Heartbeat Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Heartbeat

3.4

1. Featured Interview

ACD Copy Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartbeat.

Interview

Best interview process EVER! Admittedly I came in worried. I was slated to meet with three creatives in one afternoon, I seriously wondered if I'd need a scooter... But it was seamless and dare I say...FUN. I had to really give deep thought to my answers. No run of the mill questions. And while my skill set wasn't a perfect fit for the postion, it was a rich, rewarding experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your personal management style regarding motivating juniors writers while keeping the work on schedule? When do you step in? Or do you?   Answer Question

Associate Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heartbeat (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was seamless. I was able to meet with all pertinent parties in a single day. The offer letter came within days of the interview and I was set up very quickly with no complications.

Interview Questions

• What made me decide to change careers and begin a media career at Heartbeat?   1 Answer

Associate Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Heartbeat (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I received an email from the creative recruiter to set up a phone call. The phone call was short and brief and only asked about my salary expectations, relocating without assistance and then informed me about a design test I would be receiving and I would have 24 hours to complete it. After I completed the design test and emailed my submission I heard back with the next 24 hours and didn't get a second interview. When I asked for feedback on what the reason was I was given a very vague and overly broad answer that my design wasn't what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heartbeat in November 2017.

Interview

Communication throughout the entire interview process was a breeze, regardless of level or area of expertise of those I met with, emailed, or spoke to. HR was flexible when it came to needing to reschedule or even working around my current work schedule so I could find the time to meet with folks. It seems like a great place to work, from the work/life balance to how genuinely happy everyone is.

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Heartbeat (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by someone in a recruitment function at Heartbeat Ideas to discuss an opening they had. I had the category experience they were looking for, and After a pleasant enough phone interview, I was invited to interview with two current team members.

The first account lead person I spoke to was harried, didn't make eye contact, and asked me to sum up my career while she appeared to be checking her email and shifting papers on her desk. This lasted about 10 minutes.

The second interview was with a strategy director. She sat back with her arms crossed, dispassionately lobbing what appeared to be "gotcha" questions at me (see below), rather than engaging in an exchange of experiences or ideas. When I asked about her years of experience at Heartbeat, probing what she felt were the challenges of working on healthcare clients were, she quickly and emphatically replied that if she could choose, she'd never work in healthcare ever again. She wouldn't offer a reason why, and the question marked the crescendo of our dialog.

I had been long curious about Heartbeat, read a lot about Bill Drummy, and looked forward to understanding what makes them unique. I'd characterize this as one of the stranger clusters of interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Many strange questions. Here are a couple:
      "What was the worst thing written about you on your last performance review? How do you think you need to address that problem?"
      "Why would anyone hire freelancers for a launch?"   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Heartbeat (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The entire interview process went very quick for me, I spoke with two recruiters via a conference call as a pre-interview, and then had a scheduled in-person meeting for the following week. I went in that morning and met with three different people, the company was very prompt and prepared. I arrived early and once I checked in with the receptionist the first person quickly came and took me to a conference room. I have been on interviews were I felt that I was waiting around for awhile, but not here. After the morning was over I received a call soon after asking me to come back the next day to meet with one team member who was out of the office the first day.

I arrived the next morning, and was quickly greeted by the team member and was taken to begin our discussion. After I left the second day I received a call later that day with a verbal offer, and signed the written formal document by the third day. Overall this was by the fastest and best interview I have ever been on!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job and work here?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your HCP and Consumer experience. And about your Digital and Print experience.   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heartbeat (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I met with many members of the team as well as other teams. I visited in person 3 times for follow-up interviews. Questions made me think, they gave me a realistic picture of what the work entails.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Heartbeat (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It took about two hours, whereby I had to wait for interviewers to get out of "last minute meetings." I met with 5 different people who were all underwhelmed buy their busy day and all asked the same questions. After I followed up with the recruiter on the status of the interview. He said that I didn't provide resumes to the interviewers which was completely false. This said a lot about the team's integrity, complete turn off.

Tech Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Heartbeat (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a phone chat with the recruiter then I was brought in to talk to a few key people in the company. I thought I had done well as was excited for the next steps but thats where things went south. First I was told that I would get feedback the monday following the interview on friday which is fair. I waited until mid week and had not heard anything so I reached out to the company. I was told one of the people I spoke to was ill and I need to wait until they came back. Again that seemed fair. A week goes by and I don't hear anything. I again reach out to the company and don't rcvd any response. I reach out to them one final time a week later and nothing. I am fine with not being asked to move onto the next steps but just leaving me in limbo is neither fair or professional.