Henry M. Jackson Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Henry M. Jackson Foundation Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

The interview process entails several standard steps and does not feel gratuitous. The process begins with a preliminary phone interview (10-45 mins). If the phone interview is successful, then you continue to an in-person interview, which lasts for about 1 to 2 hours. The phone interview roughly gauges your skill level and appropriateness for for position. The in-person interview is a more thorough scrutinization of your specific skills pertaining to the job, as well as your personality and how you'd fit in with others at the job.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a challenge you went through in the workplace, and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation.

Interview

Probably the most unprofessional people I have ever corresponded with. They invited me for an interview (about 1 month after I applied), and I responded right away with a day and time that worked for me. When I mentioned I was currently living outside the US, they asked some more questions like "is it permanent" "when will you return" to which I responded "whenever I find a new job back home I'll return" and they just never responded to me. I sent one or two follow up emails explaining that I wouldn't need relocation (current job provides that) and that I still want to interview and... crickets. If this is how they treat people before they are employed, how will they treat you when you are employed?

Medical Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Rockville, MD).

Interview

I was out of state so it was a video interview first and then in person to meet federal government employees. I first interviewed via video with a panel and then was requested to make a presentation when I met the federal employees.

Interview Questions

• What was my comfort level with safety monitoring on clinical studies.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Silver Spring, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and took about 4 weeks for HR to reach out for a phone interview which lasted about 25-30 mins. The HR interviewer was very nice and professional. The in-person interviewers however were very brief. The interviewers were distant and did not ask any questions but more so just talked down to me as though I never stepped foot in a laboratory nor spent 4 years of my life enrolled in a university taking courses that closely correlates with this position. I spent more time speaking with the techs than the supervisors. The supervisors didn't even give me a chance to tell them about myself. The interview was a waste of my time and gas. The supervisors and managers liked my resume but did not like the person that came with it. Would I say that the lab managers and supervisors are racist? From what I saw and how they treated me in less than 8 mins, yes.

Program Analyst/Science Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Detrick, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Fort Detrick, MD).

Interview

I didn't have to interview for the position as there was already a contract vehicle at my site of employment. I was added to it to work in a different role within the same organization.

Negotiation

It didn't take too long to switch from one contractor to another to fill a different role within the organization.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Received a phone call to come in for an interview about three days after I submitted an application online. Initial interview conducted by the program manager and supervisor. Second interview consisted of touring the laboratories and being asked questions by lab personnel.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions -- tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in five years, describe yourself using three words, what experience do you have working in the laboratory, etc.   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Bethesda, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was much like a conversation and relaxed. Person asking the questions offered no feed back or emotion to gauge responses with. They only asked questions along the lines of describe what you do now, how would handle this situation and what salary are you seeking. The phone interview lasted about 15-20 minutes.

Laboratory Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Bethesda, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

My interview was with 3 hiring managers in a conference room. The atmosphere seemed pretty laid back and the managers were very casual and welcoming in conversation. Overall, it was comfortable speaking with them and didn't feel the least bit interrogative. It was scheduled to last an hour, but only lasted about 30 minutes. They each had a copy of my resume so they asked questions about that and told me more details on the position.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us an example of how you handle multiple things at once?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience in the lab, with SOP's, etc?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Bethesda, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through the Henry M. Jackson Foundation via their website and was contacted about 2-3 weeks later to schedule a phone interview for the position. The phone interview ended up being a phone conference with one of the Scientists and the Scientific Director of the Center and lasted about 30 minutes. During the phone interview, I was asked pretty standard interview questions and was asked to elaborate on my resume points.

About 3 days later, I was contacted and asked to come in for a secondary interview so I could meet more of the team and get a better grasp on the role of a Research Assistant at the Center. My second interview lasted from about 8:30 AM - 11 AM, and during that time I went through four 30-minute interviews and a 30-minute tour of the Center. I met with a Researcher, two Research Assistants, a Scientist and the Scientific Director of the Center (both whom I conducted my phone interview with), and the Research Coordinator.

Everyone that I met in the Center was extremely nice and very transparent about the role of a Research Assistant and how it supports the team and the Foundation as a whole. The most striking thing to me was the level of dedication by the staff to the work done by the Center (their research focuses on psychological impact/prevalence of traumatic stress, mainly with the military and veteran population). It's refreshing to see a workplace where the employees truly find value and importance in the work they're doing, and that passion lends itself to the positive environment created by the Center.

Interview Questions

• In regards to research, what would you say your strengths are? Your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

Basic Behavioral Questions, and past work experience. It was extremely straight forward. Because this was for a research lab, many of the questions stemmed from past research experience, and what type of work I was interested in. The first interview was a phone screening interview, then two subsequent interviews with managers and supervisors.