Hastings Direct Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hastings Direct Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hastings Direct in June 2017.

Interview

Initially I had a phone call, this was just to find out enough about me to see if I could go on to do the video interview. I spoke to a lovely lady who then emailed me the link for the video interview.

Contact Centre Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hastings Direct (Leicester, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

You won't be the only candidate. You will have a competency based interview, standard questions, review of your CV, time spent with the team call listening. Mathematical test around typical call centre stats and also a group role play which is like being interviewed by potential subordinates. Was informed it was a presentation but this isn't what they are looking for at all, they want you to be inspirational and motivating, not easy with people you don't know so think performance and not necessarily substance!

Interview Questions

Hastings Direct Response

Jun 19, 2017 – Senior Recruitment Consultant

We were really disappointed to hear your feedback and are very keen to discuss further with you as our candidate experience is very important to us. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss ... More

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hastings Direct in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, didn't hear for weeks (after the close date) and so called and emailed multiple times.
    Emailed ignored.
    Calls go straight to answerphone and not returned.
    Had the phone interview and was told I would hear in a week (about 5 weeks ago).
    I still haven't heard but assume its a no.

Interview Questions

Hastings Direct Response

Mar 27, 2017 – In-House Recruiter

Hello, thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is not our standard approach as our values are centred around providing a positive candidate experience. We take this very seriously so ... More

Customer Representative - Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hastings Direct (Leicester, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from the recruitment team. Very friendly, passed the interview with no problem. Invited into the office for role play and 1:1 interview, the role play was all over the place. very unprofessional. I also felt the team leader was very judgemental and critical of my background.

Assistant Accountant Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bexhill, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hastings Direct (Bexhill, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

CV and Cover Letter, Numerical Test, Phone Interview, Face to Face Interview

People I interviewed with were simply amazing: friendly, passionate and professional. I have also received a lot of support from the recruiter specifically while preparing for my presentation. I would have most definitely accepted the offer but there were some other circumstances that came up and thus, I could not accept it. However, I recommend for others to apply, these are clearly fantastic people to work with.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to study towards ACCA?   Answer Question
    • Why Hastings Direct and why Insurances specifically?   1 Answer

Human Resources Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hastings Direct in January 2016.

Interview

Internal recruiter was brilliant.

The testing followed by an interview with the Head of HR Operations and Head of operations can only be described as poor. Hastings appear to take a sheep dip approach to testing and don't use one which has any bearing on your ability to do the role for which you have applied. There is no structured feedback from the testing and, in my case, my confidentiality was breached as information from the test was shared inappropriately. The testing process did not follow any guidelines with which I am familiar.

The interview was not structured and a minimal number of questions were asked. There was insufficient time allowed for the interview and, as a result, the recruiter had to come back and ask additional questions after the interview and, offer me the opportunity to pose any questions. It was clear that one interviewer was clearly more interested in detailing their own experience rather than probing mine!

The feedback following the interview was very poor and given the lack of probing/structure to the interview I do not know how anyone could make a decision regarding my suitability for the role.

The whole process was unprofessional with the exception of the input from the internal recruiter. If this is the way that people who should know better conduct themselves then I would query the standard of recruitment and selection practice throughout the organisation.

Interview Questions

Hastings Direct Response

Jan 25, 2016 – Recruitment Executive

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our recruitment process. We will be investigating your feedback further and will take this on board.

Assistant Manager, Financial Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bexhill-on-Sea, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hastings Direct (Bexhill-on-Sea, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Warm, 1-1 interview in a friendly environment lasting 45 minutes circa with the recruiting manager.
    The interview kicked off with introduction to the company, the reason the role and the expectation of the right candidate for the role. Feedback was received after a week

Interview Questions

• How my past experience fit in with the role being applied for   1 Answer

X Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bexhill, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hastings Direct (Bexhill, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Quick, simple and Insightful.
    The interview was arranged for when suited me, this gave me the chance to go to the office and was given a tour to familiarise myself with the environment and scale of the company. Interview was painless and easy. Lovely interviewer. Offer through wither the same day or morning after.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hastings Direct.

Interview

The staff were all very friendly and put me at ease quickly. There was a presentation at the beginning which talked through the role more and watched a video about what it's like working for them. I then call listened into Claims and then had a interview and role play.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hastings Direct (Leicester, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial application online, requires employment and history submission including CV
    Second round telephone interview, qualifying your application and employment history, friendly and straight to the point, advising the particulars of the role (i.e. high pressured environment)
    Third round interview, on successful completion of telephone interview will be invited for interview to the local offices
    Interview itself was very relaxed, interviewer(s) are young and understanding of your position (as they were there themselves not long ago), intro video to the business, discussion of role, role play (optional), then competency based questions

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you received good customer service   1 Answer