Harris Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Harris Communications

BD Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Harris Communications (Rochester, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

HR phone screen
    1 day of round robin style interview
    months of inaction and then informal communication with hiring manager
    still negotiating with HR.

Interview Questions

• What question have I not asked you?   1 Answer

Trainer Seminars Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Pedro Sula (Honduras)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Communications (San Pedro Sula (Honduras)) in March 2009.

Interview

This was a promotion although I did have to take a skills and psychometric. Made a feature presentation to management which lasted 30-minutes

Interview Questions

• Can you identify the 3Vs of communication   1 Answer
    • Which is the most dominant   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Harris Communications in March 2009.

Interview

Given that this was a position as language instructor, I felt that each step was being measured and evaluated. From my initial email which asked me to submit a cover letter (I found out later it was used to evaluated my writing/ persuasion skills) to my teaching sample, knowldge testing, presentation / communications skills, it was a very complete and challenging process. Be prepared to back-up your statements with evidence. So if you are asked a technical question, for example, you will have to prove you know what you are talking about. Also, it is interesting that the meetings / interviews are in various locations throughout the building. You get an interesting view of the culture which appears to be goal orientated, communicative and engaged.

Interview Questions

• So, you love teaching as I understand it, Yes? What better way than to show us than providing us with a teaching sample.   1 Answer
    • You have real experience in grammer, as you have mentioned, yes? Can you tell me how you use the past perfect in reporting speech?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay grades are established. Hard to get a better deal at my level.