Heliae Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Heliae Development

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Heliae Development (Gilbert, AZ).

Interview

The hiring process took several hours and was a series of 30 minute one-on-one interviews with R&D staff members. It seemed as if there was a lack of coordination between the interviewers as they all asked similar or the very same questions. The questions were all behavioral and very simple. The only real technical question they asked was "describe your knowledge of algae" and I feel that unless you come from that background the expectations were minimal. The interview schedule quickly got off track as interviewers were late. Some of the interviewers literally showed up, greeted me and quickly left leaving me alone for the rest of the session. I felt that one of the staff members was disrespectful and would say things about my youth during the interview instead of focusing on my applicable experience. The same gentleman didn't make eye contact with me once while he was talking, but I could tell he was noticing other parts of me. He was the only one that really offended me. All of the other people were at least nice. It seemed like they were more nervous about the interview than I was. I went through the entire interview and was offered a job at the end of the day. I took it because I needed the work experience.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were very behavioral. Where did you go to school? What courses did you take? Name an incident where you disagreed with someone and what did you do? What do you do for hobbies?   Answer Question
    • The only hard question was probably "What is you knowledge of algae?"   1 Answer

Field Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Heliae Development (Gilbert, AZ) in July 2013.

Interview

Discussed the daily tasks involved in the role and my prior experience and how it would mutually reward both parties. At that time there was different management and was also on the poly tech campus (ASU).

Interview Questions

• Can you handle the heat (outside temperature)? It can get hotter than 140 degrees Fahrenheit in some greenhouses in summer.   1 Answer

Interview

They have every person on whatever team your interviewing for in the interview. It was a few sessions with two-three people in each session asking questions they all came up with.