Hawaii Behavioral Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hawaii Behavioral Health

Skills Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hawaii Behavioral Health (Honolulu, HI) in January 2016.

Interview

Don't worry about this interview if all you want is get a job quickly to pay a little bit of your bills. They will ask only easiest questions. As long as you are free from tuberculosis and have met minimum education requirements, they going to offer you a job and $18 an hour on the spot.

Better you focusing on asking THEM questions so you can make a good decision if you want to take their offer up. They will try to focus on telling you about the work you do with client, but you need to ask about how many hours are guaranteed (zero) and if people lose their benefit insurance when the company doesn't have any work for them (yes.) Ask if you will get paid for time and gas money if they send you across the island but client doesn't come to school (no.)

I was excited to get the offer immediately, but after I realize their business model is to have more skills trainers on staff than available work, I didn't feel confident in accepting their job conditions. My son working at Chuck E. Cheese has more job stability than this company offering. Very sad for qualified skills trainers who could do good work, and sad for clients who need to have care from agency which doesn't focus only on putting warm bodies in seats so they can collect money.

Interview Questions

Attractive hourly pay is no meaning if they don't have work for you.

Skills Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaii Behavioral Health (Honolulu, HI) in March 2015.

Interview

I went in and met with a program coordinator, who described his experience working in that position to me. Asked me if I had any experience working with children with developmental disabilities, asked about my availability.

Interview Questions

• If a child grabbed a pair of scissors in their hand and looked in danger of hurting themselves, what would you do?   Answer Question

Skills Trainer - Autism Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hawaii Behavioral Health (Honolulu, HI) in January 2013.

Interview

A joke. Made to feel stupid during the process. Also, NO drug screen!! This is a job working with kids and I ended up working with crack heads and meth users. SUCH a joke.

Interview Questions

• She just read from a packet of paper and stared at me for my response. No personality.   1 Answer