Highbridge Capital Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Highbridge Capital Management Interview Questions

3.2

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Highbridge Capital Management (New York, NY).

Interview

Timely and will meet with many many people before extending job offer. Some are not friendly people. And they will try to sell you on a nice place to work. This is NOT true.

Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Highbridge Capital Management (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

It is a phone interview approx 30 minutes, one of the team lead ask me questions on different subjects, and then ask some behavioral questions such as my strength and weakness.

Interview Questions

• What is join and union, and some python questions   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer, Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Highbridge Capital Management (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview involved a 1 hour phone screen and two onsite visits. The phone screen was pretty straight forward tech interview. The first onsite interview was tech interview with a number of different engineers and managers. All of them were technical and included white board programming. The second onsite visit was to meet more people including head of engineering.

Interview Questions

• Implementing Trees (BFS, DFS). Designing a client server chess board program etc.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Highbridge Capital Management (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

phone screening
    in house one-on-one interviews with various members of the group you will work for as well as a member from each technology group you would have to interact with

Interview Questions

• logic questions have been asked   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Simple interview. Recruiter got to know you, technical question, then brain teaser.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Highbridge Capital Management (New York, NY).

Interview

The first round of interview is got from the school career fair. This is a telephone interview for 30 minutes. At first they ask me about the past experience and the programming experiences, especially for the projects that I did before. Also, they are trying to find some of the basic java questions. Although some of them not so familiar, but I managed to answer them.
    I think the interview went well, but actually it turned out I was reject and I did not know the reason. That's a sad news.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between the linkedlist and the arraylist in the Java?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Highbridge Capital Management (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Asked about knowledge of hedge funds and various basic finance questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain how the hedge fund industry is constantly changing and explain different types of bonds   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Highbridge Capital Management (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Asked about knowledge of database, Group By, Aggregation, Index and so on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Highbridge Capital Management (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

It was for a Java development position. At no time during the two phone screens (30 and 90 minutes) or the 2 hour in-person interview, were any Java questions, or any programming questions in general, ever asked.

The team manager was not interested in how I solved the posed problems at previous positions. He was interested in one thing, and one thing only: how to redesign their current system. He provided me DETAILED specs of the current system, and asked me, in excrutiating detail, how I would re-architect it to provide redundancy, HA, etc. Specifically, he asked for state diagrams, actors/activity diagrams, use cases, etc.

It turns out this agent sent in 12 people for face to face meetings. It turns out there were several other agents who also sent in that many people. The feedback on me was: he's perfect, but we're not ready to hire right now.

In other words, this guy offered a higher-than-high salary range to attract top talent, and then picked their brains on how to do his job - for free. He typed in every word I said on the phone screen, and collected every scrap of architectural schematics, etc, that I drew during the face-to-face meeting, but left anything I drew that detailed how I had solved the same problem at another firm.

Clearly he was only interested in using them to solve his business problem, not to hire someone.

FWIW: the agent has decided not to send any more candidates to this firm as they're clearly wasting everyone's time.

Interview Questions

• Given a system that's architected as A, B and C, how would you redesign it to include features D, E and F with HA/Failover/Redundancy/etc; Draw SPECIFIC scehmatics and relational functional diagrams; provide action and state diagrams; write pseudo code to detail work flow.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Highbridge Capital Management in March 2011.

Interview

I thought the phone interview went well. But, did not hear back.