Heitman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.4

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Heitman (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

HR reached out to me and we had a half hour phone interview. The woman I spoke with was pleasant and ran through my background and asked a wide range of questions about why I wanted to work at Heitman. She noticed I had worked for a competitor recently in another state, and she queried why I wasn't applying to a job at the competitor's Chicago office. Uh, because I quit and am applying to work at Heitman! I sent a thank you card and a week later emailed both the recruiter that first contacted me and the woman from HR I interviewed with asking for an update and neither ever replied. Terribly unprofessional.

Applications Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied via the website and received an email for a phone screening. Such nice people it was a pleasure to interview. I had a 1st and 2nd round of interviews with all the people in the dept. Including the VP, he was especially down to earth which is why I wanted this position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Heitman (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a very nice HR person. Basic, but in depth questions that included a few behavioral questions. Come prepared and show enthusiasm and you will be fine. After the phone screen is the face to face. I interviewed with two senior VPs. Everything was casual, very laid back. After that a second face to face that included an informal offer. All in all, a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary is negotiable based on your experience. Don't be shy, negotiate!

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Heitman (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I had one initial HR round followed by two back to back interviews with the AVP and VP. It was more of behavioral questions about prior company and current job role

Interview Questions

• How my current job and why I want to leave my current company   Answer Question

Vice President, Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Heitman (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Candidates referred by existing employees get preference. HR phone screening interview first, followed by in-person interviews with various senior managers, followed by a series of peer interviews with employees in similar job description. In the past they have asked candidates to present a case study to a small group of senior managers as a final evaluation tool.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions regarding relevant experience, background, etc.   Answer Question

Financial offer was below market, and less than what Heitman offered candidates in the same role four years ago: final offer was $135k base + target bonus of 40% of base. The same role was pegged at $150k base + similar target bonus four years ago. Asset management roles with similar job descriptions and required years of experience at comparable firms are in the $150k base salary range. Future candidates should either ask or be told during the HR screening call what the approximate compensation range is, since it is a very drawn-out interview process.

Portfolio Accountant Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by two separate office interviews with 4 interviewers at each visit. Sat with each interviewer individually, some were more conversational and some were more technical with questions. Job was offered about a week after the second interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Heitman (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Telephoned and invited to interview one-on-one. Meet with very likable and friendly H.R. person, who made the hiring decisions - no need for call back. I was hired within five days of meeting. A benefit package session was held and one month after I was hired, an informal appetizer and drinks function was held where all new hires met and interacted with different departmental managers and upper management - very casual and non-intimidating.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for as an Administrative Assistant?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable upon experience. However, once hired, the promise of responsibilities and task and training were non-existent. I experienced boredom and couldn't create work; I was losing my skills so I moved on.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Heitman (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone interview

Interview Questions

• All questions were expected.   1 Answer

Senior Trading Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Heitman (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Had a 30 mins. phone interview, which went very well. Called me in for 4 1/2 hrs face to face with 5 people. Again, went very well. Said would get back to me within a week. Four weeks later, still no word.

Interview Questions

• No hard or unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Portfolio Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Heitman (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was rather quick and I would say, somewhat professional. I was referred into Heitman and my resume landed on the HR desk rather quickly. Two hours went by and I got a phone call for a phone screening the following week. My phone screening lasted about 17 minutes before our call ended. About an hour after, I received an email requesting I come in for an in person interview the very next day. I met with 3 people on all very different levels concerning the fund I could be joining. This interview lasted about 2.5 hours but we ran late and it took 3 hours. After coming home from my 1st in person interview, I get an email requesting for me to come back in 2 days for a 2nd round. I did. This time I met with 4 different people all on the Florida fund I would be working on. I think I ended great but the last person I met with had some very difficult questions. The hiring process is simple. If they like you, they'll move you along the interview quickly ( They gave me 3 interviews in 4 days). The team you meet with will debrief after you leave and they vote if you move to the next round of interviews. If just one person says no, you won't be moving forward. Less than 12 hours after my final interview, I was given the red light and they selected someone else.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to describe a cash flow analysis without using tools, simply words.   Answer Question