day.

Interview Questions

• Did not experience any difficult questions. Most were general interview stuff, such as most difficult experience, your strengths etc.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Interview

Interview asking me the general questions like why did i apply and why i want to work for them. explain my goals and why i believe they should hire me. then i had to continue the interview in one of my other languages that were listed on my resume, to show my proficiency etc.
    Got called the next day and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• To continue the interview in one of the languages that is listed on my resume.   Answer Question