HelloSign Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

VP Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HelloSign (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Since this was a senior leadership role, I had to meet several people and make 4-5 visits. The overall experience was extremely positive and I was completely blown away by the quality of conversations that I had during the course of my interview. I was fortunate to meet with many people across different departments and impressed with the way they spoke to me. It truly speaks for the friendly culture that HelloSign brags about. The recruiting team was very quick and accommodating. I thoroughly enjoyed the process!

Interview Questions

• Several topics including technology, culture, people growth and strategy.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HelloSign.

Interview

Pretty standard for SF:
    • Initial phone screen. "Who are you and why this company?"
    • Technical phone screen. Solve an algorithms question. Lasts 30-45 minutes
    • On-site interview. Three hours in three rounds with three different interviewers

Interview Questions

• • Secret santa matching algorithm (google it)
      • Bash questions (example: explain the tee command and when it's useful)
      • General language questions to determine how well you know JS/PHP
      • Given a web page that has some breaking JS errors, fix it
      • High level architecture/infrastructure question (if you know AWS well you will likely nail this)   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HelloSign in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very organized, welcoming, and accommodating. During my interview, I met 5 department heads for 30 minutes to an hour each. The questions were pretty standard for the role, and there were no surprises.

One huge surprise came towards the end: After several hours of interviewing, the hiring manager and CEO came in to see how I was doing and brought be a beverage. It was extremely hospitable, and it really showed a level of kindness that you don't usually get from interviewers (especially the CEO!).

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HelloSign.

Interview

Good culture interview, presentation and round of behavioral and performance questions. The interviewers very upbeat and had a good mix of people. It's a good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe your working style.
      2. How do you work in a group?
      3. Handling conflicts?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HelloSign (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

One Phone Interview then one onsite interview with other members of the company.
    The questions were nothing beyond whats expected for role I was interviewing for and the entire interview process was welcoming and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• About me
      Why Hellosign
      Past Occpations
      Behavioral Questions   Answer Question

Information Security Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HelloSign in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter contacted me for a phone screen. During the phone screen, it was clear that the recruiter focused 100% on “cultural fit” rather than my technical skills and experiences.
    There were zero questions about solving real world technical problem and more on "why I left my current and previous jobs". Imagine you are applying for an senior accounting role but the interviewer is in marketing - there will be a total disconnect, wouldn't it?

About a month later I got the rejection email, which is not surprising. What surprised me was the fact that the company put so much weight on how I will fit in the company and none on my abilities to do the job. This is a classic situation where the recruiter is the "gatekeeper”: if the recruiter THINK you are not a good fit, regardless of how qualified you are, you will not get the job.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HelloSign (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Recruiter: 30 minute review of your background . Tell me about yourself , your ability to code on each required skills in the posting. Very well done
    Post Recruiter: Email with assignment for Technical screen with in 48 hours. Very relevant to day -day activities not a single random CS coding interview question
    Hiring Manager: 45 -1 hour : Very relevant to Test/QA questions, Technical and behavioral and review of the coding assignment.
    Onsite: 3-4 hours: CEO, CTO, Hiring Manager, Sr software Engineer, QA engineer, HR/Recruiter typical line up. Very pleasant and no random question all the technical questions were relevant to job profile/ day-day test activities.
    Overall good experience. I liked the fact that people interviewing were much aware of the job profile including CTO and CEO . None of them picked random questions that may be irrelevant to your job i.e QA/Test. Design algorithm, binary search, etc, ...

Interview Questions

• Selenium- Web driver: Automate happy path scenario.
      Rest API: Tools and various Tests strategies and scenarios.
      Behavioral, process, cultural and other team contributions   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HelloSign (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter screened me on phone for 30. Brought me in to meet her team & her higher-ups (30 mins each, 1 hour for dept head). All asked me scenario questions of which I replied with 1 or 2 examples.

*Recruiter said she would get back to me on a Monday but didn't get back to me until Wed to let me know she will get feedback from team soon. On Thursday morning she sent me an email saying they are passing on me. The reason: Unfortunately we decided not to move forward for now--for the moment we need someone with a strong record on pushback. I emailed and asked what that meant and could we get on a call so I can understand. No response yet,

Interview Questions

• I was asked how would I acclimate in a new culture, what is my process with new managers and jobs, how do I deal with difficult managers, describe a time when I had a new role or market I've never hired for, asked about systems I have used, and they asked about the highlights of my career path. At the end of each interview they asked me if I had any questions for them   1 Answer

Human Resources Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HelloSign (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had a phone screen with an engaging recruiter- you could hear AND feel his pride and enthusiasm about the Company. I met with the entire HR and Ops team and the CEO. The CEO is thoughtful and introspective. He knows a culture can help build or decouple a Company. While waiting in the lobby, at least 6 employees approached and asked if I had been helped, would I like something to drink, or just smiled and said, “Welcome!” The process is still ongoing but I came away with a great first impression.

Senior Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HelloSign (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The whole process had three stages, but I only went through the first two.

First was a phone screen with a recruiter. It was pretty good, definitely enjoyed the conversation, however, they were late by about 10 minutes.

Next, I had to schedule the second-round and this was a nightmare. I had two different recruiters messaging me about different times. It was really quite annoying.

Once I got into the second round interview, I had some good talks with their head of product, but one of their product managers was a super bummer. To say it wasn't a good culture fit is selling my point short here: he was downright depressing to talk with, reminiscent of my first internship. It gave me serious breathe-down-your-neck vibes and it was hard for me to feel enthusiastic.

Ultimately they didn't move forward to a third round (on-site) interview, and I'm pretty thankful for it. After learning more about their internal approach to design systems management, I realized it wasn't a good fit. I feel like I dodged a bullet.

Senior Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HelloSign (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

*There was one hiccup in the process where I had an initial call scheduled with their internal recruiter but she canceled as the team had decided to move forward with another candidate further along in the process. Fortunately for me, there was a snag and they were unable to hire the other candidate, so they reached back out to me.

From there, things moved very quickly. I had a phone screen with the recruiter, and then a couple days later with the head of product. I was given a design exercise, reasonably scoped to 4 hours, and I was actually compensated for my time working on it. Getting paid for a 4-hour project was not a huge deal in itself, but the gesture was noteworthy. They were telling me that they respected my time and energy as an applicant going through their hiring process and they weren't just saying it—they were showing it.

I don't know that anyone doesn't spend a tiny bit more time on these hiring exercises, but the design exercise was actually pretty reasonably scoped for the time they gave. When I came in for my onsite, I presented a portfolio project and then my exercise to a team of 5, including the head of product, a PM, a communications designer, a front-end engineer, and the CEO. They were all attentive and engaged and asked some good questions. I then had 1-1's with most of them, including a whiteboarding exercise with the head of product, and a session with the recruiter where we talked a lot about company culture—something I got the sense that they put a lot of thought and intention into. I was excited about the opportunity otherwise, but the promise of a company culture that focused on diversity, active transparency, and respectful collaboration pushed me over the top.

I learned a great deal about the company and its culture during the onsite and left the interview excited about the prospect. I did end up receiving and accepting an offer, so my opinion of the interview process is obviously colored by that, but it also stood out as a positive interview experience in how I was treated throughout.