Havas Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Planning Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Havas Worldwide (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a straight forward interview. Only spoke with planners but spoke with 6 of them. They wanted to know about me and see how my mind worked. I wanted to make sure we could work together. In the end we were all happy with the resul

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Havas Worldwide (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone call with an HR recruiter at the firm. The next day I went in to meet with her in person for 30 minutes. I got an email within 2 days asking me to come in to meet with 6 people. I met with everyone who would be on my team for 30 minutes each. They called the next morning and offered me a position.

I enjoyed meeting everyone from the team, however, working with the HR Recruiter was a nightmare. She was extremely pushy from the beginning. When she called to offer me the position, she pushed me to verbally accept at that moment or told me the team would be disappointed in me. I told her I wanted a formal offer to review before I would accept anything. She then emailed me twice asking to confirm a start date that wouldn't allow me to give my current position 2 weeks. About 5 PM that evening (I had spoken with her at 2PM) she sent my contract over.

The next morning, I emailed her as I wanted to negotiate and she responded that she was disappointed as they were upfront about the salary. She then responded that she would ask only if I would verbally accept at that point, which I wasn't ready to do. Once I declined, I received an extremely rude response indicating that the whole procedure was nothing but "a wasted effort by the team."

Interview Questions

They acting like negotiating was a huge hassle. They only wanted to negotiate with me if I accepted the offer. I felt extremely pushed by the HR person and decided that it wasn't the right fit for me.

Strategy Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Havas Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Fast interview process. Went from one phone interview to in-person interviews in under a week. Quick offer and negotiation process. Less than desirable moving package but did get the offer of corporate housing or a moving allowance.

Negotiation

They did not move much from their original offer.

Strategy Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Havas Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

It wasn't too difficult. There was one Skype interview, three in-person reviews, and then a phone call with the President of the office. A decision was made quickly, and they were very negotiable in the contract.

Interview Questions

• Why Havas? Why now?   1 Answer
    • What is your knowledge of the client's business that you'll be working on?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Havas Worldwide (New York, NY) in October 2008.

Interview

The interview process is good and makes sense. I had two interviews. First one had the objective to see whether I was a good fit on the personal level and skill set level. They had one non technical, one technical and the hiring manager in the same room. There were firing lots of questions, but they didn't require detailed answers. Second interview was much tougher. The objective of it was to see if you can cut it on the professional level. They had the hiring manger, director of the group and director of the department (BIG boss). Interview was much tougher and required great deal of details. I liked the approach they took where they throw a real life situation and asked how you would handle it. Also, they asked what was my most difficult project and second part of the interview was based around it. Over all impression about the company was positive; honest real people and professionals.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of what your present employer not doing right and how would you do it better?   2 Answers

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Havas Worldwide (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

I met with the then supervisor of the department I would be entering. We spoke and they called me the next day. Interviewing was fine. Negotiating was ok too but since that time there have been so many structural changes to the way things are managed that I do not consider it to be the same place that I interviewed at anymore.

Interview Questions

• What did you think of your previous employers?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Havas Worldwide.

Interview

Phone interview with HR department for about 30 minutes. Received call back within 48 hours and then was called in for an in-person interview. Interviewed with about 3 team members that I would work with

Interview Questions

Havas Worldwide Response

Oct 10, 2018 – Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you had a positive interview experience and are happy to have you on board!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Havas Worldwide (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

The process itself was quick, but the actual interviews were lengthy...in a good way! Less of an interview and more of a really great conversation. Everyone was so nice and welcoming, it felt like you were talking to people you had been friends with forever. Being able to discuss mutual love for advertising and marketing was especially nice, and they all seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me not just quizzing generic questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Havas Worldwide (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

The screening HR interview was just very basic. When I went in to interview in person I only had the opportunity to meet with someone that started working there 6 months ago. He was unfriendly and not a great representation of the company. After our 30 min long talk he then went to get the VP of client services and coincenditically he was unable to make the interview. Very disappointing, but why would I want to work in a company like that anyway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Havas Worldwide (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Waited for 15 minutes for them to find a room for me to interview in. The interviewers were very laid back and asked basic questions of my strengths, weaknesses, and things about the client I was interviewing for.