Harlem Hospital Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.2

Certified Surgical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harlem Hospital Center (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview process was amazing, very friendly staff. they gave a brief tour of the different departments. only thing is that it took about a month to get a call back.

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you?, What are your strengths and weaknesses? Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harlem Hospital Center (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with nurse recruiter and interviewed for 30 minutes before unit manager came in and interviewed me for another 20 minutes. Unit was not shown to me. Manager offered other positions in other units if I was interested in those.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Harlem? Why do you choose the NICU? How long do you plan on staying?   Answer Question

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Harlem Hospital Center (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by head dept of nursing and 2 others in the room. They were in scrubs asking questions such as I.V's and your background. How long have you been looking for work? Are you in college? What major?

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel we should hire you?   1 Answer

Licensed Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harlem Hospital Center (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The online job listing at HHC and the actual position was different. The position online was geared more towards a type of psychiatric setting, where a social worker would manage a small case load under proper supervision, and conduct both short and long-term therapies. I was informed from the outset of the interview that the actual position was more medically-oriented and would be based on an acute setting, with client interventions lasting as short as a few hours to a maximum of five days. I'm not sure as to why the online posting wasn't redressed.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous work (internship) experiences help you in this kind of acute, crisis-oriented setting?

How do you manage under a crisis (client-related) at work? And provide an example of one.

Tell us about a notable accomplishment you had in the past in any of your professional experiences.

What is your experience working with a interdisciplinary team? If you don't have any, describe to us some of the difficulties you think might arise.

What are some of the difficulties you faced when working as a group?   Answer Question

RN Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Harlem Hospital Center.

Interview

first applied via agency, and interview with nurse director, interview took about 20 minutes. interview was not difficulty mostly they asked my previous experiences and nursing knowledge. and gave me situation that what I should act as experienced RN.

Interview Questions

• why do you apply this job? what is your professional goal?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harlem Hospital Center.

Interview

I went to the recent career fair. Waited over an hour for a 3-4 minute interview. I tried my best to sell myself in this short period of time. I really showed my personality/passion and said my strengths and explained how my experiences have made me well-rounded.

Interview Questions

• With all the people that are here today, why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Assistant Pharmacy Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harlem Hospital Center.

Interview

Applied online, received a telephone call 4 weeks later, met up with the director and had a pleasant experience during interview. Invited to go back for a second interview with other team leaders. We discussed workflow differences, backgrounds of current employees, shifts, how schedules are made, training and development, thoughts on the facility and location (Harlem with median income <30,000), etc. Both interviews took about 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the new changes that you have implemented at your current job? How do you go about getting someone who is not a team player to become a team player?   Answer Question

Med Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harlem Hospital Center (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

The initial communications were good but after three interviews are still had no notion of compensation package communications after that ceased simple social graces with suffice to at least let prospective candidates know the status of their application

Interview Questions

• Basic background experience   1 Answer

Therapist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harlem Hospital Center.

Interview

I was sent by an agency who set up the interview for the following week. The interview took place one on one with the Department Chair. Most questions were focused on establishing experience and familiarity with a variety of protocols and treatment techniques. The rest of the time was spent explaining the details of the job and a tour of the hospital.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were focused on familiarity with policies in an acute care setting.   Answer Question

Coordinating Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harlem Hospital Center in October 2010.

Interview

I am seeking a position which will enable me to serve victims of domestic violence and rape/sexual assault in their efforts to move beyond the violence they have experienced. I recognize that such victims are not responsible for the violence they experienced and seek to enable them to understand this so that they can move beyond the violence they have experienced and create non-violent lives for themselves.

Interview Questions

• How do you communicate with victims of domestic violence that they are not responsible for the violence they have experienced   Answer Question