Hart InterCivic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hart InterCivic Interview Questions

Lead Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hart InterCivic (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

This interview was slotted for 2 hours, but went 4.5 hrs. It seemed very unorganized. There was no internal recruiter, no HR, and no administrative assistant coordinating things. The hiring manager was coordinating everything herself.

When I arrived I was greeted by a cheerful secretary who asked me to sign a log book. I then waited 30 min in the lobby, past the scheduled interview time.

1. The 1st round consisted of a very inexperienced junior level 3-panel interview team. Seemed a strange interview team, as I was interviewing for a Lead role, to potentially lead these junior employees. Their questions were extremely basic, but one interviewer seemed intent on "tripping me up". I am certain I was asked some advanced questions that she didn't even know the answers to, I saw her write my correct answers down to probably Google later. The fact that I was interviewed by such junior level staff was a bit insulting...like students interviewing a teacher. This round lasted 1 hour, and we changed interview rooms 3 times during it, because they kept getting kicked out of where we were by someone else, as they failed to properly reserve the meeting room resources. What a pain.

2. The 2nd round was with QA management. This lasted 3.5 hours, which was 3 hours longer than the scheduled 2 hr interview (after waiting 30 min past the start time, in the lobby). She was very long winded. I was uncomfortable with the interview length being completely disregarded - I had time commitments elsewhere. Maintaining the interview scheduled time is pretty basic...

She started off asking me to go to the whiteboard and draw one of my current employer's "system diagrams". I informed her that I can't disclose my employer's confidential information, that it was a breech of the NDA that I signed. She responded by saying: "OK, then draw the system diagram of one of your PRIOR employer's products". I advised her that I could not disclose company secrets of any past employers either. It was very clear to me that she lacked the proper training for how to properly (and ethically) interview.

She proceeded to go into so much detail with her own company's product that I felt like I was in product training for new employees. Entirely too much detail - the focus of an interview is to see if a candidate can do the job he's interviewing for, not to train the candidate on your products. She also took two personal phone calls during this time, in front of me, which I can say I've never seen before while being interviewed, ever.

At the end of the interview, the QA management seemed pleased with my aptitude enough to inform me that she planned to schedule 2 more interview rounds, for an additional 4 hours. I thought to myself that this could possibly be the longest job interview in history. Absolutely no regard for time constraints.

3. I never received this additional interview invite, at least within the time frame that I was willing to wait for it. I waited 7 days. I emailed the manager to tell her I was withdrawing from the interview, since I hadn't heard from her. I received no response in return.

In actuality, I wasn't excited about working here. I wasn't impressed by the team I would lead, and I wasn't impressed by the manager that would manage me. I also wasn't impressed with the actual product, is was far too simple. This would have been a move backwards in my career.

Interview Questions

• Write a SQL query for this statement: "Display the Employee Name for employees who's salary is been 100k and 150k, and who work for the Engineering department.   Answer Question
    • What's the fundamental difference between Oracle's database and Microsoft's SQL Server database?   Answer Question
    • What is the purpose for Performance Testing?   Answer Question
    • What's the definition of an test framework?   Answer Question
    • What's the difference between "functional tests" and "non functional tests"?   Answer Question
    • What information goes in a manual test case?   Answer Question
    • What us the "Finally" block for, in Java's "Try/Catch/Finally" methods?   Answer Question

Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I interviewed at Hart InterCivic (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview arrangement was made through a recruiter.

There were three separate on-site interviews. First was meeting the QA Director, and getting an overview of their product and process. Second was meeting with another QA Engineer. General QA questions. The third interview was close to 3 hours, where you interview with the VP of Engineering, Technical Architect and the QA Manager again...all separate interview.

No post feedback from the recruiter or Hart Intercivic. Have not heard anything from them at all. Assumed after not hearing anything for a few weeks that they weren't interested, but they have been trying to hire for that same position for over 6 months now.

Interview Questions

• Standard QA questions from QA Director. VP wanted me to draw the architecture of the system environment for my last 2 employers.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hart InterCivic (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a few phone interviews and met with a variety of employees at the headquarters. It seemed like a great atmosphere - and that the company has a lot of potential. Press releases shows a lot of wins coming through for the new system. There are a lot of great people there, and the facilities were really nice.

I wish I could have joined but the travel was a little more than I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• You had to explain your PM experience in the industry specifically.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hart InterCivic.

Interview

The process was very professional and was a positive experience. They are doing very interesting work I was approached for a phone interview and after a couple of exchanges, we agreed to a time. We had a very good conversation for about 30 minutes or so. The discussion was very balanced between some background on the job/company, questions for me and time for me to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• The questions were straightforward - no tricks. They were behavioral-based questions, so be prepared to answer questions like...describe for me a time when you did....., tell me about a time when you handled a type of situation, or based on what you know about this position and company, how do you fit.   Answer Question