Hill-Rom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2017

3.1

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

Recruiter from Hill-Rom reached out to me to set up an interview call.

I spoke with her to establish a time. An invite was sent and accepted.

I was prepared for the call on-time and ready with my laptop open.

The call did not happen, the message remained as accepted by the recruiter from Hill-Rom. I sent a message to them that I would be available for another 30 minutes should this call still continue. No response.

Such behavior leads me to suspect a better candidate was immediately established and I was suddenly disregarded without notice, and/or my age was established on the internet and ageism might have also become a factor.

Bad form Hill-Rom.

Interview Questions

• Complete disregard to the interview and the candidate.   1 Answer

Manager Level Position Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hill-Rom.

Interview

Phone screen by inhouse recruiter, several phone screens by hiring manager, then I was called in for a series of interviews with several VPs, the hiring manager, some group, some solo. This required taking a full day of PTO to attend. The hiring manager was beyond out of line with some of her personal questions and gender based statements but I'm not an HR whistle blower and that was pretty secondary to the fact that I was called by the recruiter after and she said everyone at hillrom agreed they wanted me as a member of their team and standby for the next phase. Then a few weeks later I received and email saying they were closing year end and they were putting something on the books with [insert executive title here]. Several of these emails came and I followed up here and there but now 7 months later I can safely say they never had the professionalism to inform me one way or the other. I'd long since taken a superior role with a company that treated me and my time with respect but I just felt compelled to make sure any candidates who feel like they are seriously being considered by this company beware of putting off any concurrent job offers even if you are being told you are a serious contender.

Interview Questions

• Are you aware that medical device is a male dominated industry? How will you handle yourself in that environment?   1 Answer
    • So are you in your 20s or 30s?   1 Answer

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hill-Rom (New York, NY).

Interview

Initially, I had to take a technical/programming skills test to evaluate my knowledge of C programming. I've been coding in C for over a decade, and it was not an easy exam. After the exam an interview was scheduled. It was a two-person panel/technical interview comprised of a couple of the senior engineers. (My understanding is that an engineering manager is usually part of the panel.) A remote desktop session was setup, and I was asked to go through several coding exercises, so that they could observe my coding style and live problem solving skills.

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Batesville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hill-Rom (Batesville, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial Phone screen with Recruiter followed up by a telephone interview with hiring manager. The next step was for them to fly me up to Batesville for an all day panel interview with multiple directors / managers. The interview started at 9:00am and ended at 3. I met with either 1 or 2 people at a time for 1hr meetings. We also had an hour tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Have I used the system for resource capacity planning in the past.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did all of the negotiations with the recruiter after the phone interview with the hiring manager. They actually met all of my asks and even exceeded my salary request.

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hill-Rom (Cary, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Highly structured interview process. Recruiter was responsive and very knowledgeable of the business, culture and direction of the company. Talented management team who were very engaged during the interviews and had prepared thoughtful, tailored questions. Team was open with both challenges and opportunities within the company.

Interview Questions

• What are the traits of a high performing team and how would assess the capability of your team during the first 30 days on the job.   Answer Question

Field Service Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hill-Rom (Lancaster, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

I wasn't too familiar with this company beforehand, not knowing that they make hospital beds, etc., until mid-June 2016 when I received an email and call from an outside recruiter from ADP who found my résumé on Indeed.com. I contacted the gentleman back via email and spoke to him about this position and at first I wasn't sure about it, but once he began to tell me about the position and paid job training (they send you to Batesville, Indiana) and the company I became more interested. The recruiter told me to go ahead and apply on Hill-Rom's website if I was interested in which I did to then conduct a same-day phone interview with the guy, Tim, from ADP. It was a very fast process in this manner, but after I had the phone interview with him it took a very long time until I heard from the local hiring manager to come in for a face-to-face interview. I had to periodically contact the recruiter about the status and that had to of moved it along faster. Came in for the interview on 07/15/2016 (5 days before this I asked the ADP recruiter if he heard from the hiring manager and told him that I hadn't heard anything, etc.) and it was very easy, straightforward and simple. The Service Operations Manager was very nice to me and conducted the interview as if I had known him for years--nothing too difficult and was simple. He came right out and told me about the job in great detail and asked if I had questions, in which I did, and he answered them very precisely. He then asked me about some of my work history and whatnot, but nothing too intense. He didn't seem to care about my job history for every single job, but more that I had customer service, large-size vehicle driving experience and some medical knowledge/experience, and that I was sincerely interested in this position. I enforced as well that I was interested in a career-focused position as this one and he liked that more. After this interview it again took some time (almost one month) until I heard back from the hiring manager by a phone call on 08/02/2016 with an offer for the job. I was thrilled and glad to finally hear from the hiring manager and to receive this job after a lengthy process. He told me the starting pay and some other general details as to what I would have to do next with essentially another job application from an outside background check company who asks for every job you've had going back 7 years. It wasn't too bad, but a dull process nonetheless. That company does your background check and will email you if they need you to prove that you worked for a company either by a W-2 or previous pay stub, so be prepared for that part. I also had to go for a drug screening and DOT physical and that was simple as long as you can pass it okay. Hiring manager then contacted me to confirm my official start date with me and the timeframe I'll go to Indiana for 2 weeks of training in September 2016. They also pay for your flight, hotel and food. I have yet to go for training, but was told by my manager that it's some very good training. Overall, the interview/hiring process process went well and though lengthy, it was worth the wait. Thank you for taking time to read this lengthy analysis.

Interview Questions

• My hiring manager asked me very simple situational questions, but nothing too intense. Hiring manager didn't even write down my answers and basically wanted to just see how I would think and answer them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation since the starting hourly pay was very acceptable and I didn't hesitate to it. They pay you very well!

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hill-Rom (Cary, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

3 phone interviews, first one with Talent Acquisition, 2nd and third ones with various Managers. All the usual questions: what have you been doing, what kind of experience do you have, etc etc.

4th interview was in person, panel of 4. 2 Managers, 1 Director and HR representative.

I was working there as a contractor at the time, so I was trying to go fulltime.

Everything went well, and all of the sudden the Director tells me that one of the clients thought I had "Communication Issues", to which I denied. He then says the customer is very difficult to deal with.

Interview ended on a good note and I was told they will contact me very soon. 1 week passed, 2 weeks passed and nothing.

I sent an email and never got a response. I sent a second email and asked them if they think they have "Communication Issues" since they can't even get back to me with a 'Yes' or 'No', again, no response.

I met with my boss for lunch just before the end of the project. He says the Director likes to "push people" but didn't like my 2nd email to him, LMAO.

And to this Director I say: If you're going to push people around, be prepared to be pushed back. Try to put yourself in other peoples' shoes.

QA/RA Advanced Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Hill-Rom (Cary, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone screen then face-to-face. The in person interview lasted 1.5 hours. Was presented with an issue to test and had to verbally list the types of test that would be needed to fully cover the scenario presented. Must include both positive and negative scenarios.

Authorization Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hill-Rom.

Interview

The entire interview process was direct and within one week. 1st interview with department supervisors and 2nd interview with directors. I was told during the 2nd interview one of the supervisors would contact me. I attempted to reach out to her but she never returned my call and/or I did not receive notification that I was not selected. I would not interview with them again due to lack of follow up with a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were not complicated if you possessed work-related experience.   Answer Question
    • I was asked pretty much the same questions in both interviews which made the experience seem not personable and wanting to know about me. Instead, it felt like it was just all about the technical questions presented.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hill-Rom (Raleigh, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone Screening with recruiter, Technical Screening with team lead, Technical Interview with full team, Interview with management.

Overall the interview process was very friendly, technical interview was fair, no one was trying to trip you up, they were just gauging your technical ability. The interview process left me with a positive impression of the technical team and the management.

Interview Questions

• Some basic C/C++ question, what do keywords volatile and static mean? Write a small piece of C code e.g. reverseString, then dive a little deeper into how things could be done differently e.g. memory allocation, strlen replacement.   Answer Question